ImageImageImageImageImage

An early summer 2024 thread

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,548

Re: An early summer 2024 thread 

Post#101 » by JustBuzzin » Mon May 6, 2024 5:44 pm

PG for Miles Bridges sign n trade thoughts?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,505

Post#102 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon May 6, 2024 5:48 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:PG for Miles Bridges sign n trade thoughts?

do we really want to cheer for a guy who assaults women?
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,548

Post#103 » by JustBuzzin » Mon May 6, 2024 5:50 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:PG for Miles Bridges sign n trade thoughts?

do we really want to cheer for a guy who assaults women?

He will never be forgiven for beating a woman. On the court he's never been a problem. Teammates love him. People have skeletons in their closet off the court. I just thought you would be interested in a younger player who plays the same position as PG.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,768

Post#104 » by KL2 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Instead we have a yes man.
KL2
Analyst

Post#105 » by KL2 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:42 pm

Read on Twitter

And then he says this… That’s running it back no?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
KL2
Analyst

Post#106 » by KL2 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#107 » by madmaxmedia » Mon May 6, 2024 7:15 pm

Those quotes aren't all bad IMO. I mean he's talking a bit out of both sides of his mouth, but has to if they want to re-sign both PG and James and hold onto the option of trading them later. We got to read between the lines a bit, especially about getting younger and Russ having a decision to make (if you want minutes better look elsewhere...)

The part about Kawhi/PG/James getting better is of course complete fantasy, maybe they'll also find Aladdin's lamp and wish themselves a bunch of new players.
KL2
Analyst

Post#108 » by KL2 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:41 pm

No. There not all bad. Just a lot of talking in circles.

Wish I could believe him about getting younger but he gave the same spiel last year. And then went in the opposite direction.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,112

A Respectable Trolling Moment 

Post#109 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon May 6, 2024 7:53 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:The part about Kawhi/PG/James getting better is of course complete fantasy, maybe they'll also find Aladdin's lamp and wish themselves a bunch of new players.

This is going to be the first time I ever do this, and never again. I'll troll:

I am so sorry to all the mods and admins here. I have really built a bridge too far.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,100

Post#110 » by Bobbymcgee » Mon May 6, 2024 7:57 pm

Frank mentioned a Zubac extension but not a Terrance Mann one? Wonder if they are finally going to try and trade him.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#111 » by MartinToVaught » Mon May 6, 2024 8:05 pm

He's just spewing a bunch of word salad. Any franchise that cares about winning would have fired him by now.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,944

Post#112 » by esqtvd » Mon May 6, 2024 8:06 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
og15 wrote:I thought Batum wanted to retire soon

perhaps he would reconsider as he was still an effective player this season

Philly would like Batum back but I wouldn't expect him to want to be bicoastal again. I think his family is still in LA and if there are no hard feelings toward the org, he might be agreeable. Right now, Batum is targeting the Olympics and playing for France and I'd expect him to decide afterward. I'd think the door is open on the Clippers' end for a minimum-ish deal.

https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-news-nicolas-batum-breaks-silence-on-trade-to-sixers-i-envisioned-myself-retiring-here

“I'm still playing on a good team, so I can't complain, but just the family side. I really envisioned myself retiring here. I bought into the project of the Clippers, and you know how I feel about Ty [Lue]. If I wasn't for Ty, I would've been retired four years ago. I'm still playing now and I've got my kids who still got a chance to see me play. My son, he's getting older, so now he's enjoying living more around the game of basketball and if it wasn't for Ty and his staff, I would be retired right now.”

Batum still has conversations with members of the Clippers, including Tyronn Lue, Norman Powell, Ivica Zubac, and Moussa Diabate. He's also kept tabs on the team despite being traded, routinely watching their games from across the country.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,944

Post#113 » by esqtvd » Mon May 6, 2024 8:23 pm

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Instead we have a yes man.

Jimmy is Jimmy. Pat is Pat. Pat holds all the cards.

Currently, Butler has two years left in his contract that will bring him a reported $101.2 million. What he and his agent are asking for right now is a three year deal that is worth $161.7 million. This means that by the time he is 37 years old, Butler will be getting paid a reported $58.6 million. Amid these new requests, one would think Jimmy Butler has the patience to wait for the deal to be resolved before the end of the summer.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#114 » by Ballings7 » Mon May 6, 2024 8:26 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275612/Clippers-Have-Made-Multiple-Extension-Offers-To-Paul-George-Below-Max

If George has comfort on his mind, he has to accept what the Clippers offer.. but then people talking about money, so he's going to leave then right?

I won't be surprised if he's gone. Not necessarily saying I want that, but just being kind of realistic.. maybe its a matter of having a dedicated discussion past the season to do a less-than-max deal.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#115 » by Ballings7 » Mon May 6, 2024 8:37 pm

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'll wait till training camp.. but yeah, lets see some commitment to the younger players.. really just gotta do it to get better.

Intrigued by Kai Jones.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#116 » by Clemenza » Mon May 6, 2024 9:08 pm

Glad L. Frank spoke on getting younger and more athletic. 213 and Harden is fossilized enough. Doesn't make sense to have an ancient rotation surrounding them.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 750

Post#117 » by Captain Ballmer » Mon May 6, 2024 9:12 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:Looks like someone played his last game for Clippers.
Can't wait to see him on another team.

Read on Twitter

So we're supposed get shots and videos of him crying and being depressed on camera?

You look like needs clarification. Game 6 was Friday night in Dallas. If we won, game 7 was in LA Sunday.

That clip of him jumping to water has taken on Sunday in Balkans where his wife from(serbia). You gotta fly there like 11 hours.

Team left arena(dallas) friday midnight to fly back to La. First thing on saturday pg and his family did was packing t up and took 11 hours of flight intercontinental. timezone was sunday morning when they land.

Unless he wake up saturday night from a Serbia daydreaming, you&wifey and 4 children discuss about holiday. Pg had no intentions to play any game 7, after game 5 loss he probably told his wife to start preparing. His hoax play at game 6 shouldn't surprised anyone
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#118 » by MartinToVaught » Mon May 6, 2024 9:13 pm

Clemenza wrote:Glad L. Frank spoke on getting younger and more athletic. 213 and Harden is fossilized enough. Doesn't make sense to have an ancient rotation surrounding them.

Frank's idea of getting younger is to reach for the oldest player in the draft.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,361

Post#119 » by nickhx2 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:44 pm

Clemenza wrote:Glad L. Frank spoke on getting younger and more athletic. 213 and Harden is fossilized enough. Doesn't make sense to have an ancient rotation surrounding them.

i think it's good to acknowledge, but i suppose the question is whether lue agrees with that vision and commits to it as well (assuming he stays).

another question is what type of overarching gameplan the team would want to craft around the old 3 (or 2), such that it'd fit in to winning for both short-term and long-term benefit. i think kobe brown can play like 5 to 10 minutes in any lineup (hopefully he gets good enough to play 15). bones i'm not so sure is as portable, but if he's mostly a swap for harden anyway it's fine cause that's the only lack of synergy we'd kinda be worried about.

overall, i could kinda see the team going up tempo off the bench, a bit like the bench mob of years past, though i'm not sure how effective that'd be for us, and i don't think we have a roster full of athletic, defensive types to create a chaos engine that revolves around bones. ironically, westbrook woulda been a near perfect piece for that but only the version of him that was playing well early on in the season lol.

regardless, maybe it's not so much a gameplan that fits around the main core of the team, as ancillary fits are just that: ancillary. it won't be too hard to make things work around really good players. almost certainly it'll be creating a system where the young guys can feel like they can both contribute AND grow, such that come playoff time they feel like they are part of something and that they matter. also, they have to be guys who can't completely be played off the court or whose presence caves in our own team's offense, the way westbrook and pj tucker did us in. and if that starts with bones/brown then maybe i have a bit of optimism.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

Post#120 » by LamarWho » Mon May 6, 2024 11:25 pm

Same ole same ole. This franchise is doomed with this FO and Ty Lue. Neither of them will be gone anytime soon.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers