GAME #33: LAC (20-12) @ SUNS (18-15) WEDS 1/3—6 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 173

Re: GAME #33: LAC (20-12) @ SUNS (18-15) WEDS 1/3—6 PM 

Post#41 » by KingCrimzzon » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:02 am

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:The cream is slowly rising to the top.

It's all about continuity. Knowing what your teammate is going to do before he knows it himself.

Kawhi knows. But he's just not communicative. Harden is even more a basketball genius and HE'S been working with Zu and Powell and Theis and no doubt everybody else too.

CP3 is a basketball genius and I remember the Rockets marveling at CP and Beard masterminding tactics, talking hoop way over everybody else's head.

The failure of Lob City is yes, on the injuries, but IMO it's also on CP's head. He just didn't lead OFF the court like Beard is. And remember, after engineering CP's escape from Lob City to the Rockets, Beard had Morey DUMP Chris after only one year.

This stuff is such a delicate recipe. Philly is better without Harden; the Clippers are better with him. Chris is on his 3rd stop after leaving the Clips, and nothing to show for it.

Not really sure that is fair, the current squad is better top to bottom than any of the LOB City teams. I wonder what this team would have been like with CP3 instead of Harden. I think the Clips really needed a floor general and I have to admit that Harden is a much better facilitator than he probably gets credit for. It could also underscore how much 213 can't really assume that role that anyone with a good head on their shoulders could have elevated the team. On the point of not including teammates, CP3 did turn the DJs and Tyson Chandlers of the world into something. All that being said, I feel that Harden is the better choice for this Clip team because he's more of an offensive threat at this point in their careers.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#42 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:17 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

It's all about continuity. Knowing what your teammate is going to do before he knows it himself.

Kawhi knows. But he's just not communicative. Harden is even more a basketball genius and HE'S been working with Zu and Powell and Theis and no doubt everybody else too.

CP3 is a basketball genius and I remember the Rockets marveling at CP and Beard masterminding tactics, talking hoop way over everybody else's head.

The failure of Lob City is yes, on the injuries, but IMO it's also on CP's head. He just didn't lead OFF the court like Beard is. And remember, after engineering CP's escape from Lob City to the Rockets, Beard had Morey DUMP Chris after only one year.

This stuff is such a delicate recipe. Philly is better without Harden; the Clippers are better with him. Chris is on his 3rd stop after leaving the Clips, and nothing to show for it.

Having a nice-guy image with power grip in the Players Association by having personal connections to LeBron James doesn't always cut it. Paul has always been selfish in a passive "I-didn't-do-it-he-made-me-do-it" sort of way, especially when things never went according to his plan. Going to the Warriors and playing behind his arch nemesis Stephen Curry was a huge blow to his ego, but even that's not working. This is why I think Paul may seek a buyout and join the Lakers before his retirement: (1) the LeBron-as-his-savior narrative (2) rectifying the veto and (3) revenge on Clippers for ruining his Hall Of Fame legacy.

Clippers need to keep their enemies closer; at any point, Paul will execute an far greater escape than the legendary Harry Houdini mustered in his heyday. Outside of the Lakers, the Nuggets (drawing the greatest 3-1 collapse in NBA history), Celtics (0-2 vs. Boston when they were once the Buffalo Braves) and even the 76ers (payback for Harden's departure) are open into saving Paul's career. Everyone will focus solely on basketball and the match-ups because sports are not scripted, but don't underestimate the power of locker room material.

A Wammy Giveaway MASTER CLASS!

Well done, Alf. As a Sixers fan too, CP3 could actually put his fingerprints on a ring for a franchise that hasn't won one since 1983. It's a very good team happening there, but a REAL point guard could replace placeholder starter De'Anthony Melton instantly.

And for Chris to crawl to LeBron and the Lakers would be the biggest ring-chasing humiliation than anything he has ever done so far. Like George Bailey crawling to Mr. Potter.

