ImageImage

So, Kerry Collins was the problem, huh?

Moderator: SD2042

Alymero
Banned User
And1: 0

So, Kerry Collins was the problem, huh? 

Post#1 » by Alymero » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Nice to see the Titans are back on track. However, I wonder if Kerry Collins will ever be able to live down the notion that in just two seasons he set back the Titans half a decade in their quest to win a Super Bowl. Anyway, good luck the rest of the season with Vince Young...I always knew he was the man and would eventually prove his worth.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Re: So, Kerry Collins was the problem, huh? 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:52 am

Let's hope VY10 can continue to play well this season. He is on a rebuilding course to set things right with himself and the team to regain the trust and confidence they seek from him in the first place. As for Collins, he has some blame in this, but the defense during the first six games played like complete crap against the passing game and at imes the running game.
Alymero
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Alymero » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:20 pm

We're now left wondering...what if Kerry Collins never got involved with this team? I bet they would've at least gone a bit further in last year's golden opportuntity to win-it-all in what was a wide open Super Bowl last year for any team.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#4 » by SD2042 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 am

I can't say with VY confidence crashing down hard early last season. Who knows how far the Titans could've gone if Collins wasn't around. It certainly wouldn't reach the playoffs if VY was at the helm. They are not expect to make the playoffs this season. With that in mind, VY has to work on playing and improving himself on the field so by the time he help lead the Titans into the playoffs, he should be mentally ready to face the challange head on.

Return to Tennessee Titans