esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Re: Ivica "Big Zu" Zubac agrees to 3-year\$33 million extension 

Post#21 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:06 am

Scoundreldays wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
You missing the tweet. It's about your big to position himself to create advantage of opponent big's presence for the other 4 guy on the field. Zu-Mason-Diabate... Watch carefully after 00:26, schemes like this makes it easier a lot of things for bigs as long as your coach hasn't obsessed with small lineups.

No, you're not hearing me. Zu can't do the slash to the basket from the elbow or the alley-oop. Plumlee, a little better, but not really.

Zu's already been setting up at the top of the key for years, with a crappy pick and an even worse roll to the hoop. This video does not work for Zu or even Plum. We talk over and over about "getting Zu involved in the offense" but it's a fool's errand.

We've been running this play for Zu for years now but it just doesn't work.

Zu is what he is, a decent backup on a championship team not a starter

that's all I was saying

u is what u is

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#22 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:54 pm

I remember everyone was excited seeing him shoot 3's in practice, what would have actually helped is for him to be able to turn and pop elbow jumpers or anywhere else from high-post range. He never shoots those, although his FT% indicates he might have become pretty good from there. His long arms should help with those as well, although maybe realistically he's too slow in his set up to reliably get good open shots. You wouldn't want him taking too many, but it would add a needed dimension to his game and our offense.

It's funny Plumlee has greater versatility on offense but only somewhat more. He can do something good with the ball, but if he is put in the position more than a couple of times he's turning it over at least once LOL (not really his fault, just a limitation of his game.)
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#23 » by nickhx2 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:17 pm

what one wouldn't give for a prime chris kaman

(though if we were really wishing for an optimal C of clippers yore, you'd take elton brand there i'm pretty sure to be that bam-ish type of guy)
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 394

Post#24 » by wakelaunch1 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:29 am

nickhx2 wrote:what one wouldn't give for a prime chris kaman

(though if we were really wishing for an optimal C of clippers yore, you'd take elton brand there i'm pretty sure to be that bam-ish type of guy)

thats funny and he would fit in so much better in todays NBA. Good big to run with Russ. Hes fouling out against the Joker though
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,276

Post#25 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:02 am

I remember prime Kaman aggravating people with his "Mr. Flippy" shots about as much as Zu does now with his stone hands.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#26 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 am

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers