ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #6: LAC (3-2) @ KNICKS (2-4) MON 11/6 4:30 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,953

Re: Game #6: LAC (3-2) @ KNICKS (2-4) MON 11/6 4:30 PM 

Post#61 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:34 am

clipperlover wrote:The medical staff is a joke. They are reporting "knee sprain". Look at the replay, his leg definitely bent unnaturally . If he didn't tear something, I would be very surprised.

These are the same people that caused Michael Porter Jr to tank in the draft. With all the money Ballmer spends on this team, I can't believe we haven't upgraded the medical staff.

In fairness, their REAL doctors wouldn't be traveling with the team. This is a preliminary look, quite possibly by Knicks doctors in attendance. I'm sure there will be further tests at a real hospital or clinic.

People like Jasen Powell, the head trainer, do NOT make substantive medical decisions. He has a bachelor's degree from Cal Poly Pomona like 30 years ago. He is not in charge of anything except taping ankles and checking the temperature in the hot tub.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#62 » by Ballings7 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:08 am

Weird game tonight. No one really got going, whereas you'd expect the energy at MSG + Harden debut, to be uplifting and loose.

Instead it was an ugly game where neither team did much.

wakelaunch1 wrote:A terribly constructed team with 4 former superstars who dont know how to play a role. They turned the ball over like crazy and were awful on the boards. Plumlee probably gone for a long time if not the whole season. This team gave away all their picks for this. PG is a terrible GM. And they were looking decent prior to the trade. i saw some hope. so many players dont make sense anymore.

If anyone can shift back and step up as needed, it'll be Kawhi , for the regular season.. he did this in San Antonio well from 2012 - 2016, while getting some touches offensively.

He's also the best spacing shooter on the team, and one of the best cutters on the team.

Has that kind of role been cut from Kawhi's mind? I don't think so.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#63 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:20 am

KL2 wrote:Might have to move Mann asap for a big.

Read on Twitter

Yah, we got killed on the boards, 48-31, which resulted in 15 more FGAs for the Knicks. All things being equal [and the shooting percentages and TOs more or less were], that's enough for the win.

Zubac got killed by Robinson, 15-to-7. Although a team-worst minus-18 [along with Harden], Zu's numbers have been otherwise good, though he seems to me strangely out of sync with the others this year, and not really sparking as much as drudging along.

But what I found most alarming tonight was AGAIN the appearance of going through the motions by KL and PG--energy and enthusiasm are what Mann brings most, and why I was joking about "Miss Me Yet?"

He WAS missed. Bones and Russ bring the enthusiasm but also combined for 8 assists but 7 turnovers. Their enthusiasm comes at a high price. T-Mann is at least more cost-efficient.

I'd like a real PF but what was REALLY missing tonight the most was FUN. Too serious, too workmanlike, too much looking over your shoulder at Jiminy Cricket telling you to do this but don't do that.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 790

Post#64 » by donemilio21 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:44 am

Zubac was playing as if he was 6'5" tonight.
Just subscribed to league pass and this garbage was the first game I got.
Harden looked fine. I particularly liked that he refrained from shooting or trying an ISO play early one. I think his first shot wasn't until the 2nd?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#65 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:51 am

donemilio21 wrote:Zubac was playing as if he was 6'5" tonight.
Harden looked fine. I particularly liked that he refrained from shooting or trying an ISO play early one. I think his first shot wasn't until the 2nd?

I agree- Zubac has actually looked subpar on offense for most of the first 6 games and his rebounding really needs to improve.

Harden looked very good on offense. His defense was suspect toward the end but hopefully that was related to fatigue as he didn't even play in the pre-season
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,276

Post#66 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:09 am

Read on Twitter

Remember all that talk over the summer about taking the regular season more seriously? LOL.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#67 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:15 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I agree- Zubac has actually looked subpar on offense for most of the first 6 games and his rebounding really needs to improve.

Harden looked very good on offense. His defense was suspect toward the end but hopefully that was related to fatigue as he didn't even play in the pre-season

Yes, Harden's first shot was in the 2nd quarter. Noted in the game thread.

On defense, I think he needs to be given a job, an assignment in the team concept of defense. Don't ask him to go looking for trouble, lol.

