ImageImageImageImageImage

Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood (UPDATE: And A New Logo To Go With It)

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

WC NBA Fan
Junior
And1: 187

Re: Clippers Might Relocate... To Inglewood 

Post#81 » by WC NBA Fan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:20 am

WC NBA Fan
Junior

Post#82 » by WC NBA Fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:47 pm

;feature=youtu.be&t=12m57s
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Another Lawsuit Filed 

Post#83 » by Ranma » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
WC NBA Fan
Junior

Post#84 » by WC NBA Fan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 am

Inglewood mayor James T. Butts has said on a few occasions that the proposed arena site isn't suitable for housing being that it's in
the LAX flight path. The plaintiffs say that they haven't seen that documentation. I'm guessing Butts isn't making this up & has the proper documentation to prove that housing can't be built there.

OTOH, Inglewood is due for a certain amount of affordable housing units. It's possible that Ballmer could build a cheap housing complex somewhere else in exchange for the group dropping their lawsuit & thus expediting the process.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#85 » by QRich3 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:03 am

How likely is it that it's the MSG lobby again behind that lawsuit?
WC NBA Fan
Junior

Post#86 » by WC NBA Fan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:41 pm

QRich3 wrote:How likely is it that it's the MSG lobby again behind that lawsuit?

Very possible. They have a separate lawsuit saying that Butts duped them out of the land where the proposed arena is but I could see them funding separate lawsuits on behalf of other community organizations.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#87 » by esqtvd » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Ballmer is not greasing the right palms in LA. This is all machine politics.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,292

Post#88 » by Clemenza » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm

esqtvd wrote:Ballmer is not greasing the right palms in LA. This is all machine politics.

Its a tough move that he's got to fight for. Its very rare to build a new arena that has to compete with another major arena and concert venue which is about five blocks away and owned by Madison Square Garden. And he has to get out of his lease with his current arena
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#89 » by Akklaim1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:51 pm

**** Laker fans
Ranma
RealGM

Ballmer Better Be Calling Elon 

Post#90 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:09 pm

I'd love for the Boring Company to work on connecting tunnels to the the Rams and Clippers' stadium projects in Inglewood next.

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#91 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Ballmer is not greasing the right palms in LA. This is all machine politics.

Its a tough move that he's got to fight for. Its very rare to build a new arena that has to compete with another major arena and concert venue which is about five blocks away and owned by Madison Square Garden. And he has to get out of his lease with his current arena

I'd love to see who's paying the opposition's legal bills.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Re: Ballmer Better Be Calling Elon 

Post#92 » by wco81 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am

Ranma wrote:I'd love for the Boring Company to work on connecting tunnels to the the Rams and Clippers' stadium projects in Inglewood next.

Read on Twitter

Someone claimed if they built a pedestrian path between downtown and Dodgers Stadium, people could walk it in 15minutes.

Musk has a tendency to think of over engineered ideas to problems for which there are simpler solutions.

Those pods can only move 8-16 people at a time supposedly.
Ranma
RealGM

Clippers' Arena Project Gets Legislative Approval 

Post#93 » by Ranma » Sat Sep 1, 2018 2:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

WC NBA Fan
Junior

Post#94 » by WC NBA Fan » Sat Sep 1, 2018 4:40 pm

This is pretty big. This means that any lawsuits that are filed against the EIR have to be settled within 8 months of the time that they're filed or something along those lines.

So this is my timeline. EIR is due to be done by the summer of 2019.

You give them a year to deal with the EIR lawsuits & other red tape.

You then need 2 years for construction.

That means that the arena can be up and running as soon as 2022, a full 2 years before the end of the Staples lease. I know that Ballmer keeps saying 2024 but that's for legal purposes being that he's bound by the lease until 2024. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. AEG is about making money. If they make roughly $10 million a year on the Clippers & Ballmer can make an extra $20 million a year by being in his own arena & out of the lease, common sense tells us that they will just meet at a number in the middle, multiply it by 2 years then terminate the lease via a buyout. With my $10 & $20 million numbers, that tells me that you meet at $15 million then multiply it by 2. Ballmer should be able to buyout the lease at $30 million.
wco81
RealGM

Post#95 » by wco81 » Sat Sep 1, 2018 6:21 pm

New arena means higher revenues potential for the team with PSLs and generally higher ticket and concessions.

Owners who aren't as rich as Ballmer needs new arenas, especially if the current arena is old. That is the case with the Warriors. Their owners don't have deep pockets and they see the new arena not only for higher basketball revenues but non sporting events such as concerts.

I would assume the concern venue market in LA is very competitive though.
Ranma
RealGM

Project Map 

Post#96 » by Ranma » Sun Sep 2, 2018 3:23 am

WC NBA Fan wrote:http://clippersarenainglewood.com/

Literally across the street from the Rams' stadium project and on the opposite side of the Forum.

Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#97 » by Akklaim1 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 8:34 am

I'm starting to hate Staples Center more and more as a Clipper fan. We shouldn't be playing home games in an arena surrpunded by statues of our rivals, man.
WC NBA Fan
Junior

Post#98 » by WC NBA Fan » Mon Sep 3, 2018 5:11 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:I'm starting to hate Staples Center more and more as a Clipper fan. We shouldn't be playing home games in an arena surrpunded by statues of our rivals, man.

Yep. This is what I've been saying from Day 1 of when they announced that they would be playing at Staples. They didn't have the statues then but they had the banners & retired numbers then eventually named the Metro stop after Chick Hearne as well as that stretch of 11th street in front of Staples Center. And of course the statues followed.

I conned myself into thinking that I would eventually get used to it but 20 years later, I still haven't. Staples is an arena much better suited for Hockey and other elements were situated to fit the Lakers, meaning Star plaza for their statues and the tilted roof so that they could create a wall for their banners. DTS should've went though with his original Hollywood park plan which ironically was going to be smack dab between where the Football stadium is and where Ballmer's project is.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#99 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 3, 2018 5:26 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:I'm starting to hate Staples Center more and more as a Clipper fan. We shouldn't be playing home games in an arena surrpunded by statues of our rivals, man.

Agreed. The more I hear about this, the less I want anything to do with Staples and the more anxious I am to get into our own home.

I also like that Ballmer is talking about the dynamics of the venue and how to make it more of an arena like OKC than the concert stadium Staples Center is.

You put a winner in there with a ridiculous HCA in the middle of Los Angeles...rewrites the narrative of the Clippers...their fans instantly.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
wco81
RealGM

Post#100 » by wco81 » Mon Sep 3, 2018 5:34 pm

Is it worth paying PSLs to get season tickets?

Probably higher parking and concessions?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers