ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #24: DUBS (10-13) @ LAC (13-10) THURS 12/14—7:30 PM, CHANNEL 5

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,293

Re: Game #24: DUBS (10-13) @ LAC (13-10) THURS 12/14—7:30 PM, CHANNEL 5 

Post#41 » by playaloc916 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:24 am

What a game! Harden with a monster game (great defense with all the slap downs), Kawhi putting in work as usual, and the Brewmaster certainly making the most of his opportunity... He attempted the second most shots on the team.

It seems like the team has turned the corner. Like you guys said, the old team wouldn't have the mental strength to buckle down, get stops, and grind out a win. The current team does.

And props to Powell. His constant drives and finishes gives the team another look. The other team doesn't have time to set up their defenses. He always seems to come up with a timely bucket.

6 game win streak. Another tough game against the Knicks. Let's see if they can make it 7 in a row...
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,292

Post#42 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:42 am

esqtvd wrote:Did you hear the roar when CP3 hit the 3 to close the 3rdQ?

Too many Clipper fans sell their season ticket seats to those megarich white boyz from SF who have business to do here in LA anyway. $1000 a ticket? So what? Write it off on my taxes. Take my LA clients to a game and get to see my GSWs too.

Ballmer says gonna try to fix that at The Igloo or whatever he's gonna call it.

Warriors, Lakers, and Knicks will always have a nice handful of fans in pretty much every building across the league no matter what. I've even seen Laker fans take over a Bulls game in Chicago. The Warriors bandwagon is starting to die down and go back underground tho. Its only a matter of time
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,312

Post#43 » by Dynamix » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:46 am

Considering there was no PG, this was probably our best game of the season. Especially loved that defense, and not just because of all the blocked shots. This was the second game against them where Curry looked like a regular player. I wasn't as worried about Klay, he cooled off a bit eventually.

Nice to see Amir looking great in his first game with real minutes since forever. Going to give Ty something to think about once PG returns (hopefully soon).

All these guys seem bought in, I'm half expecting BBJ to score a 20 piece whenever he gets the call.

Harden was superb and Russ seems to have found the right balance between when to force the issue and when to give it up.

Norman Powell... I just love this guy. His constant movement and finishing ability are huge when we need a bucket, and he tries on defense, can't ask for much more.

It's getting tougher and tougher to hold off on being too excited until the month ends. Others might expect us to sweep December, but looking at our schedule, I think we'll be just fine even if we go 4-3. Keep playing like this in 2024 and the record will take care of itself.

A few weeks ago I was worried about many things regarding this team, now it's mostly just player health, but it wouldn't be a true Clippers fan experience without constant injury anxiety.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:48 am

Harden and Kawhi.. brilliant! Zu, Coffey, and Norm.. stellar to great! Not to mention that this team is getting tough and hardnosed instead of soft and fragile. Russ had some moments and some not so good moments. Mann lost his shot again. He had everyone backing him at the start of the season but he better watch out minute wise if Coffey is ready to contribute like he did tonight.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

Post#45 » by LamarWho » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:51 am

Harden had an amazing game, but the game ball goes to the Folgers Soldier, he actually outscored Curry in this game. Had a feeling Klay will break out from the slump against us tonight. Great job containing Curry especially in the 4th.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#46 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:31 am

Dynamix wrote:Considering there was no PG, this was probably our best game of the season. Especially loved that defense, and not just because of all the blocked shots. This was the second game against them where Curry looked like a regular player. I wasn't as worried about Klay, he cooled off a bit eventually.

Nice to see Amir looking great in his first game with real minutes since forever. Going to give Ty something to think about once PG returns (hopefully soon).

All these guys seem bought in, I'm half expecting BBJ to score a 20 piece whenever he gets the call.

Harden was superb and Russ seems to have found the right balance between when to force the issue and when to give it up.

Norman Powell... I just love this guy. His constant movement and finishing ability are huge when we need a bucket, and he tries on defense, can't ask for much more.

It's getting tougher and tougher to hold off on being too excited until the month ends. Others might expect us to sweep December, but looking at our schedule, I think we'll be just fine even if we go 4-3. Keep playing like this in 2024 and the record will take care of itself.

A few weeks ago I was worried about many things regarding this team, now it's mostly just player health, but it wouldn't be a true Clippers fan experience without constant injury anxiety.

Enjoy it while you can. The vultures will be back soon enough.

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:38 am

Clemenza wrote:

Too many Clipper fans sell their season ticket seats to those megarich white boyz from SF who have business to do here in LA anyway. $1000 a ticket? So what? Write it off on my taxes. Take my LA clients to a game and get to see my GSWs too.

Warriors, Lakers, and Knicks will always have a nice handful of fans in pretty much every building across the league no matter what. I've even seen Laker fans take over a Bulls game in Chicago. The Warriors bandwagon is starting to die down and go back underground tho. Its only a matter of time

Just sayin'--GSW tickets are SO expensive that rich Dubs fans come down here and Tickets + plane fare + a hotel room is still cheaper.

Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles fans eat up tix in NY, WASH, even Baltimore. Even took over a Chargers game once.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:05 am

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

Just sayin'--GSW tickets are SO expensive that rich Dubs fans come down here and Tickets + plane fare + a hotel room is still cheaper.

Philadelphia Phillies and Eagles fans eat up tix in NY, WASH, even Baltimore. Even took over a Chargers game once.

Nah, its a lot of people from the Bay Area that live and work in LA. There's a lot of New Yorkers out here too. It happens as LA has a ton of transplants. But the Warriors fanbase/bandwagon is starting to die off so it'll be less of that going forward. I got friends in the Bay and alot of them were Lakers fans during the Warriors dark days pre Curry.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#49 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:11 am

Clemenza wrote:Harden and Kawhi.. brilliant! Zu, Coffey, and Norm.. stellar to great! Not to mention that this team is getting tough and hardnosed instead of soft and fragile. Russ had some moments and some not so good moments. Mann lost his shot again. He had everyone backing him at the start of the season but he better watch out minute wise if Coffey is ready to contribute like he did tonight.

Yeah, really.

Mann was minus-22. Ouch. 20 minutes, 2 points, 1-5 from the floor. I'm not giving up on Mann but minus-22 in a win ain't cutting it. He was 0-4 from 3.

Mr. DNP-CD Coffey was plus+5 with 18 points and hit 4-11 from 3. Coffey is 6'7", and lord knows we lack size. It's only one game but that would be WACK if Coffey elbowed his way over Mann in the rotation.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#50 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:16 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Warriors, Lakers, and Knicks will always have a nice handful of fans in pretty much every building across the league no matter what. I've even seen Laker fans take over a Bulls game in Chicago. The Warriors bandwagon is starting to die down and go back underground tho. Its only a matter of time

Nah, its a lot of people from the Bay Area that live and work in LA. There's a lot of New Yorkers out here too. It happens as LA has a ton of transplants. But the Warriors fanbase/bandwagon is starting to die off so it'll be less of that going forward. I got friends in the Bay and alot of them were Lakers fans during the Warriors dark days pre Curry.

No, I'm serious. I don't make sht up, bro. Steve Ballmer:

“We’re working on a Clippers season pass. You buy a season ticket, you sell it if you’re not going. I don’t like that. That’s how we get the other teams' fans. A season pass, like Netflix, you can share it with 3-4 people. You can’t sell that.”
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 942

Post#51 » by NickP » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:20 am

Wow. I was traveling and didn't check the scores until now. It's slowly beginning to take shape. Props to Ty for putting the Bru in the starting lineup and it paid off.
Still expecting some turbulence before it smooths off for the season.
Great win!
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,312

Lockdown James 

Post#52 » by Dynamix » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:20 am

Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Clemenza » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:45 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

“We’re working on a Clippers season pass. You buy a season ticket, you sell it if you’re not going. I don’t like that. That’s how we get the other teams' fans. A season pass, like Netflix, you can share it with 3-4 people. You can’t sell that.”

