Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,183

Re: Week 9 - Green bay Packers. 

Post#101 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:But if Dak doesn't have 2 int's, then the score is 38-0 or 42-0. That's probably game over vs. Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah and if Dak threw 34 TD passes yesterday it would have 238-0

He got us to up 14 in the 4th, at some point you have to look at people not named Dak Prescott, because he mostly did his part.

Yeah, and if he didn't have so many turnovers and INT's in big games and playoff games we go to the Super bowl all the time like Staubach and Montana. EVER WONDER WHY DAK WAS A 4TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE the year we drafted him?

Funny you mention Staubach because Dak just passed him in yardage with half as many INTs.

Roger threw 109 and Dak is at 54....same career passing yardage

If Nick Foles can win a SB so can Dak....the game is more than a QB, how many crappy QBs have to win a ring before people like you get it?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#102 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:24 pm

Guess who led the NFL in INTs last season?

Matthew Stafford with 17

They won a SB

You know why? Their defense picked up the slack for him.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#103 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We've never been good at stopping the run. Our weakness has been exposed.

Never mind. I won't ask you these types of questions ever again. I guess X's and O's, adjustments and what the coordinators are doing isn't your forte. I thought you knew enough about football to have noticed the adjustment that was most costly in this game.

If you already know the answer you want hear you probably shouldn't ask anyone.

The Packers went in with a game plan to run because that's what other teams have gotten away on us. You pointed this out before. They just exposed what was already there.

Now every team is going to run up the middle from here out.

Packers didn't run the ball early in the game that well. So you didn't see the adjustment Dan Quinn made? The adjustment was even more costly than Dak's 2 int's. And no, its not what I want to hear, but it happened and I just wanted to know if you caught it. It had a huge effect on the defense for the rest of the game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#104 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:35 pm

Removing Parsons from blitz? They were running on us from start to finish, you can see me posting about it in here right away at the start of the game.

We need a run stuffing DT in the middle. We don't have that.

If we hyper focus on stuffing the middle it opens up the play action.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#105 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Welp they're running.

This was my first game time post.

early in the 1st Q

You could see right away they didn't want Rodgers to throw, the plan was to run run run
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Yeah and if Dak threw 34 TD passes yesterday it would have 238-0

He got us to up 14 in the 4th, at some point you have to look at people not named Dak Prescott, because he mostly did his part.

Yeah, and if he didn't have so many turnovers and INT's in big games and playoff games we go to the Super bowl all the time like Staubach and Montana. EVER WONDER WHY DAK WAS A 4TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE the year we drafted him?

Funny you mention Staubach because Dak just passed him in yardage with half as many INTs.

Roger threw 109 and Dak is at 54....same career passing yardage

If Nick Foles can win a SB so can Dak....the game is more than a QB, how many crappy QBs have to win a ring before people like you get it?

Really. We are going to have this foolish battle again. Before we go down this road again you have a lot of homework to do first. Once again you have no idea what you are even talking about. The new Cowboy generation is not only stupid and uneducated, they have no respect for the real Cowboy fans, the real fans, players and coaches that built the Cowboys and making them America's Team. Comparing Dak to Staubach is the most obsurd and offensive thing you have ever posted in here. Dak could never even carry Staubach briefcase on the field or in real life. You don't compare a total piece of **** like Dak to a legend like Staubach. Staubach and Landry put the Cowboys on the football map forever and is one of the very few reasons why the Cowboys are worth almost 10 billion dollars today.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#107 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:44 pm

You brought up Staubach and INTs, not me.

I brought up Stafford, who led the NFL in INTs last season and still won a ring.

Here's something else you are ignoring, Packers had 2 turnovers also, we were tied in that regard. 2-2. There was no turnover edge.

Dak threw 265 yards and 3 TDs, but the difference was Green Bay's 209 rushing yards which obliterates time of possession. We simply could not stop the run.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#108 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Welp they're running.

This was my first game time post.

early in the 1st Q

You could see right away they didn't want Rodgers to throw, the plan was to run run run

SO WHY HAVE PARSONS PLACED BACK AT MIDDLE LINEBACKER PLAYING FOR THE PASSING GAME. Your getting warmer. You almost have it now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#109 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:You brought up Staubach and INTs, not me.

I brought up Stafford, who led the NFL in INTs last season and still won a ring.

Here's something else you are ignoring, Packers had 2 turnovers also, we were tied in that regard. 2-2. There was no turnover edge.

Dak threw 265 yards and 3 TDs, but the difference was Green Bay's 209 rushing yards which obliterates time of possession. We simply could not stop the run.

I did bring up Staubach and Montana. Your right. For a reason. Go look at their int's numbers during their Super Bowl runs and runs getting into the Super Bowl. But once again you got disrespectful comparing Dak to Staubach. Staubach is on an island of his own. Next tier is Aikman and the Meredith. Dak will never come close to that tier either.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#110 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:55 pm

I didn't ignore the two Packer turnovers the defense got. Dak and the offense didn't do anything with them so that's another mark on the offense.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#111 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:25 pm

Yep... which is why the OT play calling by Moore in general and the last two offensive plays in particular bug the hell out of me. Run the damn football on those two plays and I'm convinced they would have gotten a 1st down, kept the ball for a few more minutes or maybe even score a TD and end the game right there. He has to know that the Defense is struggling to stop the run as well as the history against the Packers and what happens if they give the ball back to Rodgers. Frustrating as hell, man.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#112 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:38 pm

I'll just say this, regardless of where you want to cast blame, this game was frustrating as hell either way. We all get mad and try to debate where to point fingers, but it isn't that black and white, the team as a whole failed. From coaching staff to the QB to the defense. They all failed.

We are about to play the 8-1 Vikings who are without question a top-3 NFL team. I think if we can defeat them it will make up for this loss and regain everyone's faith. I hope they can do it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:53 pm

I don't have any faith moving forward whether they beat the Vikings or not. Wheels are starting to come off and now its time for Jerry to step in and do his wonderful part.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:06 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'll just say this, regardless of where you want to cast blame, this game was frustrating as hell either way. We all get mad and try to debate where to point fingers, but it isn't that black and white, the team as a whole failed. From coaching staff to the QB to the defense. They all failed.

We are about to play the 8-1 Vikings who are without question a top-3 NFL team. I think if we can defeat them it will make up for this loss and regain everyone's faith. I hope they can do it.

They have their hands full... but I agree completely. This is a very winnable game. But whatever issues they have in their run defense need to have addressed and if it's as Micah says (discipline) then they need to figure it out. Kirk Cousins does not scare me. Dalvin Cook does.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#115 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:20 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'll just say this, regardless of where you want to cast blame, this game was frustrating as hell either way. We all get mad and try to debate where to point fingers, but it isn't that black and white, the team as a whole failed. From coaching staff to the QB to the defense. They all failed.

They have their hands full... but I agree completely. This is a very winnable game. But whatever issues they have in their run defense need to have addressed and if it's as Micah says (discipline) then they need to figure it out. Kirk Cousins does not scare me. Dalvin Cook does.

Cook ran all over the Bills. He will probably get 25+ carries against Dallas and all of them straight up the middle. Dallas has to plug that up.

Odighizuwa and Hankins are our starting DTs, they just aren't that great at run defense. Osa can blitz well but not the best run stuffer. We really need a big body up front that is hard to move. At least on 1st and 2nd down. We don't really have that.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:42 pm

A ray of hope within the division... we aren't the only defense emulating a sieve. And they have Fletcher Cox @ $14M doing nothing.

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,138

Post#117 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:23 am

Fierce1 wrote:Cowboys not going anywhere this season.

Time to once again hit the reset button.

The first move should be replacing the coach.

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised. This is the same thing we have been seeing for 25+ years. They will correct some things and get into the playoffs and then get embarrassed again. Until they show me different this is what I expect from them every season.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#118 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Coach should be fired.

Never should have been hired in the first place.

Make way for Dan Quinn or Sean Payton.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#119 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:24 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm telling you guys, Dak isn't the guy.

Probably not but he isn’t the only problem.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#120 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:25 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Coach should be fired.

Never should have been hired in the first place.

I hate McCarthy I promise. But who should have been hired?

At the time McCarthy was hired there were not many better options, if any. Once this team gets embarrassed in the playoffs it will be either Sea Payton’s turn or Dan Quinn’s turn to let us down.

Return to Dallas Cowboys