ImageImageImageImageImage

Another New HUGE Trade Rumor

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

ClipperDomination
Veteran
And1: 2

Another New HUGE Trade Rumor 

Post#1 » by ClipperDomination » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:48 am

I have a buddy who works for the Clipps that knows people within the organization. He was the one to tell me hours before Elton left that he was not happy being in LA at all and wanted to leave, so I give him props and cred for that.

Here's a new rumor that he has brought up to me, and this can be HUGE.

If the Pistons do not have enough to get T-Mac (who is their first priority), there's a rumor surrounding a trade the Clippers and Pistons. The trade in centered around the following:

Kaman and Gordon for...Rip and Sheed!

Both teams would add in salary to make this trade work, but what do you all think?

B-Diddy, Rip, Thornton, Sheed, Camby. :o

That would be fantastic, I'm all for it. Make it happen, Dun!
GuyverX
Head Coach
And1: 4,159

Re: Another New HUGE Trade Rumor 

Post#2 » by GuyverX » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:59 am

Hamilton would be the the 2-guard we've been looking for but I say hell no to Rasheed. I don't think Rasheed is a great idea at this point in his career unless you're looking to unload his salary next season. His production is declining rapidly. How many years does he have left? He's been in the league for 15 years! We'd also probably have the oldest starting PF/C combo in the NBA. He's in the last year of his contract but we'd be losing a 15/13 starting center on a long term, bargain contract.

Wallace is not what we need at this point. This would be a one-and-done type of deal because we'd be back to praying for superstar FA's and draft picks again.

And don't Rasheed and Dunelavy hate each other?
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#3 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:46 am

It's definitely an interesting rumor that's for sure. It would be a real nice team in the short run and really help our chances in the playoffs. People were wondering about Camby and Kaman co-existing but Wallace likes to hang out on the perimeter now; and as Guyver mentioned he's declining and not getting any younger. A lot would have to be included on the Clippers side to match salaries. So the nice little depth we have right now would be gone. ATM I don't think it's worth it, because we would be sacrificing the future for a team that doesn't necessarily put us over the top. That would be a sick starting 5 though and could definitely do some damage next season.
JzaAa
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JzaAa » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:54 am

i say no... i'm feeling the Kaveman.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#5 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

JzaAa wrote:i say no... i'm feeling the Kaveman.

Kaman may not mind since he'd be going back home.
Basketballfan423514
Sophomore

Post#6 » by Basketballfan423514 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:02 pm

I personally would not make this trade. If we do, we would get a lot older. This trade would make us look like we want to win now rather than later (which im ok with), but we would only have these guys for maybe 2 years before they would really hit the decline. Sheed is already on his way down while Kaman is a rising star. I would keep Kaman and Gordon to build around them for the future. I dont think we are that far off from having a team that can go very deep in the playoffs if we keep Kaman and Gordon and add another piece here and there. I just think if we made this trade, yea, we would probably be a favorite to go deep this year and next year, but after that, we are gonna be looking at a very old lineup in Camby, Diddy, Rip, & Sheed. So that's my main reason I wouldn't do it. I think Gordon and Kaman can become some of the premier players at their positions so i would hold on to them and keep a young nucleus.
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 354

Post#7 » by Det the Threat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:56 pm

I don't like trading away top 5 centers in their mid 20's. Especially not for an over the hill R. Wallace, who most likely would not work well together with Dunleavy, who should have his hands full trying to contain Baron Davis.

So while Hamilton would be nice, i just wouldn't do it, cause even with Wallace and Hamilton we wouldn't compete for the title, while also trading away qute a bit of our future in Kaman and Gordon.

Also, who should score down low for us? Sheed certainly not, cause he likes to jack up threes, instead of banging down low, these days.
PlinkingPanda
Analyst

Post#8 » by PlinkingPanda » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:08 pm

I would prefer to keep Kaman. :/
JJ LoDuca
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by JJ LoDuca » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm with most of yall. Its not worth it if it means giving up Kaman.
-Ms. JJ
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#10 » by loflin3hree5ive » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:07 pm

I hate this deal. Clippers get too old. Gordon can't even be traded until mid-December anyway.
cinnamon
Starter
And1: 1

Post#11 » by cinnamon » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:20 pm

I hope this rumored deal never goes anywhere.
To trade away two guys who are only going to keep getting better for two guys on the wane --- I thought Rip was losing some of his famous speed last year, although my son disagreed --- doesn't make sense in the situation the Clippers are in right now.
And, like so many others, I really like Kaman, and would hate to see him go.

corgiBear8
Freshman

Post#12 » by corgiBear8 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:30 pm

I wouldn't mind the trade. I don't know if there would be any team chemistry, but that lineup would be really good for a couple years. It would def. put us near the top in the west. That being said, I don't think it will happen because doesn't Dun love Kaman? I think Dun thinks he already has a squad that can compete and also pieces that will be good for a long time (Kaman, Al, Gordon).
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#13 » by loflin3hree5ive » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Cat Mobley would have to be included just to make salaries match.

EDIT: Clippers would have to add around $10 million to make salaries match. Eric Gordon can't be traded for 30 days from when he was signed.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#14 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:13 pm

I say no to this one.

I like the combination of Kaman and Camby down low, as I think Dunleavy also does.
Tucker74
Senior
Location: With every positive move inching closer to Sec 215...

Post#15 » by Tucker74 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:53 pm

I'm in the 'just say no' camp as well. Rip would be an awesome addition as he and Baron can run all day, but Rasheed doesn't have enough in his tank to justify parting with Kaman.

I'd rather sub McDyess and Maxiell for Sheed but even then it's not a fair trade for us.
thanumba2clippersfan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 700

Post#16 » by thanumba2clippersfan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Everyone would love to get Rip and everyone says no to Sheed. I'm in agreement to keep Kaman. What if we try to just get Rip and not Sheed?
I've been an LA Clipper fan since 1998 and that will never change. I hate our new logo and jerseys!
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#17 » by mj_shoefanatic » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:25 am

Tucker74 wrote:
I'd rather sub McDyess and Maxiell for Sheed but even then it's not a fair trade for us.

co-sign on that trade scenario
JzaAa
Ballboy

Post#18 » by JzaAa » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:29 am

Mobley and Gordon for RIP... since we can have bukee off the bench... booya?
adiedanny
Senior
And1: 5

Post#19 » by adiedanny » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:35 am

We cannot trade Kaman because of the trade clause in his contract. We have to pay a large amount of money if he is traded.
DraftBoy10
Banned User

Post#20 » by DraftBoy10 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:44 pm

This rumor is bogus from the point where you said T-Mac to Detroit.

As a Rockets fan, they aren't getting McGrady. I heard of preliminary talks but they just aren't coughing up with it takes, and I doubt they will. Only move they could make together is a lateral move and neither side would pull that off.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers