Game #16: NUGGETS (10-6) @ LAC (7-8) MON 11/27—7:30 PM, NBA-TV

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,053

Re: Game #16: NUGGETS (10-6) @ LAC (7-8) MON 11/27—7:30 PM, NBA-TV 

Post#121 » by Sofia » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:15 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:then if you lose your excuse is simply "3s weren't going in tonight"

"It's a make or miss league." :banghead:

I shoot from beyond half court because there’s less defence back there and I could make them or I could miss them. It’s a make or miss location on the court.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,276

Post#122 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:47 am

Clemenza wrote:I'm not saying Lue isn't allowed to play the kids per say, but there has to be something in play because Lue seemed to like Bones and Kobe and for them to literally be shelved is off and weird asf. Its probably more along the lines of the locker room turning upside down if Bones plays or takes minutes from Russ, Norm, or Harden and Kobe taking PJ's minutes. I guess its basically keeping peace on that end even if it brings the team down in play and spirit.

Then he really is Doc 2.0. He's supposed to be a player's coach/ego manager and he can't even do that, he just capitulates to the biggest names on the team at the expense of what's best for the team. When there's no aspect of the job that he's actually good at, then there's no reason for him not to be fired.

Lue was in a really bad spot in Cleveland when Bron bolted for the Lakers. He played some youth mixed in with the older guys but ownership wanted a 100% full blown tank job which isn't going to work with a guy like Lue.

I'd buy that it was just a bad spot for Lue if the same habit of refusing to play young players didn't follow him to LA. You simply cannot get through the regular-season grind in today's NBA by refusing to play anyone under 30. If Lue can't accept that fact, swallow his pride and adjust, then he should go join his buddy Doc in the broadcast booth, because coaching isn't for him.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 394

Post#123 » by wakelaunch1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:11 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I'm not saying Lue isn't allowed to play the kids per say, but there has to be something in play because Lue seemed to like Bones and Kobe and for them to literally be shelved is off and weird asf. Its probably more along the lines of the locker room turning upside down if Bones plays or takes minutes from Russ, Norm, or Harden and Kobe taking PJ's minutes. I guess its basically keeping peace on that end even if it brings the team down in play and spirit.

Then he really is Doc 2.0. He's supposed to be a player's coach/ego manager and he can't even do that, he just capitulates to the biggest names on the team at the expense of what's best for the team. When there's no aspect of the job that he's actually good at, then there's no reason for him not to be fired.

Lue was in a really bad spot in Cleveland when Bron bolted for the Lakers. He played some youth mixed in with the older guys but ownership wanted a 100% full blown tank job which isn't going to work with a guy like Lue.

I'd buy that it was just a bad spot for Lue if the same habit of refusing to play young players didn't follow him to LA. You simply cannot get through the regular-season grind in today's NBA by refusing to play anyone under 30. If Lue can't accept that fact, swallow his pride and adjust, then he should go join his buddy Doc in the broadcast booth, because coaching isn't for him.

Hes a guy that doesnt want to teach young players to get better. Thats the point of coaching: Motivate, develop, recruit, and blend.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,955

Post#124 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:08 am

LOL. Harden gonna get another coach fired. :rofl2:

https://clipperholics.com/posts/tyronn-lue-gets-honest-about-clippers-offense

With 100 seconds left in the game and the Clippers down four points, James Harden drove to the basket but lost control, turning the ball over in a crucial juncture. As the Nuggets brought the ball down the floor, Reggie Jackson called for a screen to get Harden switched onto him. When he got the matchup he wanted, Jackson exploded past Harden and scored to put Denver up six.

It was a brutal exclamation point on what was a difficult night for James Harden. The fact that it was beloved former Clipper Reggie Jackson putting his former team away only added insult to injury.

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,276

Post#125 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:35 am

esqtvd wrote:LOL. Harden gonna get another coach fired. :rofl2:

Edited by mod: Plenty of people posted positively and negatively about Harden, esqtvd included. We--and in this case, I mean "the board"--aren't going to play the "who hated/liked a player first/most?" game.

If he does get another coach fired, it'll be the only positive contribution he ever makes in a Clippers uniform. Hopefully he follows it up with his other move of quitting and demanding a trade, because I'm already sick of watching him too.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#126 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:54 am

Please don't talk to me.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,312

Post#127 » by Dynamix » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:18 am

Come on, guys, can't we all just get along and be miserable together?
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 792

Post#128 » by donemilio21 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:04 am

Dynamix wrote:Come on, guys, can't we all just get along and be miserable together?

:D :D :D
we are fighting over who to blame, but none of those people have any idea this forum exists
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#129 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:41 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers