ImageImageImageImageImage

RD 1 GAME #5: MAVS [2-2] @ LAC [2-2] WED 5/1 7 PM, TNT

Moderators: TrueLAfan, og15

KingCrimzzon
Sophomore
And1: 173

Re: RD 1 GAME #5: MAVS [2-2] @ LAC [2-2] WED 5/1 7 PM, TNT 

Post#61 » by KingCrimzzon » Thu May 2, 2024 8:23 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:terrible time to throw a clunker in- weird how a team can be red hot from 3 in one game and then unable to sink one in the next game.

It's usually the case that one day all the 3s fall the next day they don't. Which is why championship teams are compromised of a defense first mentality. Then, scoring easy shots in the paint to balance out not taking a zillion 3s. LAC can't do either of those things so it's keep chucking and hope they go in. It's frustrating to see Kawhi miss 3 years of playoffs in a row now. Kinda feels like Blake Griffin 2.0. Oh well, consolation is LAL losing in a gentleman sweep. Better than nothing.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#62 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu May 2, 2024 1:40 pm

Clemenza wrote:I was in attendance for yet another sh*t show at home. How do you play like this and lose by 30 at home in a playoff game? This is beyond comprehension! If its over on Friday just give me a Kawhi(40 games a season at best), Bones, Zu, Kobe Brown, BBJ, Kai Jones, G Leaguer team. I don't even care anymore. Get a new coach as Lue probably wants to join his buddy Bron and the Lakers and go full Klutch Sports anyways. Westbrook, Coffey, and Plumlee just isn't happening. The pressure is on Dallas on Friday but even if we were to win that game who trusts us to play well on Sunday for a game 7 at home? And we blindly signed Kawhi for three more years??? Wow!! Unbelievable

They didn't blindly give Kawhi that contract- at the time he looked like a top 3 player in the NBA. It is a shame his knee problems flared up again
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#63 » by PeteyPablo » Thu May 2, 2024 3:38 pm

I watched the entire game and it was pretty visible that the Mavs wanted it more. Clippers were lost on offense and defense.
Almost looked as if they thought they could just waltz through the game at home and win.

It is difficult to understand. But maybe it is easy to understand that almost every one had an awful games.

Where does this team and organization go from here? It is a must win next game on the road and then a must win if it goes to game 7.

Stephen A Smith said Steve Ballmer needs to blow it up. He said Kawhi is the worst Super Star because he is never available.
He also bashed PG , Harden and Westbrook.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,124

Post#64 » by LamarWho » Thu May 2, 2024 3:42 pm

Clemenza wrote:I was in attendance for yet another sh*t show at home. How do you play like this and lose by 30 at home in a playoff game? This is beyond comprehension! If its over on Friday just give me a Kawhi(40 games a season at best), Bones, Zu, Kobe Brown, BBJ, Kai Jones, G Leaguer team. I don't even care anymore. Get a new coach as Lue probably wants to join his buddy Bron and the Lakers and go full Klutch Sports anyways. Westbrook, Coffey, and Plumlee just isn't happening. The pressure is on Dallas on Friday but even if we were to win that game who trusts us to play well on Sunday for a game 7 at home? And we blindly signed Kawhi for three more years??? Wow!! Unbelievable

I feel bad for fans like you having to spent $$ to see a garbage performance last night. I actually thought about going to last night's game as well, since it could be our last game at Staples. I have attended a number of playoff games over the years (none in the 213 era). Yes there were bad losses, but it was always because they were outclassed(KD's OKC team, KD's Warriors team, etc). We competed in those games, but just weren't in the same class as our opponents.

Last night's game was different. We played like we are up 3-0 in the series. Our 2 future HOF acted like they were supposed to take it easy after a stellar G4. If this was a regular season game you will be like yea it's "one of those games", let's move on. But it was pivotal G5, you got 2 days of rest and you are playing at home. Say all you want about the lob city squad, at least they would have competed harder last night.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,283

Post#65 » by Clemenza » Thu May 2, 2024 4:08 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

They didn't blindly give Kawhi that contract- at the time he looked like a top 3 player in the NBA. It is a shame his knee problems flared up again

And again, and again, and again

Playoffs Matter
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 1,019

Post#66 » by clipperlover » Thu May 2, 2024 4:27 pm

Was that a bad loss? Absolutely

Do PG, Harden and Russ deserve to take some heat? Absolutely

Do I think this series is over? No.

It is now win or go home time. We will see what these guys do when the pressure is truly on.

On top of that, we are (hopefully) playing 3 games in 5 days with travel to and from Dallas. While Dallas is riding the momentum, they are doing the same travel. Luka had 2 days off to rest his knee before Game 5. Now, he has to travel and play in less than 48. They lose Game 6 and he has to travel again.

Looking at the post All-Star game schedule, I don't see where Dallas has had the kind of travel schedule that we had. The 6 Game in 9 days stretch that had us do double matinees in less than a 24 hours turn-around (and with a time change) along with travel out to Chicago, and then down to NO (on a back to back) and then back to L.A was a brutal stretch.

The series certainly is not over.
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#67 » by clipperlover » Thu May 2, 2024 4:33 pm

We will have to be on the lookout to see if Kawhi makes the trip to Dallas. If he makes the trip, then I would expect him to play.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#68 » by MartinToVaught » Thu May 2, 2024 4:40 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:It is a shame his knee problems flared up again

Sure, but it happens literally every year. No matter how much or how little he's load-managed. His body cannot handle an NBA schedule anymore and it won't get better with age. He should be traded, but we need a real front office first.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 787

Post#69 » by donemilio21 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:27 pm

The series is not over. However, I do not believe this team can beat Dallas two games in a row. I hope I'm wrong.
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#70 » by PeteyPablo » Thu May 2, 2024 6:13 pm

My curiosity strikes and I wonder what the hell is going through these players minds?

Do they want to win but are just out matched by the Mavs?

Did their bodies not get enough rest, therefore they could not reach that next gear to compete?

was this just a fluke cold shooting night?

Not here to bash the team.

are the Mavs just a better team?
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,361

Post#71 » by Scoundreldays » Thu May 2, 2024 6:27 pm

Damn I saw PG and Harden too 13 and 12 shots each. The audacity to want a max contract. These dudes deserve $30 million a year contracts, 35 at the absolute max.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,274

Post#72 » by MartinToVaught » Thu May 2, 2024 6:42 pm

Scoundreldays wrote:Damn I saw PG and Harden too 13 and 12 shots each. The audacity to want a max contract. These dudes deserve $30 million a year contracts, 35 at the absolute max.

I wouldn't even give either of these guys the TPMLE. With their age, playoff history and (in Harden's case) tendency to quit on teams, no way.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,494

Post#73 » by Ballings7 » Thu May 2, 2024 9:01 pm

After the first half.. just didn't feel that good at all.

Just don't get how Harden has games like this... makes 1, 2, maybe 3 shots and has a bunch of TOs... like just totally loses his game. Going back to his Rockets days... the Game 6 vs the Spurs in 2017 (look it up). And a handful of other games as well, where its like the worst possible game anyone can have.

Unreal.

I think they'll probably win Game 6, but Game 7 could be another Game 3 or Game 5... we'll see. I don't know. Not sure if this team has it in them... but the core of them did show character in the Utah series in 2021.

We'll see. Such a damn shame about Kawhi.. if he was healthy this series is over.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
clipperlover
Rookie

Post#74 » by clipperlover » Thu May 2, 2024 10:16 pm

clipperlover wrote:We will have to be on the lookout to see if Kawhi makes the trip to Dallas. If he makes the trip, then I would expect him to play.

Kawhi ruled out for Game 6. I suspect he didn't travel with the team. If knee inflammation is the concern, then him flying isn't going to help. If he plays this again series, it will be a Game 7 home game, so keep him in L.A. in the hyperbaric chamber.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#75 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri May 3, 2024 2:28 am

LamarWho wrote:

I feel bad for fans like you having to spent $$ to see a garbage performance last night. I actually thought about going to last night's game as well, since it could be our last game at Staples. I have attended a number of playoff games over the years (none in the 213 era). Yes there were bad losses, but it was always because they were outclassed(KD's OKC team, KD's Warriors team, etc). We competed in those games, but just weren't in the same class as our opponents.

Last night's game was different. We played like we are up 3-0 in the series. Our 2 future HOF acted like they were supposed to take it easy after a stellar G4. If this was a regular season game you will be like yea it's "one of those games", let's move on. But it was pivotal G5, you got 2 days of rest and you are playing at home. Say all you want about the lob city squad, at least they would have competed harder last night.

I'm not sure what happened- don't know if it could be solely marked down to a lack of effort- the whole team just looked off for inexplicable reasons.

Hopefully they turn it around tomorrow, but it isn't looking good. Now that Kleber is going, it is very difficult to defend them- if you stay home on him, Luka or Irving may go off for 50- especially with Mann questionable now

Return to Los Angeles Clippers