NOBODY needs a ring that bad.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:59 am

KingCrimzzon wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Not really sure that is fair, the current squad is better top to bottom than any of the LOB City teams. I wonder what this team would have been like with CP3 instead of Harden. I think the Clips really needed a floor general and I have to admit that Harden is a much better facilitator than he probably gets credit for. It could also underscore how much 213 can't really assume that role that anyone with a good head on their shoulders could have elevated the team. On the point of not including teammates, CP3 did turn the DJs and Tyson Chandlers of the world into something. All that being said, I feel that Harden is the better choice for this Clip team because he's more of an offensive threat at this point in their careers.

I think you actually :wink: agree with me.

FTR--By declaring him part of Lob City's Big Three, it was Doc who made DJ an All-Star. First in his head, then in reality. Chris didn't make anybody better, IMO. All he did was piss people off with his attitude that he knew everything and they didn't. And frankly, he didn't have Beard's ability on the floor to score and rebound and take over a game.

Beard DUMPED Chris after only one year. A pretty damn good year but Chris got hurt [as usual]. I am a reluctant Beard fan, but damn, he's doing things now that Chris should've figured out 10 or 15 years ago.

I'll bet that their ex-teammates speak better about Beard than CP's do.

I was a YUGE Chris Paul fan--my #1 in all of sports at one point--when he was a Clipper because I loved his game, but dang, when you look back and listen back, everybody hated his guts. Does he have ONE Lob City teammate who props him?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#44 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Jan 4, 2024 9:08 am

playaloc916 wrote:Good win, PG came to play tonight. 5 players in double digits. You can really see the momentum building.

Pelicans will be tough, but this team has beat some good teams recently. Let's see how it goes.

I see PG's beef with Booker still continues. He brings it every night for him.

So how can we start another beef between PG vs. Jamal Murray, or Anthony Edwards or Shai?
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,517

Post#45 » by og15 » Thu Jan 4, 2024 3:29 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:Good win, PG came to play tonight. 5 players in double digits. You can really see the momentum building.

Pelicans will be tough, but this team has beat some good teams recently. Let's see how it goes.

I see PG's beef with Booker still continues. He brings it every night for him.

So how can we start another beef between PG vs. Jamal Murray, or Anthony Edwards or Shai?

The goal is to develop beef for him with all top perimeter players possibly on the Clippers path I see, I like it
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#46 » by PeteyPablo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:03 pm

Great win and performances. Would have been a luxury to win by 20 but a win is a win.

Looking at the team stats , both teams shot very well but LAC won the three point game 52% 18-35 vs 43% 15-35.

Suns seem to have a 10 point advantage for points off turnovers and I think that’s where they got back into the game.

Towards the end of game ( 4th quarter ) I noticed suns players were pushing off on many plays and it was obvious push offs with no foul calls. This may have been in response to PG13 slapping or pushing off earlier in the game.

It was a physical game and I’m glad Clippers are not soft.

Also noticed LAC had 4 technical fouls this game.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#47 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:29 pm

PeteyPablo wrote:It was a physical game and I’m glad Clippers are not soft.

Also noticed LAC had 4 technical fouls this game.

Wammy’s moment is almost here…
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#48 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Jan 4, 2024 4:34 pm

esqtvd wrote:
KingCrimzzon wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I think you actually :wink: agree with me.

FTR--By declaring him part of Lob City's Big Three, it was Doc who made DJ an All-Star. First in his head, then in reality. Chris didn't make anybody better, IMO. All he did was piss people off with his attitude that he knew everything and they didn't. And frankly, he didn't have Beard's ability on the floor to score and rebound and take over a game.

Beard DUMPED Chris after only one year. A pretty damn good year but Chris got hurt [as usual]. I am a reluctant Beard fan, but damn, he's doing things now that Chris should've figured out 10 or 15 years ago.

I'll bet that their ex-teammates speak better about Beard than CP's do.

I was a YUGE Chris Paul fan--my #1 in all of sports at one point--when he was a Clipper because I loved his game, but dang, when you look back and listen back, everybody hated his guts. Does he have ONE Lob City teammate who props him?

He always rubbed me the wrong way on the court, even as a Clipper but I was obviously still rooting for the Lob City teams. It’s not entirely his fault, but the personalities obviously didn’t mesh on that squad.

Chris Paul is a HOF’er but no ‘Point God’ IMO. If anyone gets that designation it would be Magic Johnson. Chris Paul is a joyless alpha, but no leader of men.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 534

Post#49 » by Kelphus » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:01 pm

Really great game. George and Mann owned the first quarter, that was fun to watch.

A little shocked to see Kawhi pick up the 5th tech of his career.

Game got chippy but Clips kept composure. Team looked great.

Nurkic and Zu stats looked lame until you watch the game - they negated eachother for the most part. Nurkic is a beast physically but I think he only really pushed Zu around twice in the paint.

Loved the contribution from the Big 4 (I can't leave out Russ).

I don't want to jinx it, but we now have 7th best record in NBA.. and rising

IF everybody stays healthy, could this be the season I've waited 26 years for?
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,292

Post#50 » by Clemenza » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:18 pm

Good win. Great game from PG and it was good to see Mann knock down a couple of three's. Team is looking solid from top to bottom. Get a win against the Pels on Friday night and I'll be happy!

And on another note for those thinking its just a Clipper thing:

Read on Twitter
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#51 » by clipperlover » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:46 pm

As of last night, Clips now control their own destiny to obtain the #1 seed (Thanks Atlanta).

Team just needs to keep grinding, hustling and playing D. Minny is 4-4 over their last 8 and are heading out on the road for a tough stretch that includes an @Orlando-@Boston back to back. OKC is now in an 11 Road games in 14 games stretch.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,123

Post#52 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:06 pm

clipperlover wrote:As of last night, Clips now control their own destiny to obtain the #1 seed (Thanks Atlanta).

They keep this up, Lue and his coaching staff will make the All-Star Game. Would be first time ever for Clippers. (They could even get a free All-Star add, allowing them to have three All-Stars!)

It would also feel very perfect. Only reason why Clippers got no. 1 was because they finally admitted they needed power, not parity, and they're about to leave the Staples/Crypto Arena for good, lifting the weight of their terrible past off their shoulders. Such a storybook start.

And, they still have zero ejections. That's counting the fact that last night, Clippers had three technical fouls called last night on Hyland, Westbrook and Leonard. They're in progress of matching two check marks I stipulated at the start of the season. Way to go.
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#53 » by PeteyPablo » Thu Jan 4, 2024 8:01 pm

I posted the all star voting results on the general board
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,123

*sad face* 

Post#54 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Jan 5, 2024 2:38 am

madmaxmedia wrote:Wammy’s moment is almost here…

You know that's never going to happen, right? A Clipper getting ejected has the exact same odds as winning a lottery jackpot. Leonard has never been ejected in his basketball career. The only Clippers who've ever been ejected since the institution of the Leonard-George pairing have been Williams, Morris, and Beverley - all three of whom have been gone via trade. The only mainstay with an ejection is Mann (vs. Thunder last season), which ended up getting rescinded, making it appear as if he never got tossed.

I'll never get to see the fabled ejection that will lead to the miracle resurrection. Wah... :waaa:

But, to turn this into something positive, already half of the league has at least one ejection (including the validated Chris Paul-Scott Foster beef). Last year, 24 teams had an ejection, with Clippers making the list as 21st. Imagine if the entire league had at least one ejection, with Clippers coming into the playoffs with a clean slate... A slate that could result in an NBA champion. As there is scarce evidence (some of which is blocked by subscription), I have a theory that no team in NBA history has ever won a title without at least a player or coach getting ejected from a game in the regular season. Since they are extremely elite at avoiding that (thanks to having Leonard and his Good Samaritan Spursian philosophies), they will at least check off that box.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,312

I'll just leave this here 

Post#55 » by Dynamix » Fri Jan 5, 2024 9:54 pm

Return to Los Angeles Clippers