Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Re: 2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#142 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:50 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Very solid pick. Local kid that should allow them to move on from Tyron next year. Now I want to see them trade up in to the 1st and draft Devin Lloyd or Jermaine Johnson.

He's a penalty machine. he should fit right in with the Cowboys. Cowboys are in for a very long year on offense. They may not even win the NFC least next season. Good thing I don't watch ESPN. Steven A. Smith will be :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl2:

He does have some technique issues he needs to clean up. When all is said and done though Cowboys fans will look at this pick like the Travis Fredrick pick. No one wanted Fredrick at the time and everyone felt he drafted at least a round too early.

Don't see it at all. Horrible pick. :noway:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#143 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Problem is Jerry doesn't listen to anyone. Especially the great football minds. Jerry has ruined this once proud, respected and extremely successful franchise into a laughing stalk. Way beyond embarrassing.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,505

Post#144 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:25 pm

The Cowboys best pick is likely Damone Clark. He might not play this year. But if he was healthy he would have been picked much earlier.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#145 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun May 1, 2022 2:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:The Cowboys best pick is likely Damone Clark. He might not play this year. But if he was healthy he would have been picked much earlier.

I’m subscribing to the “I trust Will McClay” theory with this draft. They filled positions of need. Whether they filled them with actual players is still to be revealed. But McClay has two years of productive drafts back to back so I’m trusting this one will be no different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#146 » by Mr B » Sun May 1, 2022 2:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The Cowboys best pick is likely Damone Clark. He might not play this year. But if he was healthy he would have been picked much earlier.

I’m subscribing to the “I trust Will McClay” theory with this draft. They filled positions of need. Whether they filled them with actual players is still to be revealed. But McClay has two years of productive drafts back to back so I’m trusting this one will be no different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That’s pretty much where I stand on this one too.
Mr B
RealGM

2022 Cowboys Draft 

Post#147 » by Mr B » Mon May 2, 2022 12:45 am

Here is the list of undrafted free agents the Cowboys have signed. A couple of interesting players on this list.

WR Dontario Drummond - Ole Miss
C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College
K Jonathan Garibay - Texas TechImage
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#148 » by Micah Prescott » Mon May 2, 2022 2:47 pm

Sam Williams ran a 4.38 on his Ole Miss Pro Day :o

Has the Ole Miss single season sack record

Was 5th overall in college sacks in 2021

On paper this guy is an early 1st rounder. If it translates we landed a stud.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#149 » by Mr B » Mon May 2, 2022 3:17 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Sam Williams ran a 4.38 on his Ole Miss Pro Day :o

Has the Ole Miss single season sack record

Was 5th overall in college sacks in 2021

On paper this guy is an early 1st rounder. If it translates we landed a stud.

The story I read about his pro day said Quinn went there to look at a couple different guys but by the end of the workout Quinn had focused on Smith and was running him through all kinds of drills and appeared enamored with Smith. I trust Dan Quinn to run his defense and if this is the guy he likes I’m cool with that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#150 » by Micah Prescott » Mon May 2, 2022 3:32 pm

He ran a 4.46 at the combine which was the 2nd fastest of all edge guys and faster than all of those taken before him. His 3-cone drill was up there too.

I'm struggling to figure out how Sam even fell to us. On paper the guy is elite. I guess he must lack in technique in some way.

I'm excited about this pick though.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#151 » by Mr B » Mon May 2, 2022 6:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Image

He ran a 4.46 at the combine which was the 2nd fastest of all edge guys and faster than all of those taken before him. His 3-cone drill was up there too.

I'm struggling to figure out how Sam even fell to us. On paper the guy is elite. I guess he must lack in technique in some way.

Hutchinson just played on a better team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#152 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 2, 2022 7:29 pm

Williams is a solid pick. He's someone I thought the Hawks might target in the third round.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#153 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 2, 2022 7:36 pm

Off the field issues. Along with consistency. Not great defending the run.

Here is a scouting report from Lance Zierlein:

Despite his troubling performance versus the run, Williams' pass-rush flashes tend to leave a more lasting impression. He was often overmatched and pummeled at the point of attack, failing to play with the effort and grit needed to stand up to SEC linemen. As a rusher, he gets off the ball quickly and attacks the pocket with the bend and hand work to gain entry into the backfield from a variety of angles. He projects as a potentially dangerous sub-package rusher who will need to get stronger and more competitive against the run if he wants to be considered for early down snaps.

He had him going in Rounds 3-5.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#154 » by Micah Prescott » Mon May 2, 2022 7:47 pm

Okay so he's an elite rush prospect who lacks at run support. Makes sense now.

Hopefully he knows that is his trouble area and works hard at repairing it. Work ethic is so important. He has the athletic tools obviously now he just needs to work hard. Some have the right mind set and some don't.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#155 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 2, 2022 8:04 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Okay so he's an elite rush prospect who lacks at run support. Makes sense now.

Hopefully he knows that is his trouble area and works hard at repairing it. Work ethic is so important. He has the athletic tools obviously now he just needs to work hard. Some have the right mind set and some don't.

I liked Nik Bonitto more as a prospect. But Williams has upside.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#156 » by Mr B » Mon May 2, 2022 8:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Okay so he's an elite rush prospect who lacks at run support. Makes sense now.

That’s where Dan Quinn comes in.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#157 » by Mr B » Wed May 4, 2022 10:31 pm

I was thinking about this again. Elite pass rush prospect who lacks at run support. Is that also the scouting report on Randy Gregory now?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#158 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 6, 2022 8:03 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Despite his troubling performance versus the run, Williams' pass-rush flashes tend to leave a more lasting impression. He was often overmatched and pummeled at the point of attack, failing to play with the effort and grit needed to stand up to SEC linemen. As a rusher, he gets off the ball quickly and attacks the pocket with the bend and hand work to gain entry into the backfield from a variety of angles. He projects as a potentially dangerous sub-package rusher who will need to get stronger and more competitive against the run if he wants to be considered for early down snaps.

Reading this and between the lines I can see why he dropped. Off filed issues, red flag. Not good vs. the run (what else is new for the Cowboys). Failing to play with the effort and grit needed(Big no no for me). Really. Great. Has no motor or heart. Wonderful. Once in a while he is a decent pass rusher. He might get a few stats when he goes up vs. Washington, the Giants and the few weaklings they play next year. Wow. I feel so much better.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#159 » by Mr B » Mon May 9, 2022 3:04 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Reading this and between the lines I can see why he dropped. Off filed issues, red flag. Not good vs. the run (what else is new for the Cowboys). Failing to play with the effort and grit needed(Big no no for me). Really. Great. Has no motor or heart. Wonderful. Once in a while he is a decent pass rusher. He might get a few stats when he goes up vs. Washington, the Giants and the few weaklings they play next year. Wow. I feel so much better.

I think one thing you will have to factor in when it comes to the Cowboys defense. Micah Parsons. Don’t forget his reputation at Penn State, he was a bully. He is not going to tolerate a loss by mentality in that locker room. Those guys will get weeded out fast, especially with Dan Quinn overseeing it all. If Williams can’t hack it he won’t be around long. I trust they will find someone though even if it isn’t Williams.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#160 » by Micah Prescott » Mon May 9, 2022 2:05 pm

William's sack numbers are up there. School record, and 5th overall in all of college football.

AT MINIMUM we have a great 3rd down guy.

Ideally he'd be an every down guy that is great against the run, but if I could only pick between QB pressure and run defense I am taking QB pressure because this is a passing league we are in.

I think Williams is a pretty safe pick where his floor is 3rd down pass rusher and his ceiling is elite.

Return to Dallas Cowboys