Game #18: LAC (8-9) @ DUBS (8-10) THU 11/30—7 PM, NBA-TV

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,377

Re: Game #18: LAC (8-9) @ DUBS (8-10) THU 11/30—7 PM, NBA-TV 

Post#41 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:59 am

esqtvd wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:I feel it's done to stroke egos or to prove a point the lineup sucks.

I think this is a good point too. But you have to prove it to the players, by showing them. Let it prove itself out.

Only then will they accept whatever changes need to be made. Otherwise it's 'blame the coach.' He plays his favorites, and buries the guys he doesn't like.

In fact, it's even truer of the fans, lol.

ADD: Listening to the postgame on the way to Jack-in-the-Box. Clippers radio host Adam Ausland--who is a HUGE cheerleader for the Clips, he gets paid to be--was quite down on Kobe Brown tonight. Minus-6 in 6 minutes. We lost by 6. Said he was clueless out there.

Don't @ me. Just sayin'.

I'm not surprised the Warriors offense is already difficult for teams to defend. A rookie with his first experience going up against it is bound to get lost.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,511

Post#42 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:29 am

Clippers were clearly exhausted with 5 games in 7 nights, but at least they fought hard.

Refs didn't do them any favors either- awarding that weirdo Warriors rookie with a flop against a hall of famer and not calling a flagrant against Draymond- shameful. He also tried to rip Theis' arm out of it's socket- has there ever been a more dirty player in NBA history than Green?
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,123

So, Uh, About That Double 2-0 Comeback 

Post#43 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:39 am

Read on Twitter

There's a difference between embracing the past and letting it go. You can embrace your losing history, it gives you character and a reason for you to win. What you can't do is believe in the "we-did-it-once-we-can-do-it-again" approach. You can't move on if you're expecting a new team to repeat the same thing that got them their first conference finals berth, let alone this Fantastic 4/Big 3. The identity crisis is still intact, caring more about wanting to be loved than just getting the job done.

The only way they will see it is if Leonard and George take the lead by getting ejected from a game. They gotta destroy their nice guy image and become an evil franchise, take that reputational hit and use all this "end of the Clippers" talk/calls for a rebuild as external motivation. George was supposed to be bully in this Killer Kombat season, but hasn't truly backed it up by getting himself tossed from a game. The penalties for attempting load management actually made things worse for Clippers, forcing them to play nice for fear of repercussion. They don't have to play by the rules all the time, you know.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#44 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:43 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Clippers were clearly exhausted with 5 games in 7 nights, but at least they fought hard.

Refs didn't do them any favors either- awarding that weirdo Warriors rookie with a flop against a hall of famer and not calling a flagrant against Draymond- shameful. He also tried to rip Theis' arm out of it's socket- has there ever been a more dirty player in NBA history than Green?

Just sayin'

Kurt Rambis on Kevin McHale's infamous 1984 NBA Finals clothesline "No replay, no ejections. I just went to the free throw line"

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: So, Uh, About That Double 2-0 Comeback 

Post#45 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:50 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter

There's a difference between embracing the past and letting it go. You can embrace your losing history, it gives you character and a reason for you to win. What you can't do is believe in the "we-did-it-once-we-can-do-it-again" approach. You can't move on if you're expecting a new team to repeat the same thing that got them their first conference finals berth, let alone this Fantastic 4/Big 3. The identity crisis is still intact, caring more about wanting to be loved than just getting the job done.

The only way they will see it is if Leonard and George take the lead by getting ejected from a game. They gotta destroy their nice guy image and become an evil franchise, take that reputational hit and use all this "end of the Clippers" talk/calls for a rebuild as external motivation. George was supposed to be bully in this Killer Kombat season, but hasn't truly backed it up by getting himself tossed from a game. The penalties for attempting load management actually made things worse for Clippers, forcing them to play nice for fear of repercussion. They don't have to play by the rules all the time, you know.

Awesome. In Doc Rivers' last 3 seasons as Clipper coach they finished second, first, and first in FT attempts. You could look it up. That's a LOT of cheap points at the free throw line. Being a whiny bttxgh PAYS.

Ty---and I like the guy--finished 14th last year and actually finished LAST the year before. LAST! 30th out of 30!

You could look it up, Whitney. Working the refs is WAY underrated. This is your meta, Ms. Giveaway. Players getting thrown out of games is stupid. Well, Doc told his players--don't work the refs, I'll do it. Let ME get thrown out.

And it worked. I have the stats to prove it. Then his 76ers finished 3rd. TWICE.

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/traditional?Season=2019-20&dir=A&sort=FTA

Doc is the ultimate whiny bitch. Credit where it's due.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,511

Post#46 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Dec 1, 2023 8:07 am

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Clippers were clearly exhausted with 5 games in 7 nights, but at least they fought hard.

