Works on Trade Checker, LOL!

Moderator: SD2042

Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Works on Trade Checker, LOL! 

Post#1 » by Vator » Wed Apr 4, 2007 7:46 pm

Houston outgoing: Matt Schaub, Ron Dayne and Charles Spencer.
Houston incoming: Vince Young
Change in team outlook: Passing Yards: Less. Rushing Yards: Less. Intangibles: Same (Hey Andre Johson says Schaub is a leader and I believe him damnit!)

Tennesee outgoing: Vince Young
Tennesee incoming: Matt Schaub, Ron Dayne and Charles Spencer.
Change in team outlook: Passing Yards: More. Rushing Yards: More. Intangibles: Same

Trade ID#101010

Why for Houston?
Bring back the hometown kid in an attempt to win back a dwindling, disappointed and furious fan base.

Why for Tennesee?

They get a young pocket QB with a lot of upside and we all know that ONLY pocket QB's can succeed in the NFL. You also get a workhorse running back to help out Lendale White and compensate for the loss of Travis Henry. Finally you get a nice young building block on the offensive line. Spencer is a mauler at tackle who earned the monicker "Big Nasty" from his coaches last year in camp. He is only going into his 2nd NFL season although he will be coming back from a minor leg injury. Rub some BenGay or IcyHot on it and he will be ready to go. The Texans would basically be doing your organization a favor by giving up such a great young QB and taking VY off of your hands before the rest of the league figures him out which is going to inevitably happen. It's true...it's true.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,081

Post#2 » by SARGO127 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:48 am

Get out of here.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#3 » by J.Kim » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:50 am

I think he meant to type it in Green Font...
:P
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Vator » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:37 am

Well I didn't think it would be needed. I thought I was transparent and blatantly obvious. I mean look at my freaking sig for goodness sakes. Secondly, there is no trade checker for the NFL...hint hint. I love how ridiculous the trades can get on the NBA boards so I thought I would construct my own homerific and ill fated trade proposition. Actually, I can name a handful of other clues that alluded to the fact that my post was meant in jest and was not at all meant to be taken seriously but whatever. Traffic on the board is a little slow right now so I figured a little tounge in cheek humor wouldn't hurt anybody. Jeez, I know where I'm not welcome...I'll leave now and not come back.

Until later :wink:

All jokes aside, just a little heads up. If these boards ever grow to the capacity that we are hoping, expect a large influx of Houston fans to be on this board rooting for VY. I don't think anybody outside of Houston can fully understand how much the Texans' decision to pass on VY has split this city and the fanbase. I've been on my fair share of Texans message boards and it has been a very heated topic not to mention the city wide petitions, TV coverage, FM radio callers complaining, AM sports talk shows being dominated by all VY all the time radio, to the gym, at the workplace, at the basketball court, at the barbershop, etc.

We will be joined at the hip for as long as VY is a Titan. For better or worse, lol. You'll see what I mean. :nod:
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by J.Kim » Thu Apr 5, 2007 2:05 pm

Houston fans? I don't know...a lot of the older Houston fans, even after drafting their wonder boy Vince Young, probably still resent the Titans for leaving Houston
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Vator » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:08 pm

J.Kim wrote:Houston fans? I don't know...a lot of the older Houston fans, even after drafting their wonder boy Vince Young, probably still resent the Titans for leaving Houston

Trust me on this one, lol. This situation is out of control. It has died down just a little but that is only because before there was a code red. Now it has deteriorated into mostly heated bickering and subtle jabs. I can PM you a few links if you like to some very entertaining Vince Young debates, lol. It got so bad on one board that VY talk is no longer allowed in the Texans forum...at all! The Bud Adams thing has been discussed at length as well. This is an issue that has truly divided Texans fans.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by J.Kim » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:36 pm

LOL!

I would actually like those links...
I'm at work... I'd like to be thoroughly entertained by reading what some of Houstoners have to say about VY.

TYIA
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Vator » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:02 pm

Ok, I sent it to ya. You asked for it, lol! That is just a small sample by the way and there is enough there to keep you reading for days, lol. Sadly, there were plenty more where those came from.

Return to Tennessee Titans