Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Titans vs Colts 9/16 Game Thread 

Post#1 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:39 am

Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#2 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 am

This would be a huge confidence builder for us if we could pull this one off...hopefully we do pull it out and start the season on a high note so we can cruise into the playoffs instead of battling for a spot down the stretch.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#3 » by J.Kim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:53 pm

I sort of like our chances this week better against Indy than I did with Jacksonville.
With Jacksonville, I figured they would pull us away from what we do best, and that was to play an inside/outside game with Lendale and Chris, and that they would put a spy or two on Vince to limit his rushing yards.
They did limit Vince's yards, but they couldn't stop our Offensive Line, as Roos, Bell, Mawae played a spectacular game on the left side to create massive holes for Chris Brown to run through. Lendale seemed a bit slow to explode out of the holes, but he's tough enough to take some runners with him.
I love what we did with the running game, and how they got the defense used to Lendale's speed, and then they would bring out Chris Brown and his deceptively fast running, and they were caught off guard. This also may be because Jacksonville's defense is a tad slow but we'll find out if this works again this week.

Indianapolis is a defense predicated on speed to get to the ball carrier. I don't think we'll be able to outrun them, so we might see more contribution from Lendale. Hopefully rushing Lendale up the middle relieves some of the pressure on Young, as we'll most likely see Hagler (I think Keiaho is out for the week) and/or Morris we'll be put as spy on almost every play.

As for the passing offense, I don't expect much. We couldn't generate anything against a pretty good Jacksonville pass D, and we'll likely see the same thing against a faster, but much less physical Colts pass Defense. I imagine Brandon will have a lackluster game, while Bo Scaife will once again be the focal point of our offense. If Morris is out and Boiman is in, we could probably see some success with Scaife vs. Boiman (Boiman was just horrible here, and I figure he hasn't improved much from his days with us).

With our defense, we're going to get shredded. There's no doubt about it. I mean, we'll probably get some pressure on Peyton with Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch and newly acquired Bernard, but probably nowhere close as last week's game. It'll be up to the Linebackers to support the Run defense, as Bulluck and Thornton are fast enough to pursue Addai from the backfield. Though I worry about Tulloch up the middle, he's got the fundamentals down, so he should do an adequate job. If it were up to me, I'd go with 3-down linemen (Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch and Bernard), the 3 LBs, and 5 coverage DBs (3 Safeties and 2 Corners) With either Fuller or Lowry playing closer to the line to help out Tulloch. But I don't see it happening since Schwartz never plays outside the base 4-3, and hardly ever blitzes.

As for our Pass D, there's no doubt, we'll get killed. Harper's a good zone guy, but I don't see how Harper and Lowry (I'm assuming they're going to bring safeties over to help out with Wayne and Harrison) are going to keep up with the top-end speed of Reggie Wayne or the crisp route running and perfection of Marvin Harrison. Finnegan has a tough road ahead, his second start of the season and he's facing Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.
I see more playing time for Michael Griffin and Reynaldo Hill this week.
Thankfully, Reynaldo's the 4th CB, so he won't be doing much except lining up against Aaron Moorehead. If he somehow **** that up, then Herndon's waiting to take his spot. (What the hell happened to him and why's he so far down the depth chart?).
This will be a good experience for Michael Griffin. I figure Indy will put in Anthony Gonzalez in a lot of packages, and I think he'll be able to play effectively against Gonzalez. Griffin's a great tackler from his Texas days, though I worry about his coverage skills at this level. Hopefully he contains Gonzalez and gains confidence from this week.

Overall, we could very well have a good game. But it depends on how we control the ball on offense. If we can generate a great rushing offense and control the clock to something like a 1.5-1 to 1.75-1 ratio, then it's likely that we'll see another W beside our schedule. We screwed up a lot in the redzone this week, and I don't think Fisher and Chow can take many chances with Lendale's inability to get into the endzone. I think we'll see more of that 5-WR spread, QB rush in the redzone this week.
I also think Fisher and Chow will be pulling out all the tricks again this week (like they always do when the face the Colts), and pull a couple of trick plays and surprise onside kicks this week.
I don't expect to win, but who knows, maybe we'll get a nice surprise like we did last week.
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:25 pm

The game is underway!
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:28 pm

Does anyone have a website where you can watch some football games?
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by J.Kim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:06 pm

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

You need Sopcast though.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,084

Post#7 » by SARGO127 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:20 pm

bullsh*t im so **** pissed...brandon jones.....HOW CAN U DROP THAT PASS?!
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by J.Kim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:24 pm

SARGO127 wrote:bullsh*t im so **** pissed...brandon jones.....HOW CAN U DROP THAT PASS?!

I can't believe Brandon dropped that pass. I thought he was the more sure-handed receiver on this team and Roydell Williams showed him up today.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#9 » by SD2042 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:25 pm

Jones took his eyes off the ball when he was supposed to catch it. Although the Colts got a win by the hardest. It wasn't pretty. Something tells me the Titans might catch the Colts in Indy after ironing out the kinks from this game.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by J.Kim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:32 pm

SD2042 wrote:Jones took his eyes off the ball when he was supposed to catch it. Although the Colts got a win by the hardest. It wasn't pretty. Something tells me the Titans might catch the Colts in Indy after ironing out the kinks from this game.

I was so confident that Vince was going to pull one out like he always does.
I was surprised when he got tackled there and couldn't get the ball off.
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 pm

We almost pulled that one out.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:36 am

We'll catch the Colts in Indy.

Return to Tennessee Titans