Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,764

Re: RD 1 GAME #3: LAC [1-1] @ MAVS [1-1]—FRI 4/26 5 PM, ESPN 

Post#101 » by KL2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Question is what are the Clippers going to do about it? So far they’re taking the punches and not fighting back. Embarrassing.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,497

Post#102 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:20 pm

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

unless they are going to allow fighting again- that should be an automatic technical foul. It is a form of taunting- which is supposed to be illegal
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,057

Post#103 » by Bobbymcgee » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 pm

Leonard is obviously still injured and has hurt the team more than helped them in games 2 and 3.

I guess it doesn't really matter anymore if the Clippers play or sit Leonard because the damage is done, and the Clippers are not going to get far with an injured Leonard either playing or sitting on the bench during the playoffs.

Unless a miracle happens, it is starting to look like a gentlemen's sweep of the Clippers by the Mavs.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,408

Post#104 » by og15 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

unless they are going to allow fighting again- that should be an automatic technical foul. It is a form of taunting- which is supposed to be illegal

That's too soft from my perspective, but whatever

KL2 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Question is what are the Clippers going to do about it? So far they’re taking the punches and not fighting back. Embarrassing.
Best response is to just win, go out and smoke the other team on the court. With the version of Kahwi that's playing though, not sure how possible that is.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,435

Post#105 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 pm

I think we have to consider Kawhi a non-factor in this series. If he plays, his contributions are unlikely to be big or valuiable.

To have a chance, Zu needs to keep having the series he's having. Westbrook needs to pick up some team slack. And we need to get some valuable play from Theis or Plumlee. We're not losing the series because of Luka or Kyrie; we're losing because of P.J. Washington and Dereck Lively. We need one of the bench bigs to step in and step up.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#106 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 pm

Bobbymcgee wrote:Leonard is obviously still injured and has hurt the team more than helped them in games 2 and 3.

I guess it doesn't really matter anymore if the Clippers play or sit Leonard because the damage is done, and the Clippers are not going to get far with an injured Leonard either playing or sitting on the bench during the playoffs.

Unless a miracle happens, it is starting to look like a gentlemen's sweep of the Clippers by the Mavs.

I actually think the Clippers had a decent chance of beating the Mavs without Kawhi in this series and would give OKC trouble as well. It's all hindsight now, but perhaps it would have been best to let Kawhi recover fully before bringing him back.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM

Post#107 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 pm

On a side note, I watched the postgame with Corey Maggette last night and I was impressed with his analysis of the game. His commentary has improved over time. He was correct in saying that the playoff intensity wasn't there for many of the players and that is unacceptable. He is definitely right about that- the intensity definitely needs to pick up in game 4.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 942

Post#108 » by NickP » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 am

TrueLAfan wrote:I think we have to consider Kawhi a non-factor in this series. If he plays, his contributions are unlikely to be big or valuiable.

To have a chance, Zu needs to keep having the series he's having. Westbrook needs to pick up some team slack. And we need to get some valuable play from Theis or Plumlee. We're not losing the series because of Luka or Kyrie; we're losing because of P.J. Washington and Dereck Lively. We need one of the bench bigs to step in and step up.

Hoping that Theis gets Plumlee’s minutes but that seems as monumental as a task to part the Red Sea.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,940

Post#109 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 am

NickP wrote:
TrueLAfan wrote:I think we have to consider Kawhi a non-factor in this series. If he plays, his contributions are unlikely to be big or valuiable.

Hoping that Theis gets Plumlee’s minutes but that seems as monumental as a task to part the Red Sea.

Mann is sh*it, let's be honest. 27.4 mpg, 6.6 ppg, shooting 33%. Not that we have anyone better, mind you. Ty can't even take him out. But geez. Man up, T-Mann. 6 or 7 points a game? What kind of starter is that?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers