Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Young called Titans QB of future 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4402131

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young received a vote of confidence from the team's owner after a solid performance in a 27-20 preseason win over Tampa Bay on Saturday.

Asked if there is a scenario where Young isn't part of the 2009 Titans, Bud Adams said: "He's under contract, he's not going anywhere but right here and he's our future quarterback.

Adams continuned by saying starter Kerry Collins is "a great quarterback" but "he's got some age on him."

"Vince is a young guy and he can be a great quarterback before he gets through with his NFL career," Adams said.

Following Collins, Young completed 9 of 14 passes for 131 yards including a 37-yard touchdown pass to the Titans first-round draft pick, Kenny Britt, who was wide open thanks to busted coverage.

Young shifted forward in the pocket away from pressure but had his head down field and spotted Britt waving.

"That's one thing coach [Mike] Heimderinger's been telling me," Young said. "Use your legs and keep the ball alive and keep your eyes down field, and that's basically what I did. I seen the free safety relaxed and didn't get to his area where he was supposed to be at in cover-2 and Kenny, he adjusted his route to a go-route like he's supposed to.

"I just want to continue to get better, it's not all about me& a lot of the guys made a lot of plays today."

Return to Tennessee Titans