ImageImageImageImage

Week 11. Turkey Day vs. The G-Men.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: Week 11. Turkey Day vs. The G-Men. 

Post#21 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:37 pm

Wasn’t pretty but a win is a win. Onward…
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,200

Post#22 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:CeeDee Lamb is f**king amazing btw. So many sick one-handed grabs.

I still think he got that TD.

His heel touched. He was clearly out. I actually wanted to punch MM right in the face when he challenged it.

Read on Twitter

Both feet hit before his heel dragged out.

Watch the video in slow mo, you'll see it.

It's a moot debate because we scored a TD anyway. But I still believe that was a TD.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter

This catch was also disgusting.

The guy is an athlete. He is definitely one of my favorite Cowboys. And he is only 23 years old, which means we haven't even seen his prime yet which should be in the 24-26 range.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,155

Post#24 » by Mr B » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:CeeDee Lamb is f**king amazing btw. So many sick one-handed grabs.

I still think he got that TD.

His heel touched. He was clearly out. I actually wanted to punch MM right in the face when he challenged it.

Read on Twitter

Both feet hit before his heel dragged out.

Watch the video in slow mo, you'll see it.

It's a moot debate because we scored a TD anyway. But I still believe that was a TD.

I get that his toe touched but that’s not the rule when you’re falling backwards. When you’re falling backwards you’re entire foot must land inbound (toe to heel). When falling forward only your toe is required. It’s always been called this way. It’s stupid and needs to be clarified (and possibly will this off season) but as of right now that’s how it’s always been called. Image
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:17 am

You can't drag toes falling back? Only forward? I never knew that rule.

And that rule doesn't make sense to me. Weird rule.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#26 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:21 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Dez was furious :lol:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,155

Post#27 » by Mr B » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:59 am

Micah Prescott wrote:You can't drag toes falling back? Only forward? I never knew that rule.

And that rule doesn't make sense to me. Weird rule.

Preaching to the choir. That’s the way it’s always been called though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:This is why you can win a ring with Dak, the defense is good enough to overcome 2 INTs and if you score 28 points it's a W. You know, because it's a team game.

We just need to get good matchups in the post season, if we start off facing either Minny or NYG we will get the win. If we start off facing Philly it's probably another first round loss.

Not if he played like he did Thursday. Fortunately we played a team that was a MASH unit coming in here on a short week or I'm not sure we pull this one out. But because its a holiday I'm just going to enjoy this win and enjoy the ride for however long it goes.
Once again Mike McCarthy proved his stupidity by going for it in or own zone. 13 penalties in the game and now the Cowboys lead the NFL in penalties per game. Dumb Dak with 2 early int's in the first quarter. Sorry Micah, all the teams that make the playoffs are good. Match ups don't matter all that much when you make those mistakes in the playoffs. It won't matter who we play. This **** has to be cleaned up going into the playoffs or it will be another one and done. I'm hoping they will clean this crap up but we have been talking about those same issues all last year, it cost us in the playoffs and it keeps rearing its ugly head this year even though Jerry mentioned it all during the off season. I'm telling ya, if Dak turns the ball over twice in the first quarter, McCarthy turns the ball over on downs in our own end and we have double digit penalties in a playoff game, we go home early. All that crap I just mentioned absolutely needs to be cleaned up and corrected now and the defense needs to play light out the rest of the year for us to have a chance to get to the Super Bowl. That is the only way we win with Dak. The defense and the players around Dak need to elevate their games and carry him instead of the other way around. If Dak has to carry this team, we lose.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#29 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:17 am

Read on Twitter

This was the most watched regular season NFL game EVER. :o

Ratings for the NFL as a whole are up big, and this is during a time when everyone is cutting cords and ratings for virtually everything else are falling.

Return to Dallas Cowboys