Zu, I'm just hoping that his brain is a little blown here too. He's not an instinctual player. He needs to be given a job under the team concept too. Don't tell him to go roving around looking for something to block. That's Olajuwon. Mutombo. Tell Zu to stand THERE and move over to HERE if that guy goes over THERE.

Now, a prime Serge Ibaka would be perfect here. Mobile, smart, can hit the 3. Maybe 15 ppg, 8 rebs, 1.5 blocks, can hit the 3?

You could maybe win a championship with a guy like that.

Oh wait. Kawhi already did. His name was Serge Ibaka. ;-)
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#68 » by KL2 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:28 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Remember all that talk over the summer about taking the regular season more seriously? LOL.

Lue can you know what with this 10 game sample stuff. It hasn’t worked yet. :noway:
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

Post#69 » by LamarWho » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:30 am

Available 2023 NBA Free Agents
Centers

Khem Birch (31)
Tony Bradley (25)
DeMarcus Cousins (33)
Dewayne Dedmon (34)
Gorgui Dieng (33)
Derrick Favors (32)
Taj Gibson (38)
Montrezl Harrell (29)
Kai Jones (22)
Meyers Leonard (31)
Nerlens Noel (29)
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (23)
=================================================================

I wouldn't mind bringing in a defensive minded big like Nerlens Noel, who's not too old and washed.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#70 » by nickhx2 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:34 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

mostly agree yeah. he looked good on offense, while otherwise being very harden-ish on defense. it felt like that was fairly apparent even in the first with guys kinda being out of position, and it got dicier as the game went on. hopefully related to fatigue but more than likely related to him just being james harden lol
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#71 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:34 am

Read on Twitter

LOL. Because our season DID start tonight? With less than a week of "camp" with Harden? Duh.

Because almost half the projected Clippers rotation who started the season here were playing for Philly tonight you mean? :lol:

Sixers 146 Wiz 128

Batum--17 minutes, 11 points, 2 rebs, 0 assists, plus+30 [TEAM HIGH]
    RoCo 4 minutes of garbage time
    Mook: 6 minutes of garbage time
    K Martin 4 minutes of garbage time

sounds about right

About the same as if they were still here. How interesting...

Basically the only useful player for THIS year Morey got was Batum. [It was either him or Mann.] We got Harden.

The rest is talk.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,573

Post#72 » by HardenGoat » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:57 am

These are seasoned NBA stars, this was their first game together. This was Hardens first game of the season. I would hold judgement until at least 20 games are tallied. Sucks losing Plumlee. Hope it’s not a tear. :nonono: I saw a flash of what Zubac and Harden will eventually develop on the pick n roll. The shooting was terrible and turnovers led to easy Knick buckets. That will certainly improve.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,377

Post#73 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:01 am

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

On defense, I think he needs to be given a job, an assignment in the team concept of defense. Don't ask him to go looking for trouble, lol.

Zu, I'm just hoping that his brain is a little blown here too. He's not an instinctual player. He needs to be given a job under the team concept too. Don't tell him to go roving around looking for something to block. That's Olajuwon. Mutombo. Tell Zu to stand THERE and move over to HERE if that guy goes over THERE.

Now, a prime Serge Ibaka would be perfect here. Mobile, smart, can hit the 3. Maybe 15 ppg, 8 rebs, 1.5 blocks, can hit the 3?

That's what I've been saying Serge a few years back would've been perfect. Zu idk he seems out of it I think he's a bad fit with the starters imo not that we have much choice. He seems just there and confused. Hopefully it improves but it was unacceptable watching him get bullied at the rim and having players like Divincenzo outrebound him on effort alone. I honestly feel old ass Dwight Howard would've done better tonight. No I'm not saying to sign him lol
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#74 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:51 am

HardenGoat wrote:These are seasoned NBA stars, this was their first game together. This was Hardens first game of the season. I would hold judgement until at least 20 games are tallied. Sucks losing Plumlee. Hope it’s not a tear. :nonono: I saw a flash of what Zubac and Harden will eventually develop on the pick n roll. The shooting was terrible and turnovers led to easy Knick buckets. That will certainly improve.

Thank you for actually watching tonight's game and knowing something about NBA basketball.

