ImageImage

Titans @ Bills Game Thread (Preseason Game 3/4)

Moderator: SD2042

Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Titans @ Bills Game Thread (Preseason Game 3/4) 

Post#1 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:07 pm

@

Date:Friday, 8/24/07
Time:6:00pm CT
TV:WKRN[/i]
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#2 » by J.Kim » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:04 pm

I wish I could go and see this at Buffalo...

Too bad I don't have a car, and all of my friends hate both teams....
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:19 am

Ah well. It's just preseason. Try to catch it on T.V if you can.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by J.Kim » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:22 am

SD2042 wrote:Ah well. It's just preseason. Try to catch it on T.V if you can.

I am going to...

It's just that I live in Toronto, and I almost never get to see NFL Games live. So I would've liked to have seen the Titans live at Buffalo.
lurkingobeiscity
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#5 » by lurkingobeiscity » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:05 am

Young and White both looked extremely good. Roydell Williams also impressed.

Young made a couple of rediculous plays. One play he stood in the pocket and while he was being dragged down by three guys, he heaved it to Scaife for a first down in the middle of the field. The other play was a run where the pocket collapsed and he turned a sure sack into a gain of a few yards, dodging and breaking tackles along the way.

Young should have another passing TD insteas of the rushing one but Scaife let his gaurd down after a catch and a LB knocked it free before it was considered a catch.

I really can't stress enough, how good Young looked. He had a couple of beautiful passes (seam route to R. Williams) and was very confident and accurate with his throws. He stayed in the pocket almost exclusively and looked great doing it. He also ran a great 2 minute drill before the half. VY and Lendal moved it down the field in a hurry on that drive. BTW, Lendale has very good hands and is a natural reciever.

Young's rushing TD gave a hint as to how tough the Titans could be to defend in the redzone: On 4th and 2 the Titans came out in a 5 wide shotgun formation. Young dropped back looking to pass initially and then he juked the free blitzer from the side and ran it in. I think this type of thing could really tax a defense. Young is a guy who can break tackles and these type of play calls force the defense to commit to either Young's legs or the pass from the spread formation.

Michael Griffin looked good most of the day but was burned by Lee Evans. It wasn't too suprising though, considering it was straight up man coverage and the pressure never got to Losman.
Enetric wrote:Although Brook is close....despite the fact that he may be the weirdest guy in the league. Love the voice...(one time...me and Robin were in a tickle fight...and I was like...Robin...stop teasing me...)
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by J.Kim » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:46 pm

Yup. That's what essentially Young is. He looks so much like Steve McNair when he firsts started out in the league, it's scary. He's fast enough to blow by players, and yet has enough power to just run over defenders.
Although unlike him, he has a way better grasp of the Offense than when McNair started out with the Oilers/Titans.

Ah, the good old 5-spread Shotgn QB run. We also had quite a few of those plays. That, and 4-WR, 1-RB, Shotgun base offense.
Looks like the plays that Norm Chow are building with Vince Young in the huddle are looking a lot like the playbook that Mike Heimerdinger had when he was here and with Steve McNair.

Our CB situation is desperate. After Nick Harper. We have no one. To the point that it looks like Michael Griffin could be our #2 CB. I think we'll definitely miss the impact that Pacman had on the game, not only on special teams, but with his man-on-man coverage.

Return to Tennessee Titans