ImageImageImageImage

2021 NFL Draft.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,191

Re: 2021 NFL Draft. 

Post#121 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:14 pm

Looking back at this draft, it seems like Dallas got pretty lucky to have Parsons fall to them at 12. Lucky that so many teams were desperate for QBs for one. There were 4 QBs taken before Parsons and honestly all 4 of them seem lack luster to me although it's still very early to judge, I'm sure one of them will go on to have a good career.

But then the 2 CBs that went before Parsons? Surtain has been a great player but not Parsons level great and Carolina taking Jaycee Horn have to be kicking the s*** of themselves. You think Jerry would ever hear the end of it if he had passed on Parsons for Jaycee Horn? Jerry got torched for taking Tyron Smith over JJ Watt and Smith was an elite AllPro LT.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#122 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:11 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Looking back at this draft, it seems like Dallas got pretty lucky to have Parsons fall to them at 12. Lucky that so many teams were desperate for QBs for one. There were 4 QBs taken before Parsons and honestly all 4 of them seem lack luster to me although it's still very early to judge, I'm sure one of them will go on to have a good career.

But then the 2 CBs that went before Parsons? Surtain has been a great player but not Parsons level great and Carolina taking Jaycee Horn have to be kicking the s*** of themselves. You think Jerry would ever hear the end of it if he had passed on Parsons for Jaycee Horn? Jerry got torched for taking Tyron Smith over JJ Watt and Smith was an elite AllPro LT.

They actually traded back and still were able to draft Parsons. They could have drafted Rashawn Slater (who I actually wanted) but they wouldn’t have been able to draft anyone near as good as Parson in 2022. It seems they made the right move by drafting Parsons in 2021 and getting their LT in 2022. Tyler Smith is not as good as Slater but he’s been pretty good so far this year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#123 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:27 pm

I think I am becoming of the opinion that CBs should never be taken in the top-10 of the draft. Mo Claiborne left a bad taste in my mouth, he was an elite ball hawk type in college but that just never came out in the NFL. We just got done watching Ramsey get torched all over the place in the NFL opener.

They have to be Charles Woodson or Deion Sanders level for it to be worth it and even at that level a CB can just be ignored. Deion went games without being looked at. You can't ignore Micah Parsons, no one can, in your face every play.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#124 » by Mr B » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I think I am becoming of the opinion that CBs should never be taken in the top-10 of the draft. Mo Claiborne left a bad taste in my mouth, he was an elite ball hawk type in college but that just never came out in the NFL. We just got done watching Ramsey get torched all over the place in the NFL opener.

They have to be Charles Woodson or Deion Sanders level for it to be worth it and even at that level a CB can just be ignored. Deion went games without being looked at. You can't ignore Micah Parsons, no one can, in your face every play.

Teams should always be built from the inside out.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,359

Post#125 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:10 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:All the hype so many had for Pitts including Jerry.

Pitts is a good player. He's on a **** team.

They’re literally not even throwing to him lol

Why should they. Every time I see an Atlanta game he never gets any separation. A **** player on a **** team. Give him a job cleaning toilets or something. Bum.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#126 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:33 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Pitts is a good player. He's on a **** team.

They’re literally not even throwing to him lol

Why should they. Every time I see an Atlanta game he never gets any separation. A **** player on a **** team. Give him a job cleaning toilets or something. Bum.

The problem is that he was taken before Chase. Guys like Sewell, Surtain & Parsons followed. That's always going to be the knock on him. A good player. But not good enough to be picked ahead of those guys. Atlanta made a mistake. I'm sure if given the choice, they would do it differently.

If he was still available when Dallas picked (10th), and Parsons was off the board, I'm sure they would have taken Pitts at that point.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#127 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:19 pm

Pitts is a physical freak and it's way too early to know how his career will turn out. Would I trade Parsons for him? hell no lol. But I'd easily take him over Dalton Schultz.

Right now the entire 2021 draft looks pretty poor TBH. Outside of Parsons, Chase, and maybe 4-5 others.

Especially in the later rounds, nothing stands out so far.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#128 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:27 pm

Dallas drafted 11 players in the 2021 and all 11 are still on the roster. I guess that's a good sign.

Parsons, Farniok, Odighizuwa, Bohanna are all starters too. Although Farniok plays like a late round pick IMO. He shouldn't be a starter.

Return to Dallas Cowboys