ImageImage

A Decade of Disappointment for Titans (1999-2009)

Moderator: SD2042

Alymero
Banned User
And1: 0

A Decade of Disappointment for Titans (1999-2009) 

Post#1 » by Alymero » Sun Oct 4, 2009 10:59 pm

As we look back on the decade since the Titans came within an arm length of winning the Super Bowl, what can we come away with other than heartbreak over the decade that was? By the way, I'm talking in past-tense here since there's a 99.9% chance an 0-4 team misses the playoffs.
Anyway, if you would've told me in 1999 that the Titans would have had such a decade of disappointment I would've said you were crazy since they were easily going to be a Super Bowl dynasty and the brightest team in the NFL going forward into the 21st century.
Whatever went wrong is anybody's guess since it defys logic how these last ten years have gone.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Re: A Decade of Disappointment for Titans (1999-2009) 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Tue Oct 6, 2009 5:13 am

Not every team will have bright spots every year. Too many things can be capable of going sideways. Sometimes to the despite of the team's efforts to have a good season like injuries, lack of talent, missing key guys at certain positions or not having the right chemistry. In the case of the Titans, I won't say it has been dissapointing. Just a case of seesaw seasons at times. In the case of this season so far, it's really been dissapointing to say the least.

Return to Tennessee Titans