ImageImageImageImageImage

Bones Hyland

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Bones Hyland 

Post#1 » by theman » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:19 pm

Prior to he Harden trade he was averaging 13.6 pts. 1.2 rbs, 2.6 asts on very good percentages 46.4% 41.9 75.0% playing behind three super stars. Now he can't get on the floor.

Why no love?

And can I add the team is 2-5 since the trade? (3-2 prior to it).
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,536

Re: Bones Hyland 

Post#2 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:24 pm

Powell is playing better, so the only player I can really think of him playing over is Westbrook and Westbrook already made the sacrifice in requesting to come off the bench. Unless either of the 2 (Powell or Westbrook) gets traded or injured, Hyland is unlikely to play much. Just the cruel truth. I think he might be more effective than Westbrook is some circumstances as he is very good shooter, but is still a subpar defender in that he weighs like 150 pounds
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 753

Post#3 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:23 am

theman wrote:Prior to he Harden trade he was averaging 13.6 pts. 1.2 rbs, 2.6 asts on very good percentages 46.4% 41.9 75.0% playing behind three super stars. Now he can't get on the floor.

Why no love?

And can I add the team is 2-5 since the trade? (3-2 prior to it).

There were never much love with Hyland tbh. When we traded for him, we still go get Eric Gordon. And immediately sign with Russ when bought out. He waited on bench long time untill very end of the last season.

Summer 2023, we release Gordon for tax reasons. But we know there will be reinforcements. All summer we have linked to Brogdon, Holiday and Harden. Got Harden. All were suppose to eat Hyland's role anyway.

But final draw? We got Josh Primo on 2way deal and then turned him to a guaranteed 2 year deal. A guy from same draft class that out of the league already, While on their rookie seasons, Primo wasn't impressive than Hyland who performed better on a championship level team. Yeah Primo got kicked because of his shameful behaviours not basketball future but how would you feel if you were Bones Hyland.

I'm definitely waiting a trade to happen. I'd guess probably attached to PJ Tucker's contract to make him more tradable.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#4 » by ERClips » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:04 pm

He’s also our point guard insurance in case of injuries to Russ or Harden or resting. He’s ahead of Primo
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,864

Post#5 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:51 pm

Captain Ballmer wrote:I'm definitely waiting a trade to happen. I'd guess probably attached to PJ Tucker's contract to make him more tradable.

Bones was definitely in the rotation the first few games until we got Harden, but is now unfortunately the odd man out as the 3rd point guard. He can move over, but only in certain situations due to his slight build. Actually, he probably best teams up with Harden who is pretty big and not the one you want guarding opponent point guards.

I am guessing our FO's first choice is to move Powell, but if we can't find a reasonable deal then yeah Bones plus Tucker's contract can yield us something. If nothing else the first few games were a good showcase for Bones as a developing player still on the rise. If he just works on his defense and keeps his shooting arm warm, he'll be just fine no matter what and will get a nice contract after his rookie deal ends.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,442

Post#6 » by TrueLAfan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:19 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:I'm definitely waiting a trade to happen. I'd guess probably attached to PJ Tucker's contract to make him more tradable.

Bones was definitely in the rotation the first few games until we got Harden, but is now unfortunately the odd man out as the 3rd point guard. He can move over, but only in certain situations due to his slight build. Actually, he probably best teams up with Harden who is pretty big and not the one you want guarding opponent point guards.

I am guessing our FO's first choice is to move Powell, but if we can't find a reasonable deal then yeah Bones plus Tucker's contract can yield us something. If nothing else the first few games were a good showcase for Bones as a developing player still on the rise. If he just works on his defense and keeps his shooting arm warm, he'll be just fine no matter what and will get a nice contract after his rookie deal ends.

This. You also gotta figure in that Harden has averaged less than 60 games the past four seasons. Even RW doesn't miss a game, or many, there's gonna likely 15-20 games where Bones will play 20-25 mpg. If Powell gets traded, Bones will play 15-20 most games and 25+ when Harden is out. Big if, though. There's some minutes there--just not really enough. Bones has earned more.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#7 » by Vae Victus » Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:48 am

Trade for what, is the question?

Clips need a stretch big who can credibly play the 5. Theis is a nice stopgap option, but the Clips need a Dedmon or Biyombo type of big who can force defenses to stretch out for them and still some defensive size.
wakelaunch1
Pro Prospect
And1: 403

Post#8 » by wakelaunch1 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:40 pm

I mentioned in another thread Powell for Jonathan Issac. If we need to throw in Bj Boston as well. We just have too many wings.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,595

Post#9 » by og15 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:44 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Trade for what, is the question?

Clips need a stretch big who can credibly play the 5. Theis is a nice stopgap option, but the Clips need a Dedmon or Biyombo type of big who can force defenses to stretch out for them and still some defensive size.

Dedmon is not particularly good at this stage, he's 34 and inferior to Theis. If the Clippers really wanted him they could have grabbed him, and he's currently on the Ontario Clippers.

Biyombo was a FA before Memphis signed him due to injury, but since when did Biyombo stretch any defense? Biyombo has range out to his 5 foot flip hook lol
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#10 » by og15 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:53 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:I mentioned in another thread Powell for Jonathan Issac. If we need to throw in Bj Boston as well. We just have too many wings.
Orlando has too many young guards needing minutes, Anthony, Suggs, Fultz, Black and then Harris is the older guy.

Regardless, cap wise this trade supposedly doesn't work anyways, and would have to be a whole complicated ordeal to make it work. So we might as well can this one as an option even if the Magic somehow were interested.
wakelaunch1
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by wakelaunch1 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:14 pm

og15 wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:I mentioned in another thread Powell for Jonathan Issac. If we need to throw in Bj Boston as well. We just have too many wings.
Orlando has too many young guards needing minutes, Anthony, Suggs, Fultz, Black and then Harris is the older guy.

Regardless, cap wise this trade supposedly doesn't work anyways, and would have to be a whole complicated ordeal to make it work. So we might as well can this one as an option even if the Magic somehow were interested.

I think the ESPN one is messed up. It works on another one. Their salaries match and no protections on either player.

I understand your point with Orlando though.

https://fanspo.com/nba/trade-machine
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#12 » by og15 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 pm

wakelaunch1 wrote:
og15 wrote:

I think the ESPN one is messed up. It works on another one. Their salaries match and no protections on either player.

Did Isaac get some type of extension that makes his salary counts as a different amount for trade purposes? I didn't look that deeply into it, maybe it is something like that.
wakelaunch1
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by wakelaunch1 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:28 pm

og15 wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:
og15 wrote: Orlando has too many young guards needing minutes, Anthony, Suggs, Fultz, Black and then Harris is the older guy.

Did Isaac get some type of extension that makes his salary counts as a different amount for trade purposes? I didn't look that deeply into it, maybe it is something like that.

I cant find anything

What about a Jarret Allen for Powell, boston?

PJ Washington works by December 15th, Gallonari is another one. I havent watched any wizards games but he is averaging 15 mins off the bench.

Finney Smith on brooklyn also works
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#14 » by ERClips » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:40 am

:banghead: None of this is gonna happen anytime soon anyway. Things are looking better for us and gotta see how we play as the team is now.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#15 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:32 am

wakelaunch1 wrote:
og15 wrote:
wakelaunch1 wrote:

I cant find anything

What about a Jarret Allen for Powell, boston?

PJ Washington works by December 15th, Gallonari is another one. I havent watched any wizards games but he is averaging 15 mins off the bench.

Finney Smith on brooklyn also works

I liked Gallo when he was on the Clippers, but he is 35 now and even more injury prone
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,783

Post#16 » by KL2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:47 am

It’s such a shame. The guy was balling and he got kicked to the back of the bus so fast. It makes you wonder how much longer he’s going to be on the bus even? I don’t care what Lue is telling him in those stay ready conversations he’s not sniffing the court unless we have a rash of injuries. I’m surprised he’s allowed on the court to warm up before games.

He was done dirty no matter how you want to spin it.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#17 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:35 pm

KL2 wrote:It’s such a shame. The guy was balling and he got kicked to the back of the bus so fast. It makes you wonder how much longer he’s going to be on the bus even? I don’t care what Lue is telling him in those stay ready conversations he’s not sniffing the court unless we have a rash of injuries. I’m surprised he’s allowed on the court to warm up before games.

He was done dirty no matter how you want to spin it.

if Westbrook keeps playing like he did last night, I think Bones has to start playing over him.

If Westbrook doesn't like it, just trade or waive him. He can't even make a lay up or dunk
Wammy Giveaway
Veteran
And1: 1,134

The Consequences Of Power 

Post#18 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:09 pm

Thanks to the Clipper's desire of a Fantastic 4, chemistry has been ruined.

Read on Twitter

There are now growing rumors that Clippers may consider trading Hyland.

See what power does to your head? You forget about the youth, the rookies, the development, the backup rebuild plan. Thankfully, they still have Mann, Zubac and Coffey.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,971

Re: The Consequences Of Power 

Post#19 » by esqtvd » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:49 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:Thanks to the Clipper's desire of a Fantastic 4, chemistry has been ruined.

Read on Twitter

There are now growing rumors that Clippers may consider trading Hyland.

See what power does to your head? You forget about the youth, the rookies, the development, the backup rebuild plan. Thankfully, they still have Mann, Zubac and Coffey.

Bones is a big part of Plan B. The only real prospect under 25. Mann and Zu will be 27 next year--solid NBAers but not star material.

Bones is entering his 3rd NBA season and is actually 9 months younger than Kobe Brown!
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,442

Re: The Consequences Of Power 

Post#20 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:51 pm

esqtvd wrote:Bones is a big part of Plan B. The only real prospect under 25. Mann and Zu will be 27 next year--solid NBAers but not star material.

Bones is entering his 3rd NBA season and is actually 9 months younger than Kobe Brown!

Well -- the problem/question I have with this was crystallized last night. We scored 8 points in the fourth quarter. Lue was moving guys in our top 8 in and out, trying to find a fit. I can understand why Diabate, Brown, etc. didn't get run--they aren't scorers or creators. They've got no real experience at the NBA level.

But Bones is and has. Harden played 8 minutes in the 4th last night and was, literally, a zero. Zeros across the board except for 2 turnovers. If there was ever a time for Bones Hyland, that was it--desperately needing scoring with PG having a miserable game, and Harden completely invisible. If we don't have a trade in the works for Bones right now, we should have played him.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers