ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME #35: LAC (22-12) @ LAKERS (17-19) SUN 1/7—6:30 PM

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

Re: GAME #35: LAC (22-12) @ LAKERS (17-19) SUN 1/7—6:30 PM 

Post#61 » by LamarWho » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:15 am

Our big 3 were meh tonight. Rare off game for Kawhi, I'll give him a pass. PG was OK, but chocked at the end trying to go 1v1 against AD. Harden was bad on TOs tonight. Zu was a monster tonight, dominated the glass.

I thought DLo was the key difference for them tonight. He started poorly but gave them a great lift in the 3rd. Lakers lack 3pt shooting and DLo can definitely help with that.
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#62 » by jengmann3 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:20 am

Just have to get it out. 4 Hall of famers. All struggled in their career a bit to get past LeBron. I don't get how the lackadaisical approach. I guess Bron is really that great but I don't get how it sits well with them that he outperformed them for the second time this season.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#63 » by ERClips » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:42 am

Tough game to watch. Hate losing to the Lakers. More because of their fans than the team.

Had no rhythm. Pretty much everyone was off. But can’t win them all. With all the easy shots we missed this woulda been a victory. We played bad and they barely won.

Can’t let that punk Booker get one tomorrow
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,311

Post#64 » by Dynamix » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:54 am

For the past day or so I witnessed the biggest reverse jinx effort ever assembled by a fanbase ("oh, please blow us out so we can get rid of Ham"), and it unfortunately worked.

Kept trying to shake my bad feeling about this game and couldn't do it. Ty chilling with LeBron at his birthday party definitely didn't help.

The minutes restriction for Kawhi in the clutch is something I never want to see again.

Not going to make a huge tragedy out of every single loss, especially after the team has been on a roll, but they better come out razor sharp tomorrow, against another struggling opponent that's going to leave it all on the floor.

But to end on a somewhat positive note, we played incredibly sloppy and still almost forced OT. Really wanted that shot to go down for Norm, hopefully he won't beat himself up about it too much.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,224

Post#65 » by Max Headrom » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:58 am

The refs blatantly letting LeBron get away with a take foul in a close game is a gotdamn joke
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#66 » by Clemenza » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:11 am

Harden, Kawhi, and Russ were bad. PG was good until the end and how many shots did Mann and Coffey pass up tonight? That is unacceptable. And if Kawhi is on a minutes restriction, then why didn't he simply come into the game later in the 4th so he could finish the game? And they brought him back anyway. A birthday gift to LeBron from Lue and the refs.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,020

Post#67 » by clipperlover » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:21 am

Definitely played down to the competition. Maybe it was strategic. You let the Lakers keep things close, they think they can compete and they don't fire Ham. Plus, Lakers still sitting in the play-in range. Now, the team needs to come out and smack down the Suns to ensure we win 1 of these 2.

Team was lethargic and disinterested the entire game. The only time they appeared to give maximum effort was when they went down 10. They were back to within 1 in a blink of an eye. They just never properly executed to get the lead again.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,275

Post#68 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:16 pm

clipperlover wrote:You let the Lakers keep things close, they think they can compete and they don't fire Ham.

Where's the upside in that for us? Ham is a better coach than Lue and already matched our best playoff result in this era last year with a team that had no business making any run.
ERClips
Junior
And1: 338

Post#69 » by ERClips » Mon Jan 8, 2024 2:40 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
clipperlover wrote:You let the Lakers keep things close, they think they can compete and they don't fire Ham.

Where's the upside in that for us? Ham is a better coach than Lue and already matched our best playoff result in this era last year with a team that had no business making any run.

Ham is not a better coach than Lue. Drop that already
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#70 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:07 pm

jengmann3 wrote:Just have to get it out. 4 Hall of famers. All struggled in their career a bit to get past LeBron. I don't get how the lackadaisical approach. I guess Bron is really that great but I don't get how it sits well with them that he outperformed them for the second time this season.

At the end of the day, I care a lot less that we lost to the Lakers than I do that we lost a very winnable game and what that impact has in the standings (now and later.) I think for a few years the Clippers got up for these games a lot more than the Lakers, and enjoyed kicking them while they were down. I think it's shifted the other way a bit, that's not an excuse but again the main thing is we lost a very winnable game. We're 22-13 and still in 4th though, so on to the next.

Dynamix wrote:For the past day or so I witnessed the biggest reverse jinx effort ever assembled by a fanbase ("oh, please blow us out so we can get rid of Ham"), and it unfortunately worked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dynamix wrote:Kept trying to shake my bad feeling about this game and couldn't do it. Ty chilling with LeBron at his birthday party definitely didn't help.

Before the game I thought we'd have it in hand, but as I posted my fear was that if we let them hang around they'd start believing and playing hard. I wanted to be up by 20 at half so Lebron would decide to save the effort of really attempting a comeback. It's not a slight on Lebron, just that he's old and the team is thin and needs to pick its spots.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#71 » by nickhx2 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:00 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
jengmann3 wrote:Just have to get it out. 4 Hall of famers. All struggled in their career a bit to get past LeBron. I don't get how the lackadaisical approach. I guess Bron is really that great but I don't get how it sits well with them that he outperformed them for the second time this season.

At the end of the day, I care a lot less that we lost to the Lakers than I do that we lost a very winnable game and what that impact has in the standings (now and later.) I think for a few years the Clippers got up for these games a lot more than the Lakers, and enjoyed kicking them while they were down. I think it's shifted the other way a bit, that's not an excuse but again the main thing is we lost a very winnable game. We're 22-13 and still in 4th though, so on to the next.

Dynamix wrote:For the past day or so I witnessed the biggest reverse jinx effort ever assembled by a fanbase ("oh, please blow us out so we can get rid of Ham"), and it unfortunately worked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dynamix wrote:Kept trying to shake my bad feeling about this game and couldn't do it. Ty chilling with LeBron at his birthday party definitely didn't help.

Before the game I thought we'd have it in hand, but as I posted my fear was that if we let them hang around they'd start believing and playing hard. I wanted to be up by 20 at half so Lebron would decide to save the effort of really attempting a comeback. It's not a slight on Lebron, just that he's old and the team is thin and needs to pick its spots.

i agree with most of all these things

honestly it didn't bug me cause it was losing to the lakers, i mean they're tripe in the long run so whatever. the added bonus of lakers being cursed with ham is kinda hilarious (i mean if indeed he is as bad as laker fans make him out to be, i'm no professional coach evaluator so i don't know).

but giving up a winnable game is not good. that said, this is a team that has found some solid growth in the aftermath of bad games, and i expect this outcome off the heels of this loss, regardless.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#72 » by Ballings7 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 11:31 pm

Not surprised at the loss.. but have to bounce back with a nice stretch of games, next 3-4..

Lakers were due, but Clips weren't up to it this game.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Los Angeles Clippers