Welcome.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#75 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Nov 7, 2023 7:07 am

I'm happy to see Harden in a game shape. All our stars looks fit and healthy. Something we couldn't have for the last 4 years.

I'll save my comments for now for the rest of it.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,993

Re: FATALITY! 

Post#76 » by Stanford » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:05 am

esqtvd wrote:I think it was a joke.

Yeah, Doc sucks. **** Doc.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,276

Post#77 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:12 pm

esqtvd wrote:LOL. Because our season DID start tonight? With less than a week of "camp" with Harden? Duh.

"Season starts tonight"
"Give it time"
"It's only been x games"

We've been hearing all these same excuses for the whole 213 era and the problems remain the same.

This "ten-game sample size" BS is just an excuse by Lue to dodge accountability. Same thing with Frank trading half the team away every season and loading the roster up with injury-prone geriatrics. He can play the "new team needs to gel" card throughout the regular season and then blame health when our stars are once again watching the playoffs from the bench.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,514

Post#78 » by og15 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:20 pm

Robinson was credited with 9 offensive rebounds. His first two were tips that he didn't even have any control of and the Clippers ended up getting the rebound, Plumee was on the floor. (2)

He had a putback off a pick and roll drive by Brunson, Plumlee was chasing Brunson, Westbrook should have had the body on Robinson. (3)

He then got good position vs Zubac off the roll and was credited 2 in the same possession, both from tips (actually tipped 3 times) and the final one was a dunk. (5)

Next one is a tip away from the basket where the Clippers recovered the ball, ran in transition and scored, not sure why that was credited as an offensive rebound for him. (6)

Next time, Zubac is in pick and roll defense. Robinson rolls behind him, Kawhi is low man, picks up Robinson, he tries to box out, and Harden tries to help him gang rebound, but Robinson wins (7)

Next one Zubac has position, Robinson technically commits a loose ball foul (two hand push in the back of Zubac as he's about to go up for the rebound) and he gets the rebound and a put back and 1. (8)

Last one was at the end of the game with the bench guys in, got it over Kobe with like 30 seconds. (9)

So while it looks like Robinson dominated Zubac on the glass or something based on the stats and our limited memories of specifics in the game, Zubac barely had anything to do with the offensive rebounds Robinson got.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,510

Post#79 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:30 pm

LamarWho wrote:Available 2023 NBA Free Agents
Centers

Khem Birch (31)
Tony Bradley (25)
DeMarcus Cousins (33)
Dewayne Dedmon (34)
Gorgui Dieng (33)
Derrick Favors (32)
Taj Gibson (38)
Montrezl Harrell (29)
Kai Jones (22)
Meyers Leonard (31)
Nerlens Noel (29)
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (23)
=================================================================

I wouldn't mind bringing in a defensive minded big like Nerlens Noel, who's not too old and washed.

They should also look into Blake Griffin- not just for sentimentality sake but he is strong and likely could still catch some lob passes from Harden
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,514

Post#80 » by og15 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:19 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I agree- Zubac has actually looked subpar on offense for most of the first 6 games and his rebounding really needs to improve.

That's what I've been saying Serge a few years back would've been perfect. Zu idk he seems out of it I think he's a bad fit with the starters imo not that we have much choice. He seems just there and confused. Hopefully it improves but it was unacceptable watching him get bullied at the rim and having players like Divincenzo outrebound him on effort alone. I honestly feel old ass Dwight Howard would've done better tonight. No I'm not saying to sign him lol

When did this happen though? I just went through all of Robinson's rebounds, you can check that out.

Randle had two offensive rebounds. First one, Plumlee had Robinson sealed, PG didn't get a body on Randle and he ran right down the middle and got it. Second one was because Zu blocked him, and he recovered his own shot as the block came right back to him.

Divencenzo had one by recovering a Zubac block 17 feet from the basket on the baseline, had nothing to do with Zu or lack of effort. He got a second because Harden was ball watching after the shot and didn't get a body on his man, and he snuck behind.

Hartenstein got his two tips in the same possession, Plumlee was on the court helping on the guard driving which means the smalls have to go box out. Bones was the one in position, and well he tried to box out lol

Zubac was not the problem when it came to the Knicks offensive rebounds. I had to go watch all these clips again, because from watching the game I didn't see this, so I was wondering where these conclusions were coming from.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers