Wiretap: Sanchez out 6-8 Weeks

pwayknicks
Head Coach
And1: 714

Wiretap: Sanchez out 6-8 Weeks 

Post#1 » by pwayknicks » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:01 pm

Mets' Sanchez Out 6-8 Weeks After Shoulder Surgery
11th April, 2007 - 12:56 am
Yahoo.com - Duaner Sanchez took the first step in his quest to return to the Mets' bullpen.

The team announced Tuesday that Sanchez underwent successful surgery to repair a hairline fracture in his right shoulder.

The operation was performed by Dr. David Altchek at New York's Hospital for Special Surgery.

Sanchez will be cleared to resume rehabilitation within six to eight weeks. The righthander was diagnosed with a fracture of a small bone in the front of his right shoulder on March 26. [READ]

Not bad I guess, I thought he would be gone until August, 8 weeks means he will be back in June or July the latest, he should be in midseason form by August......Pedro + Dirty Sanchez back in August, thats 2 great mid-season pick ups, lets just hope our bullpen can continue to be OK without him
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Wiretap: Sanchez out 6-8 Weeks 

Post#2 » by majorleads » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:42 pm

pwayknicks wrote:Not bad I guess, I thought he would be gone until August, 8 weeks means he will be back in June or July the latest, he should be in midseason form by August......Pedro + Dirty Sanchez back in August, thats 2 great mid-season pick ups, lets just hope our bullpen can continue to be OK without him

Oh no, at the earliest he won't be back until after the allstar break. He won't even begin to throw until sometime in June. Then he has to build up arm strength. After that he goes down to the minors to rehab and pitch in actual games. So really best case scenario barring any setbacks is somewhere around August 1st when he makes his 2007 debut.
pwayknicks
Head Coach
And1: 714

Re: Wiretap: Sanchez out 6-8 Weeks 

Post#3 » by pwayknicks » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:51 pm

majorleads wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh no, at the earliest he won't be back until after the allstar break. He won't even begin to throw until sometime in June. Then he has to build up arm strength. After that he goes down to the minors to rehab and pitch in actual games. So really best case scenario barring any setbacks is somewhere around August 1st when he makes his 2007 debut.

ahh crap, alright well 2 big pickups our way if no setbacks from Sanchez + Pedro in August.....
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#4 » by holdupstop23 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:22 pm

he might not even be the same when he does pitch again. He missed alot of games. I'd rather just get him fully healthy next year and see what he can do.
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#5 » by mjhp911 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:43 pm

That's it? Six to eight weeks after shoulder surgery? That sounds optimistic to me. No sweat off my back however, I'd rather not see him try to queer our season again...
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#6 » by JoeJohnson2two » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:31 am

I really don't think there is much reason to worry. Joe Smith is a legit late inning pitcher. He had a 0.98 ERA in 55 innings last year here at Wright State and has some wicked stuff for a subsidearmer. He's walked a few batters so far this year but he'll calm down. He still hasn't given up a run and he RARELY gives up extra bases. I wouldn't be surprised if he's setting up Billy by mid-June. I watched the game that Heilman blew with the three doubles and I kept saying to myself, "shoulda put in Joe."

Joe's a good guy. Loved hanging with him last year after he came back to Dayton after they shut him down in Double A. Really hope he stays on the roster cuz that guy completely shuts down right handed hitting. Oregon State got lucky off him last year in the NCAA tourney. Needless to say, thanks to Joe being drafted by NYM, I'm now a closet Mets fan.

You're in good hands with Joe Smith...
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
majorleads
Banned User

Post#7 » by majorleads » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:21 am

mjhp911 wrote:That's it? Six to eight weeks after shoulder surgery? That sounds optimistic to me. No sweat off my back however, I'd rather not see him try to queer our season again...

It's 6-8 weeks before he can even toss a ball 2 feet. Then it's another 6-8 weeks of building up arm strength before pitching in a real game. You're looking at August 1st as the target date and thats if there are no setbacks. In other words, do not count on Sanchez to really help us until next season, as it usually takes at minimum one year before a pitcher who has major shoulder surgery feels 100%
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#8 » by mjhp911 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:43 am

JoeJohnson2two wrote:I really don't think there is much reason to worry. Joe Smith is a legit late inning pitcher. He had a 0.98 ERA in 55 innings last year here at Wright State and has some wicked stuff for a subsidearmer. He's walked a few batters so far this year but he'll calm down. He still hasn't given up a run and he RARELY gives up extra bases. I wouldn't be surprised if he's setting up Billy by mid-June. I watched the game that Heilman blew with the three doubles and I kept saying to myself, "shoulda put in Joe."

Joe's a good guy. Loved hanging with him last year after he came back to Dayton after they shut him down in Double A. Really hope he stays on the roster cuz that guy completely shuts down right handed hitting. Oregon State got lucky off him last year in the NCAA tourney. Needless to say, thanks to Joe being drafted by NYM, I'm now a closet Mets fan.

You're in good hands with Joe Smith...

Yeah, I like him so far. They had a piece on him (SNY) while he was at Binghamton, and they had him change his delivery to try and mimic Bradford's. I like what I see.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,387

Post#9 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:15 pm

I like our pen so far

Feliciano
Smith
Shoenweiss
Wags - have all been lights out.

Heilman less so, but he's still decent.
Mota will come back in 39 games.

Sanchez will be a plus if he comes back healthy.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
majorleads
Banned User

Post#10 » by majorleads » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:I like our pen so far

Feliciano
Smith
Shoenweiss
Wags - have all been lights out.

Heilman less so, but he's still decent.
Mota will come back in 39 games.

Sanchez will be a plus if he comes back healthy.

I believe Willie said during ST that Heilman had a bit of a sore elbow. With the cold weather, I'm sure it's not helping him get loose. But yeah I agree regarding everyone else in the pen, they look real good. Even Burgos pitched 2 scoreless innings today. I was like oh no Willie, not Burgos, but he did well.

Return to New York Mets