SARGO127--3

Game Winners:

Game 1: J.Kim; Cav-Titan-Cub--1
Game 2: DaSportsGuy--8
Game 3: J.Kim; SD2042--3
Game 4: Cav-Titan-Cub--5
Game 5: Cav-Titan-Cub--3

Rules:
Predictions are posted up to 1 minute before kickoff (generally 1:00 PM) in the specified Game YOU PREDICT weekly thread. There you can find the standings and rules.

In the event of a tie, most games won (overall point lead per game) will break it.

Here are the scoring categories:

Predict the game's passing leader: 2 points

Predict the game's rushing leader: 2 points

Predict the game's receiving leader: 3 points

Predict the game's sack leader: 2 points

Predict the game's kicking points leader: 1 points

Predict Titans' points scored: 1 point

Predict the opponent's points scored: 1 point

Predict the game's total points scored: 1 point
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:49 am

Titans-24
Texans-21
TOTAL-45

Passing-Schuab
Rushing-Green
Recieving-Johnson
Sacks-Williams
Kicking-Bironas
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:31 am

If VY doesn't play Sunday.

Texans-34
Titans-17
Total Pts 51

Passing Schaub
Rushing-Green
Receiving- Johnson
Sacks-KVB
Kicks-Bironas
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#4 » by J.Kim » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:34 am

From My Blog:

Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans

We're facing the Moo Cows for the first time this season, and they look like a completely different team than they did last season. By week 7, we all know about how Matt Schaub has overhauled this team; How he's not holding on to the ball like David Carr was just a season ago, how he's making smarter decisions. But what most people don't see is the job that much-maligned 2nd year player Mario Williams and I-was-actually-a-teenage-player Amobi Akoye have done along with herculean efforts from Dunta Robinson and Demeco Ryans. They have taken this defense from horrible to, well... just below average.

However, it shouldn't be too much trouble for our offense to generate some yards against this Houston defense. The last 2 games, Houston has given up an average of 170.5 Rushing Yards to Jacksonville and Miami, and on the season Houston gives up 116.8 Rushing Yards a game (19th). Titans Leading rusher Chris Brown is out for the week so the bulk of the carries will be given to LenDale White with workout-wonder rookie Chris Henry getting limited snaps. Despite White's lackluster performance this season, he should be able to rack up some yards against a below-average Moo Cow run defense. As for the rookie, perhaps we'll finally see what Jeff Fisher and Mike Reinfeldt saw in him, but I'm definitely not holding my breath expecting anything spectacular.

At this current state, it looks as if Vince Young will be a game-time decision. And in the case that he cannot go, Kerry Collins will be getting the start for the first time since week 3 last season. Last week, filling in for Vince, Collins didn't play too badly, except for two near interceptions. However, the two near interceptions were complete boneheaded throws that he could have avoided. This week should be an easier time for him, as Houston does not have as nearly a good of a defense that Tampa Bay does. If Collins can just manage the game, and stay mistake-free, we should be able to have a good offensive game with our running attack.

Frequent readers of this blog should know by now that I love the Titans defense. And I don't mean just love, but I mean LOVE the Titans defense. Kyle Vanden Bosch and Albert Haynesworth continue to play like all-pros. Especially Haynesworth. If he continues to play like this, Haynesworth deserves a very fat contract, matched only by his weight. The biggest surprise of the defense has been 2nd-year starter Cortland Finnegan. Coming into this season, I didn't expect too much out of him; maybe fill in solidly as a #2 CB. He has completely outplayed my expectations, playing like a legit #1 CB, and sometimes even looking Pro-Bowl worthy.

So far this season, the Titans rank #2 in Defensive DVOA, #3 in Pass Defense DVOA and #8 in Rush Defense DVOA, along with giving up only 14.4 points a game (4th in the league), and 281.4 Yards per game (6th in the league). The Moo Cow's passing offense has been great so far this season, averaging 260.8 Yards a game. However, they're only gaining 81.7 yards a game behind "He's Still Playing???" RB Ahman Green. The Titans should be able to shut down the Houston run offense with relative ease. The challenge will be in whether or not the Titans can shut down Kevin Walters, (I can't believe I just said that) who's been having a good season so far, taking over at the #1 WR position during Andre Johnson's injury, and 2nd year TE Owen Daniels. It's very likely that Andre Johnson is out for this week, so the Titans secondary and LBs should have an easy time covering Walters and Daniels. Vanden Bosch and Haynesworth will likely be in the backfield all day this Sunday against the Moo Cows, so it should help out the Titans secondary even further in covering these receivers.

Like almost all AFC South games, I expect this game to be a rather close one. But, even with Vince Young out, I expect the Titans to pull out the victory behind a strong, time-consuming, running attack, and a smothering defense.

Titans win 20-17.

Passing - Schaub
Rushing - White
Receiving - Owen Daniels
Sacks - KVB
Kicks - Bironas
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,084

Post#5 » by SARGO127 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:26 pm

Titans- 27
Texans- 24
TOTAL- 51

Passing- Schuab
Rushing- White
Recieving- Johnson (If plays), Roydell if he doesnt.
Sacks- KVB
Kicking- Bironas
Cav-Titan-Cub
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Cav-Titan-Cub » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:52 pm

Week 7 Points:

J.Kim--5
SARGO127--5
SD2042--3
Cav-Titan-Cub-1
Cav-Titan-Cub