ImageImage

2010 Record.

Moderator: SD2042

BigDaddyFraz
Freshman
And1: 0

2010 Record. 

Post#1 » by BigDaddyFraz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:59 pm

What do you guys see our record being this season? 8-11 wins imo isnt out of the question.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,871

Re: 2010 Record. 

Post#2 » by Triple M » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 pm

I think we are an 8-8 team until further notice but this team does have a lot of potential. The main concern I have is who will step up and replace the leadership void especially on the defensive side of the football. Currently we have a lot of question marks on all 3 levels of the defense but if we can get the desired answers we have a chance of being a quality playoff teams.

One example will be if Michael Griffin can return to pro bowl form? Prior to last season set back he seemed to be on the verge of becoming an elite safety. In fact the entire secondary faltered after coming off a season where 3/4ths were in the pro bowl, so the unit as a whole needs to rebound in 2010. Being in the 2nd year of Cecil's system should help as last year's woes can be attributed to some combination of injuries, a new system, and youth. Speaking of youth the Titans will be relying on one of their young db's to step up to take the spot opposite Finnegan. Ryan Mouton and Jason McCourty are expected to challenge for the 2nd DB spot after learning on the fly in their rookie season, so with a season and two training camps under their belt they should have an distinct advantage over newcomer Alterraun Verner. With that being said one of these young DB's will probably have to play a big role(and produce) in this upcoming season for the Titans to succeed but that is if they can get production from the front four.

Two years ago the Titans were a dominating defense thanks in large part to the front four and its ability to not only get to the QB but to stop the run. A lot of us Titan fans underestimated the loss of Albert Haynesworth me included. For one I felt our young linemen were ready to step up but they were just not quite there last season but the same opportunity exist for them this season, and I believe they are more suited to grab a hold of that opportunity. It is time for guys like Jacob Ford and William Hayes to step up and bring more consistency to the table instead of showing momentary flashes of brilliance followed by disappointing play. Jason Jones is another player with high expectations that the Titans are counting on to be more consistent the main issue so far has been durability and staying on the field. If other young guys like Sen'Derric Marks and Derrick Morgan hopefully can chip in if possible. That will have a large say on the rest of the front seven.

With the loss of Keith Bulluck the Titans have not only a gaping hole to fill personnel wise but his leadership will surely be missed on a young defensive ball club. The addition of Will Witherspoon should help alleviate some of the void in both accounts but a loss will still be felt nevertheless. Young LB Gerald McRath is also being ask to step up but will miss the first four games which paves the way for vet David Thorthon to hold on to his job for the time being.

So with a lot of question marks surrounding the youthful defense the titans can fall any where from 8-12 wins but so can many of the AFC teams, which might leave us on the outside looking in.
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,495

Post#3 » by Bank Shot » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:34 pm

^^^Nice post.

I expect 9 wins and being the first or second team out of the playoffs. I just don't trust the defense at all this year.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,871

Post#4 » by Triple M » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:12 pm

Last night was a good showing for the first team defense despite missing a handful of starters. First and foremost Stephen Tulloch was all over the field and made some great instinctive plays in coverage, however, that has come to be expected as he was the most consistent player on the Tennessee defense last year. On the other hand the rest of the LB core were relatively quiet due to not really getting tested but that will change over the next few weeks. One slight concern was Gerald McGrath he seemed to be a bit shaky as he was caught out of position at times. Moving on to the defensive backs they had a solid showing against the Seattle starters. Ryan Mouton started off with a great deflection on the first series but it went down hill from there despite the int. On the other hand his counterparts in McCourty and Verner look much more impressive. In contrast to last season where injuries depleted the secondary it was reassuring to a degree that the secondary was as solid as it was without top defensive back Cortland Finnegan. Similarly, it was encouraging to see the defensive line play as it did with out 3-4 player that are expected to be a factor on that line this season. Jason Jones was impressive as usual, Jason Babin looked good off the edge and Haye/Marks looked much improved compared to last season. On the whole it was a good first showing for the Tennessee defense but we should see a truer test as the pre-season moves along.

Return to Tennessee Titans