Just sayin'

Kurt Rambis on Kevin McHale's infamous 1984 NBA Finals clothesline "No replay, no ejections. I just went to the free throw line"

It is 40 years later- there are supposed to be repercussions in the modern nba whether you like it or not. I’m fond of tough nose basketball, but green is an outright dirty player
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#47 » by ERClips » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:35 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:I feel it's done to stroke egos or to prove a point the lineup sucks.

I think this is a good point too. But you have to prove it to the players, by showing them. Let it prove itself out.

Only then will they accept whatever changes need to be made. Otherwise it's 'blame the coach.' He plays his favorites, and buries the guys he doesn't like.

In fact, it's even truer of the fans, lol.

ADD: Listening to the postgame on the way to Jack-in-the-Box. Clippers radio host Adam Ausland--who is a HUGE cheerleader for the Clips, he gets paid to be--was quite down on Kobe Brown tonight. Minus-6 in 6 minutes. We lost by 6. Said he was clueless out there.

Don't @ me. Just sayin'.

Kobe definitely looked like a newbie rookie out there last night.
Norm was MIA and a contribution from him might’ve won us the game given the final score.
PG was PG. The horrible version not the elite all star. In particular his lazy defense and effort on the boards.
Just got outplayed big time by their 2nd unit too.
Need to get a win against them Saturday
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#48 » by PeteyPablo » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:00 pm

Overall good game given on the road and back to back. The game was broken open by Warriors when their bench guys were left wide open over and over at the three point line. three-point

PG just does not have the mental fortitude to be consistent. Very talented and gifted but is just too soft when not scoring. Warriors almost looked like like prime Warriors when they were shredding the NBA with their ball movement and threes.

Clippers get a day off to regroup and recover. They need to protect home court on Saturday. We got to see bones play 4 minutes and he was active defensively while in the game.

Looking at the box score , every stat was equal other than Warriors shooting 50% fg to Clippers 44% fg. Very close game.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 942

Post#49 » by NickP » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:57 pm

I think I've seen enough to notice the glaring problem. It's PG13. I don't think he's a good fit or has ever been a good fit. If we traded him for some decent Hussle kind of guys I'd be very happy. I cringe every time he touches the ball. He doesn't even bring it on defense now. With him gone there'll be more room for Kawhi and Harden. Even T Mann could be more effective on the offensive end.
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#50 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:10 pm

NickP wrote:I think I've seen enough to notice the glaring problem. It's PG13. I don't think he's a good fit or has ever been a good fit. If we traded him for some decent Hussle kind of guys I'd be very happy. I cringe every time he touches the ball. He doesn't even bring it on defense now. With him gone there'll be more room for Kawhi and Harden. Even T Mann could be more effective on the offensive end.

Agree, when he's on he is on but he is mentally fragile and will lose you as many games as he wins. Funny enough Lebron would be a good fit for him.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,123

Post#51 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:50 pm

NickP wrote:I think I've seen enough to notice the glaring problem. It's PG13. I don't think he's a good fit or has ever been a good fit. If we traded him for some decent Hussle kind of guys I'd be very happy. I cringe every time he touches the ball. He doesn't even bring it on defense now. With him gone there'll be more room for Kawhi and Harden. Even T Mann could be more effective on the offensive end.

Note that if Clippers trade George, it will be an admittance that the Leonard/George tandem was a failure and Thunder won the trade. What if that trade forces Leonard to want out, Westbrook too? You have to ask these what-if questions and be prepared for whatever comes for the repercussions that come with such actions will be astronomical.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#52 » by Ballings7 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:23 pm

I don't see any of the big four getting traded during the season unless its for someone that'll definitely make an impact, not for a decent buffet package (2 decent role players, picks, expirings, etc).
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#53 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:27 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:

Note that if Clippers trade George, it will be an admittance that the Leonard/George tandem was a failure and Thunder won the trade. What if that trade forces Leonard to want out, Westbrook too? You have to ask these what-if questions and be prepared for whatever comes for the repercussions that come with such actions will be astronomical.

I mean it kind of has
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by NickP » Fri Dec 1, 2023 10:21 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:

And so? Fine the trade didn't work out and OKC got the better end of it. This won't be the first or the last time the Clippers or any other org has lost a trade.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 394

Post#55 » by wakelaunch1 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 12:46 am

NickP wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:

And so? Fine the trade didn't work out and OKC got the better end of it. This won't be the first or the last time the Clippers or any other org has lost a trade.

I agree with its time to consider trading PG. The trade has already been worse. OKC has far benefited from the trade. SGA has been better the PG for 2 years. and all the picks for infinity.

3 team trade.

Lakers: Paul George playing with Lebron will light a fire under him. The ultimate coach on the floor. PG can go back to being the wing he needs to be.

Clippers: Anthony Davis-fresh start, fills a need with the Clippers rebounding/defense/shooting
Jarret Allen, playing center/ better defender to help Hardens lack of defense.
Niang shooter.

Cleveland Zubac
Powell
Boston

https://pasteboard.co/lK226CCVoUod.png

Clippers
Harden
Kawhi
Niang
Davis
Allen

Russ
Mann
Bones
Theis
Plumlee( Brown till Plumlee gets back
Scoundreldays
Veteran

Post#56 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Dec 2, 2023 4:44 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:
NickP wrote:
Wammy Giveaway wrote:

I agree with its time to consider trading PG. The trade has already been worse. OKC has far benefited from the trade. SGA has been better the PG for 2 years. and all the picks for infinity.

3 team trade.

Lakers: Paul George playing with Lebron will light a fire under him. The ultimate coach on the floor. PG can go back to being the wing he needs to be.

Clippers: Anthony Davis-fresh start, fills a need with the Clippers rebounding/defense/shooting
Niang shooter.

Cleveland Zubac
Powell
Boston

Clippers
Harden
Kawhi
Niang
Davis
Allen

Russ
Mann
Bones
Theis

Why would Cleveland take that though? Powell is redundant there with Mitchell and Garland. Allen would be sweet but makes me nervous with his durability.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#57 » by esqtvd » Sat Dec 2, 2023 6:15 am

Scoundreldays wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
NickP wrote:And so? Fine the trade didn't work out and OKC got the better end of it. This won't be the first or the last time the Clippers or any other org has lost a trade.

3 team trade.

Niang shooter.

Cleveland Zubac
Powell
Boston

Clippers
Harden
Kawhi
Niang
Davis
Allen

Russ
Mann
Bones
Theis

Why would Cleveland take that though? Powell is redundant there with Mitchell and Garland. Allen would be sweet but makes me nervous with his durability.

It's ok, guys, but in future this stuff doesn't belong on GAME THREADS. We're trying to enjoy the games. Discussing the games. What happens on the COURT.

Sliming the team and breaking it up belongs on the

Transaction Discussion Part 4 (Trades, Free-Agency, News, Rumors & Ideas)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2184789

thread.

The Big 4 are going NOWHERE. Ballmer is ALL-IN and it's up to Ty--or his replacement--to make this work. Can't fire the team.

You CAN fire the coach, though. That's pretty easy, actually. And Ty won't even mind. This roster as constructed is an abortion. Put me out of my misery, Steve.

In the meantime, Ty will try to make it work. Fired or not, he gets paid the same whether he coaches or not. At this point, he doesn't give a sh*t. :lol:

He'll have another job in a week. or a month, or a year. Sweet.
wakelaunch1
Senior
And1: 394

Post#58 » by wakelaunch1 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 7:44 am

esqtvd wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:

3 team trade.

Niang shooter.

Cleveland Zubac
Powell
Boston

Clippers
Harden
Kawhi
Niang
Davis
Allen

Russ
Mann
Bones
Theis

It's ok, guys, but in future this stuff doesn't belong on GAME THREADS. We're trying to enjoy the games. Discussing the games. What happens on the COURT.

thread.

The Big 4 are going NOWHERE. Ballmer is ALL-IN and it's up to Ty--or his replacement--to make this work. Can't fire the team.

You CAN fire the coach, though. That's pretty easy, actually. And Ty won't even mind. This roster as constructed is an abortion. Put me out of my misery, Steve.

In the meantime, Ty will try to make it work. Fired or not, he gets paid the same whether he coaches or not. At this point, he doesn't give a sh*t. :lol:

I would cut Ty loose as well. Let one of the assistants run the team. Not much difference. I like Brian Shaw as a coach. He never got a fair shake.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Sat Dec 2, 2023 8:22 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:Why would Cleveland take that though? Powell is redundant there with Mitchell and Garland. Allen would be sweet but makes me nervous with his durability.

thread.

I would cut Ty loose as well. Let one of the assistants run the team. Not much difference. I like Brian Shaw as a coach. He never got a fair shake.

Yes, we know. We know.

Trade everybody. Fire the rest. Play the backups. Play the G-Leaguers. Play the ushers. Play Chuck the Condor.

There needs to be a separate thread for you to say this over and over. Not the game threads. Not EVERY GAME THREAD. Over and over and over.

Mercy.

Is there a moderator on this board? Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks for your concerns, the backseat moderation doesn't actually help and just adds to the clutter - og15
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#60 » by NickP » Sat Dec 2, 2023 5:00 pm

esqtvd wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

thread.

Yes, we know. We know.

Trade everybody. Fire the rest. Play the backups. Play the G-Leaguers. Play the ushers. Play Chuck the Condor.

There needs to be a separate thread for you to say this over and over. Not the game threads. Not EVERY GAME THREAD. Over and over and over.

Mercy.

Is there a moderator on this board? Anyone? Anyone?

Tom, game threads are to discuss the current game at hand but so are the frustrations and observations going on currently in THAT GAME.
You cannot expect someone to actually go and find that specific thread and comment there? PG is currently sucking a$$ in every game and will merit that discussion in every game.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers