ImageImageImageImage

Thanksgiving,and Thurs nights.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Thanksgiving,and Thurs nights. 

Post#1 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:07 am

For the last few seasons the Boys have had to play 3 games in 12 days,and 4 games in 19-20 days,and this is why by the time it gets to the playoffs or close to the end of the season;I think we are not up to the task.This year we played 3 games in 14 days so we had an exra 2-3 days rest give or take.Recently we have been having to play on Sun aft.....Thurs Aft....the the following Thurs night.Finally this stopped this year.We did have 3 games in 14 games,but it started after a bye.Not sure if we were beter injury wise at this point in the season compared to last season,but it sure feels better than last years TG schedule was.This could be the difference,especially if we get a bye.

They should also get rid of Thurs night games altogether now that they have increased the amount of reg season games.Guys are getting injured to easily,especially on non contact injuries that players like Beckham have had,and last night with Kyler Murray.
:banghead:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Re: Thanksgiving,and Thurs nights. 

Post#2 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:50 pm

linery88 wrote:They should also get rid of Thurs night games altogether now that they have increased the amount of reg season games.Guys are getting injured to easily, especially on non contact injuries that players like Beckham have had, and last night with Kyler Murray.

I don't think the NFL will be sending that check back to Bezos...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#3 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:09 pm

I actually like Thursday Night games. They are generally games that I would never be able to watch if they were lumped in with everything else on Sunday.

Have to remember, the entire purpose of the NFL is for us fans to watch it and be entertained by it.

Murray's injury was one of the strangest ones I have ever seen. He tore his ACL just running alone, untouched. He didn't even do anything that special which freaks me out because that could happen to anyone just running across the street or something.

Like that basketball player who shattered his leg just by jumping up and down untouched.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by linery88 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:24 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I actually like Thursday Night games. They are generally games that I would never be able to watch if they were lumped in with everything else on Sunday.

Have to remember, the entire purpose of the NFL is for us fans to watch it and be entertained by it.

Murray's injury was one of the strangest ones I have ever seen. He tore his ACL just running alone, untouched. He didn't even do anything that special which freaks me out because that could happen to anyone just running across the street or something.

Like that basketball player who shattered his leg just by jumping up and down untouched.

I,ve heard so many media guys complain,.and so many players complain about Thursday night football.
I think they could have Saturday night football sometimes depending on the college schedule that particular Saturday.
The media,and other players have also complained about the quality of the games on Thursdays.Von Miller tore his ACL on a Thursday afternoon game in Detroit.IMO-the injuries are just going to get worse then we will see what the NFL does then if anything.All these teams killing themselves to get a bye..some time off.Same guys getting hurt every year,with the same injuries.I hope they take a hard look at it soon.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#5 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:56 pm

linery88 wrote:For the last few seasons the Boys have had to play 3 games in 12 days,and 4 games in 19-20 days,and this is why by the time it gets to the playoffs or close to the end of the season;I think we are not up to the task.This year we played 3 games in 14 days so we had an exra 2-3 days rest give or take.Recently we have been having to play on Sun aft.....Thurs Aft....the the following Thurs night.Finally this stopped this year.We did have 3 games in 14 games,but it started after a bye.Not sure if we were better injury wise at this point in the season compared to last season,but it sure feels better than last years TG schedule was.This could be the difference,especially if we get a bye.

They should also get rid of Thurs night games altogether now that they have increased the amount of reg season games.Guys are getting injured to easily,especially on non contact injuries that players like Beckham have had,and last night with Kyler Murray.

I like the Thursday night games. The more football the better for me. I love watching all the games. I will admit that the product sometimes is horrible, but we also have horrible games and match ups the other nights as well. I'm mostly concerned about what the players body goes through. I like the latest proposal where the NFL goes to an 18 game regular season schedule with each team having two bye's. As far as playing 3 games in a 12 or 14 day period, it has always been like that since the 70's when I was growing up as a kid. Most of the time it hasn't hurt us at all. I love the tradition.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by linery88 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:For the last few seasons the Boys have had to play 3 games in 12 days,and 4 games in 19-20 days,and this is why by the time it gets to the playoffs or close to the end of the season;I think we are not up to the task.This year we played 3 games in 14 days so we had an exra 2-3 days rest give or take.Recently we have been having to play on Sun aft.....Thurs Aft....the the following Thurs night.Finally this stopped this year.We did have 3 games in 14 games,but it started after a bye.Not sure if we were better injury wise at this point in the season compared to last season,but it sure feels better than last years TG schedule was.This could be the difference,especially if we get a bye.

I like the Thursday night games. The more football the better for me. I love watching all the games. I will admit that the product sometimes is horrible, but we also have horrible games and match ups the other nights as well. I'm mostly concerned about what the players body goes through. I like the latest proposal where the NFL goes to an 18 game regular season schedule with each team having two bye's. As far as playing 3 games in a 12 or 14 day period, it has always been like that since the 70's when I was growing up as a kid. Most of the time it hasn't hurt us at all. I love the tradition.

I like the ideas of two byes to increase the quality of the games,and then maybe they can practice in pads more.
I also like the tradition of TG,but it was when we would get 10 days off after it.For the last few seasons except this one,we were playing another game a week later on Thurs night football,so it would have to be 4 games in 19-20 days.So glad they ended that this year.Those days off make a huge difference later in the season come playoff time.Another big injury this week to a key Ny Jets lineman on a non contact injury in Buffalo.

Return to Dallas Cowboys