ImageImageImageImage

Bottom of the Order Blues

BS007
Banned User
And1: 0

Bottom of the Order Blues 

Post#1 » by BS007 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:19 am

The bottom of the order could kill us this year. 7-8-9 could be three automatic outs. Peds has 5 hits in three games, but who knows how he will stand up to a full season. Crisp hasn't looked the same since his finger injury, he just doesn't look comfortable at the plate. Tek is beginning to wear out, i'd say play him less, but then again, Mirabelli is worse... Thoughts?
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#2 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 10:23 am

It's scary if those 3 can't hit and I would even include Lowell. It's still early tho. If Crips can't hit atleast the Sox have Pena. But no real replacements for the other 3.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#3 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:28 pm

Pedroia could lead the team in batting average, but Crisp and Varitek definitely scare me. I have some faith in Crisp, but I just hope Varitek can OPS 700. And if he can't I hope they have the balls to use Kottaras later in the season.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#4 » by wetsthebed » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm not worried about Pedroia. I still think Crisp will make a comeback once his finger has fully healed, but Varitek just seems to have lost it.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#5 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm sorry but Crisp can't use that finger problem anymore. Right now he's not hitting, hopefully he bounces back soon. If he doesn't they need to make the move to WMP.
Rainmaker
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Rainmaker » Fri Apr 6, 2007 7:00 pm

I hope Theo has the guts to dump Tek if he can't produce anything.

He's making way to much money to "handle the staff". He's been a major liablity for more more than a year now.
God is a Red Sox fan
Rondo_Fan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Rondo_Fan » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:54 pm

Tek is this symbol that you can't criticize in Boston, like Paul Pierce. I would still keep him for his defensive skills, but this no bat thing is getting old.

Coco, what's the deal with him? I never followed him that closely in Cleveland, but a lot of people were excited about him coming over here. I've seen zip in two years. Yes, he's been injured, but he just doesn't look like a hitter up there. I can't remember one good, smooth swing that I've seen him take in two years.

We are in trouble, even with our pitching, because when we play a team like the Yankees, they will bludgeon out 4 or 5 runs even against our best pitcher, while turning us into a 2 or 3 run team because half of our order can't hit.

Ugh.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
CFan21
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18

Post#8 » by CFan21 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 6:22 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I dont see any problem with Lowell at all. I'm not saying I want him at 3B past this contract, but he's serviceable at worst. Crisp is having a slow start but i think we know he's a good player even if the production hasn't been there yet. Pedroia looks like he's got the poise of a big-leaguer but I dont know if he's any more than a good 7-8-9 hitter. Tek is a problem but there's no way around it. We simply need him calling games. The order isn't all it could be, but it's good enough to win a lot of games.
formerly CelticsFan21

Return to Boston Red Sox