Cowboys vs. Jaguars.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Re: Cowboys vs. Jaguars. 

Post#121 » by linery88 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:42 am

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:Seeing the replay today of the pass that ended the game with the pik 6,was an ill advised pass by Dak,but the Jags defense had him in an awkward position,so give them props.Other teams who have studied us have seen something in Daks game that they can exploit.Make him run left,and he can be picked.When he runs right he is a better passer.

What? Dak threw an I’ll advised pass? Don’t you know that **** gets no play around here. Every pass Dak throws us a great one. If the pass was behind the WR that just means the WR ran too fast because there is NO WAY that could be Dak’s fault. He’s on the same level as Mahomes.

He should have eaten the ball,and ran,instead of making an off balance wrongway running risky pass deep in our own zone.Does this coach MM not coach situational play? I still believe in Dak,but he is being put in bad situations by bad play calls,and coaching,but he also needs to make better decisions in critical situations,and sometimes just take a sack or run,and throw it away.His receivers also have to make the damm catch,so you can lay blame in a bunch of places here.
We are a good enough team that we do not need to take those kinds of risks,and its on the coaches as well for not running out the clock more,and forcing the Jags to use their timeouts,instead of that 3rd/10 bomb.
One more thing...run more than pass!
They have the formula to win.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#122 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:29 am

The Cowboys issues during the Romo years were rarely Romo too. The "dummies" are the ones who pin everything on the QB no questions asked. They lost? oh QB sucks.

I don't know how Marino managed to escape you fools.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#123 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:32 am

No one ever said that every throw Dak makes is perfect. That's called a strawman argument.

Dak's first INT was Dak's fault. Happy? I don't have an issue saying that.

His last INT was not and a blind man can see that. Why you guys can't own up to that is beyond me.

Overall, he performed a hell of a lot better than our defense did.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#124 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:40 am

Read on Twitter

Also, as pointed out all over Twitter. This is a Cowboy fan issue.

Seriously wtf is wrong with our fan base? You do not see this anywhere else. If any other QB throws that pass he is forgiven.

There are franchises with ZERO rings who give their QBs more respect than we do.

Do the 90s just spoil everyone into a "win now or you suck!" persona?
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#125 » by linery88 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:58 am

Here`s where I stand right now.

Daks interception ratio is worse this year than 2 seasons 2020-2021 combined.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/is-dak-prescott-playing-too-aggressively-jerry-jones-expresses-concern-with-cowboys-trend-222604904.html

Yeah Jerry is correct here,but I wish it wasn,t handled publicly.
Dak has to lead his WR better there in ot.He has struggled with that all season,and thats why we should run at a 60 percent clip or more.Now its a concern..the piks,and not just because of this game,but the last game against Houston,a 1 win team,even though they have figured something out,and are playing much better now.
Josh Allen was throwing piks in the other teams end zone,but thats fixed now.Hopefully Dak can escape,and avoid piks altogether,and have no more for the rest of the season.People in the front office,and enough fans dont care whether the balls were tipped anymore.Thats just how they see it,and I dont like whats happened in the last 2 games.You cant have piks cost you games,you just cant have it.A lot of people are not objective about this,and I get that.
The whole team lost this last game,so they should be better against Philly.
If they beat Philly its not that big a deal.If they lose because of piks...HUGE DEAL,but I think they will play better,but its in Dallas so if they try to impress the crowd with an air show we are in trouble.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#126 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:02 pm

Oh please. Dak blows. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Cowboys lose their next 3 games.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#127 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Oh please. Dak blows. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Cowboys lose their next 3 games.

And you've already pinned those 3 losses on Dak without even knowing what happened. :lol:

That's the depth of your football IQ.

Doesn't matter what happened, blame Dak.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#128 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:00 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Oh please. Dak blows. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Cowboys lose their next 3 games.

And you've already pinned those 3 losses on Dak without even knowing what happened. :lol:

Are you also writing all the sports pundits on ESPN, NFL Network, etc., and telling them all of them that they have no I.Q either? They almost repeated every word I said yesterday afternoon. yesterday? Just about everyone has been ripping Dak on Sports media this morning and this afternoon. Even the great Marcus Spears ripped Dak. Like I said yesterday, I believe you are alone on this one. Can't find one person in last 3 days that I have talked to or any posts in 3 different Cowboys forums going to bat for Dak. you are the only one.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#129 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:10 pm

WTF are you taking about I've only posted 100 tweets defending Dak in here :lol:

You need to agree with people because you can't think for yourself.

Read on Twitter
?t=MVYp0VcVICr9dFnTPE_7Zg&s=19

Are you taking about this Marcus Spears? Who thinks Dak is too good for Dallas and should go to San Fran?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#130 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=cwWrD5pnFE6XDka198rBiQ&s=19

Rex Ryan telling it how it is.

Dak put up all the points needed.

Our defense failed us.

Not Dak.

Brown failed us too though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:WTF are you taking about I've only posted 100 tweets defending Dak in here :lol:

Read on Twitter

Are you taking about this Marcus Spears? Who thinks Dak is too good for Dallas and should go to San Fran?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Dak has more INT's than games played so far this year. :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our defense failed us.

Not Dak.

You just can't face the fact Dak sucks and isn't the guy. I admit he puts numbers up from time to time, but never when it matters most. I mean after the defense got the fumble off Lawrence, your 95 million dollar boy couldn't even get 10 yards and a first down to win the game. :rofl: :rofl: What a loser. I mean you have to account for the 14-17 points Dak gives to the other team with his turnovers almost every other game and especially vs. the good teams. I think we are better with Cooper rush. At least he doesn't turn the ball over. Watch Dak lose to Gardiner Saturday !! :lol: :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#133 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Cowboys showing their ass

Serious question. Your the salary cap and contract expert in here. How much of a cap hit do we take, if at all, if we decide to trade Dak Prescott sometime after the season but before the draft? I see about 4 teams that could possibly be interested in Dak. Jets, Panthers, Texans and Saints.

They have a potential out after the 2023 season but would still have a dead cap hit of $39.9M. After the 2024 season that number drops to $21.8M.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next two seasons if Aaron Rodgers forces his way out of Green Bay. Would Rodgers be willing to come to Dallas if Sean Payton were the HC? He definitely wouldn’t if MM is still here.

Remember the thread over at DallasCowboy Universe that was started back in 2019, "Who here isn't sold on Dak Prescott" when you and I were there briefly? :lol: Anyways, its up to 69 pages as of today. Its quite the read! Funniest parts are what was said about him 3 years ago still holds true today. :lol: I believe I saw a few of your post in there as well. You questioned Dak's accuracy and decision making from the very beginning. :thumbsup: :wizard: You also kept mentioning in those reads that the Cowboys should draft a QB every year. :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#134 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

I watched the game twice as a matter of fact. I watched Dak throw an INT from deep from his own zone. Very costly for many reasons. Defense also gave Dak two short fields with turnover and ended up with only 2 field goals. Then I watched the defense get another turnover for Dak when Lawrence fumbled and couldn't even get 10 yards and a first down to win the game. 45 million for this? Then backed it up with a pick 6 to end the game.
So that's now 11 INT'S in his 9 games back. So far Dak has given up 47 points and counting since his return. Talk about putting the defense in bad spots all the time.
Now lets get to QBR. Dak is now 16th in total QBR as of yesterday. QB's like Carr, Geno Smith, Geoff, Brissett, Daniel Jones and Mariotta all have better QBR's. Nice to know we are getting our money's worth paying Dak top 6 QB money.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#135 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:53 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our defense failed us.

Not Dak.

With the help of getting short fields because of the turnover they got him. Then late in the game the defense gets a fumble off Lawrence and your 95 million dollar boy can't even get 10 yards and a first down to seal the game away. :crazy:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#136 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:57 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:WTF are you taking about I've only posted 100 tweets defending Dak in here :lol:

Read on Twitter

Yes, and your still the only poster I can find defending Dak. Don't care if you make 1 post or a 100. And on the other part, we couldn't be that lucky and ship Dak to the 49ers. I'm all for it. The sooner we get a real QB and head coach, the sooner we can get to the next level. Has to be priority #1 after the season.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#137 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=uDr1vswpneKSGwOh7HSMbQ&s=19

There you go.

Still Dak though I know
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#138 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Serious question. Your the salary cap and contract expert in here. How much of a cap hit do we take, if at all, if we decide to trade Dak Prescott sometime after the season but before the draft? I see about 4 teams that could possibly be interested in Dak. Jets, Panthers, Texans and Saints.

They have a potential out after the 2023 season but would still have a dead cap hit of $39.9M. After the 2024 season that number drops to $21.8M.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next two seasons if Aaron Rodgers forces his way out of Green Bay. Would Rodgers be willing to come to Dallas if Sean Payton were the HC? He definitely wouldn’t if MM is still here.

Remember the thread over at DallasCowboy Universe that was started back in 2019, "Who here isn't sold on Dak Prescott" when you and I were there briefly? :lol: Anyways, its up to 69 pages as of today. Its quite the read! Funniest parts are what was said about him 3 years ago still holds true today. :lol: I believe I saw a few of your post in there as well. You questioned Dak's accuracy and decision making from the very beginning. :thumbsup: :wizard: You also kept mentioning in those reads that the Cowboys should draft a QB every year. :nod:

**** that page. I did not get along with the guys there. I’d rather not discuss them at all.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#139 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=qS9s_Ad0BFdJnhJmdvsEBA&s=19

This dude spittin FACTS.

Buried in those facts, PFF only credits Dak with 6 ints that were actually his fault.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#140 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:They have a potential out after the 2023 season but would still have a dead cap hit of $39.9M. After the 2024 season that number drops to $21.8M.

**** that page. I did not get along with the guys there. I’d rather not discuss them at all.

Sorry about that. The real point I was trying to make when I brought up old posts, is that you had most of Dak's concerns we all had about him back 3 years ago. You questioned his decision making and accuracy from the start. That's all.

Return to Dallas Cowboys