I get that, and he was talking in general. But it's not hard for a Bay Area native who lives in LA to circle the calendar for this game and get a ticket when the Warriors come to town. That's not a "Mission Impossible" suspend from the ceiling scenario like you're making it out to be. And guess what, there's going to be a nice sized group of Knicks fans in the building on Saturday night because there's a lot NYC natives living in LA and other large metro areas. And this is only a few fanbases -the Lakers, Knicks, and Warriors who pretty much do this with every arena in the league.

Read on Twitter
?t=hA1zBY_lEeh3rtETuGw8aQ&s=19
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,659

Re: Lockdown James 

Post#54 » by The High Cyde » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:17 pm

Dynamix wrote:

That **** was surreal to watch in real time lmao looked like glitches
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,848

Re: Lockdown James 

Post#55 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:07 pm

The High Cyde wrote:
Dynamix wrote:

That **** was surreal to watch in real time lmao looked like glitches

He had so many huge defensive plays down the stretch, it was unreal considering his reputation coming in. His physical skills have obviously declined the last few years, but he is one of the craftiest players in the league. He also makes the most of his size now to compensate for loss of quickness.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#56 » by ERClips » Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:31 pm

Solid win and everyone who played was important. Even though Mann didn’t produce in numbers I thought his individual defense was great as always. Sometimes that’s all we need from him is to attempt to lock up other teams best players. Kawhi played great defense too especially near the end.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#57 » by clipperlover » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:50 pm

Dynamix wrote:Norman Powell... I just love this guy. His constant movement and finishing ability are huge when we need a bucket, and he tries on defense, can't ask for much more.

I never understood why people wanted to ship him out so quickly earlier in the season. They guy isn't just a 3 pt chucker. He attacks and gets to the rim. He is just a guy that needs the ball in his hands. I don't find his contract bad for what he can produce.

The problem with this team has been Ty liking small ball lineups. Since Theis arrived, we are using more size than Ty has used previously. We are going to need size to make it through the West. No small ball team is going to win the West.

Coffey and Boston are both 6'6"and over. If they can work their way into this roster during the season, then Ty can get Kawhi and PG down to a better minutes per game level. Would rather see them not playing more the 35 minutes per night and us still winning.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#58 » by HardenGoat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:51 pm

Damn good win. Powell and Harden rose to the occasion. Kawhi is locked in. The defensive effort is telling. That shows the mentality of the team as a group. Love it!
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#59 » by clipperlover » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:47 pm

Maybe playing alongside Kawhi, PG and Zu has changed Harden's defensive effort. If Harden is bought into this team defensively, then we can stay at top of the NBA defensively. We are #5 in Opponents PPG and #6 in point differential. We are within 1 conference loss of everyone in the West except Minny.

We have 31 games remaining vs the West and 27 vs the East. By the end of December, we will have played at least 1 game against 5 of the top 8 teams in the East and everyone in the West except Minny and Phoenix. 17 games remaining against teams that currently have losing records (not counting the 3 games vs Memphis who will get Ja back soon).
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 792

Post#60 » by donemilio21 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:42 pm

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

I get that, and he was talking in general. But it's not hard for a Bay Area native who lives in LA to circle the calendar for this game and get a ticket when the Warriors come to town. That's not a "Mission Impossible" suspend from the ceiling scenario like you're making it out to be. And guess what, there's going to be a nice sized group of Knicks fans in the building on Saturday night because there's a lot NYC natives living in LA and other large metro areas. And this is only a few fanbases -the Lakers, Knicks, and Warriors who pretty much do this with every arena in the league.

Read on Twitter
?t=hA1zBY_lEeh3rtETuGw8aQ&s=19

That's always gonna be like that, unless you limit the visiting fans tickets in a similar fashion clubs in Europe do, where visiting team gets around 5% of tickets, sometimes 10%.
Problem is in the US, ticket resale is a huge business, and Clippers would certainly get sued if tried to do that. Ticketmaster probably makes $50 per resold ticket on average, between fees and commission. There must be at least 3000-4000 tickets exchanging hands each game. That's $8M of revenue annually just from Clippers for Ticketmaster while virtually doing nothing.
If Clippers were to do that successfully, they'd set a precedent for many other teams, particularly in MLS and NFL, put billion dollar business at risk for TM. They'll fight hard.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers