ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Re: Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#141 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:11 pm

Read on Twitter

I love this play. Like Buck says it was a breakdown in coverage BUT...even if they had not blown the coverage Dallas managed to get Lamb on a linebacker which is a matchup he would win 10 times out of 10.

It's not a regular trips formation, there are 2 slot WRs lined up, Lamb is the inside. I mean it's borderline like Lamb is at Tight End. And then you have a confused linebacker on Lamb who doesn't know what to do.

This is the kind of creative stuff we are going to need if to beat San Fran
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#142 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Ah good to know. Maybe what I had read was only including the modern North, East, South, West. The list you have above is probably that as well.

Regardless... it's a rarity and when considering that most experts (and fans) thought we were headed for another NFC Least run, pretty damn solid. Shame the sorry Washington franchise with their sh***y owner couldn't have pulled off grabbing that last slot.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,504

Post#143 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:23 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Not in retirement he won't... unless he plans on doing this to his kids.

He probably does. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#144 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:16 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I root for Dak to succeed because I am a Cowboys fan. It comes with the territory :lol:

You have declared that he sucks and you want to move on from him. You want a new QB.

And now you want to celebrate when he does well? Nope.

Hell even with this monster game he just had you're still like "but....but..but". If he plays well against SF and Dallas wins if you don't flat out say "I was wrong about Dak" then you are an absolute joke. I mean you should be saying it now but you aren't. Still want Cooper Rush in there who only scored 2 TDs one time this season.

Go over to dallascowboyuniverse and sportshoopla. There are easily 30-40 full time posters that trash and hate Dak even worse than I do. I would love for you to go over there and join and post the same sediments over there that you do here regarding dak. They will eat you alive. And I would also love to see you try and tell them they are bandwagoner fans and don't have the right to call out Dak, Jerry or anyone else when they suck or don't like what is going on or what they are doing. Go for it. Unless they totally agree with you about Dak and Jerry, none of us has any right to express how we feel. You know how stupid you sound when you try to tell the majority of Cowboys fans we have no right to call out Dak or Jerry when they suck and do harm to our team. That makes us less of a fan. I mean wow, Dak plays one clean and perfect game in 7 years and we are suppose to forget about all the previous misery, choking, horrible decisions, not living up to expectations, etc,. When was the last time Dak played 3 flawless games in a row? Opps, my bad, none. It takes 3 excellent games in a row to even make it to a super bowl. Until Dak can do that, he will NEVER be elite or even mentioned.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#145 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I root for Dak to succeed because I am a Cowboys fan. It comes with the territory :lol:

You have declared that he sucks and you want to move on from him. You want a new QB.

Hell even with this monster game he just had you're still like "but....but..but". If he plays well against SF and Dallas wins if you don't flat out say "I was wrong about Dak" then you are an absolute joke. I mean you should be saying it now but you aren't. Still want Cooper Rush in there who only scored 2 TDs one time this season.

Go over to dallascowboyuniverse and sportshoopla. There are easily 30-40 full time posters that trash and hate Dak even worse than I do. I would love for you to go over there and join and post the same sediments over there that you do here regarding dak. They will eat you alive. And I would also love to see you try and tell them they are bandwagoner fans and don't have the right to call out Dak, Jerry or anyone else when they suck or don't like what is going on or what they are doing. Go for it. Unless they totally agree with you about Dak and Jerry, none of us has any right to express how we feel. You know how stupid you sound when you try to tell the majority of Cowboys fans we have no right to call out Dak or Jerry when they suck and do harm to our team. That makes us less of a fan. I mean wow, Dak plays one clean and perfect game in 7 years and we are suppose to forget about all the previous misery, choking, horrible decisions, not living up to expectations, etc,. When was the last time Dak played 3 flawless games in a row? Opps, my bad, none. It takes 3 excellent games in a row to even make it to a super bowl. Until Dak can do that, he will NEVER be elite or even mentioned.

There are literally thousands of Dak haters on Twitter right now you think I care about 40 posters on Sportshoopla? I'll call out all of them and every last one of them eating crow right now and just waiting for Dak to lose against SF so that they can say "SEE!!!"

"See guys!? Dak sucks and Jerry Jones is the worst, and we'll never win anything ever, booohooohooo!!!"

That's you. Not me.

It's fair to call Dak out when he plays poorly, but it is not fair to declare that we can't win with him and then celebrate when we do. Sorry pal. The day you get me to stop with this is the day you say "I was wrong" and we all know you're too much of a knucklehead for that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#146 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:50 pm

If Dallas can beat SF all of us including myself need to eat crow on McCarthy. And I hope that happens I would love to say I was wrong about him. We aren't beating that team without a focused and advanced game plan going in.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#147 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:04 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

There are literally thousands of Dak haters on Twitter right now you think I care about 40 posters on Sportshoopla? I'll call out all of them and every last one of them eating crow right now and just waiting for Dak to lose against SF so that they can say "SEE!!!"

"See guys!? Dak sucks and Jerry Jones is the worst, and we'll never win anything ever, booohooohooo!!!"

That's you. Not me.

It's fair to call Dak out when he plays poorly, but it is not fair to declare that we can't win with him and then celebrate when we do. Sorry pal. The day you get me to stop with this is the day you say "I was wrong" and we all know you're too much of a knucklehead for that.

Get back to us when Dak finally accomplishes something and meets expectations. Its been 7 years, were all still waiting. As far as Jerry, its been 26 years and we are still waiting for him to come through.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#148 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:50 pm

Meets expectations? He just got done completely obliterating your expectations. When he blew out the Vikings and Eagles it was "this doesn't matter we need to see him play well in the post season". Welp here he is, playing lights out in the post season, and here you are continuing to push your "this game doesn't matter" line because admitting that Dak played great is just too difficult for you.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#149 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:54 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Meets expectations? He just got done completely obliterating your expectations. When he blew out the Vikings and Eagles it was "this doesn't matter we need to see him play well in the post season". Welp here he is, playing lights out in the post season, and here you are continuing to push your "this game doesn't matter" line because admitting that Dak played great is just too difficult for you.

He's still mad we missed out on Connor Cook & Paxton Lynch in that draft... not much you can do to change his mind anymore than trying to convince him that DWare is a legitimate Hall of Famer.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#150 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:10 pm

Whatever the price is to keep this man in Dallas...

Pay it.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=KGtCfuAqtIsniL1V1cTq8Q
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#151 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Meets expectations? He just got done completely obliterating your expectations. When he blew out the Vikings and Eagles it was "this doesn't matter we need to see him play well in the post season". Welp here he is, playing lights out in the post season, and here you are continuing to push your "this game doesn't matter" line because admitting that Dak played great is just too difficult for you.

Hasn't come close to meeting expectations. You have already forgotten the expectations set by Jerry, McCarthy and the team before the season even started. "Anything short of a championship would be a failure." I come from a generation where that was the only standard for almost 2 decades. If Dak and the boys don't win this week, its a failure. Not just mine, but the whole team and organization. :nod:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#152 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 pm

That's the TEAM's expectations, not Dak's all by himself. That's your other issue, you haven't matured out of the idea that a football game is nothing more than a tennis match between two QBs. If the fact that Brock Purdy has a great shot at a title doesn't wake you up to reality then nothing will. Purdy isn't the best QB in the league he just has the best roster around him.

Dak should be graded on HIS contribution and not the win or loss. He could go out there and throw 4TDs and we still lose on a Maher kick. But your brain is wired to only conclude that L = QB BAD; W = QB GOOD.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#153 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:That's the TEAM's expectations, not Dak's all by himself. That's your other issue, you haven't matured out of the idea that a football game is nothing more than a tennis match between two QBs. If the fact that Brock Purdy has a great shot at a title doesn't wake you up to reality then nothing will. Purdy isn't the best QB in the league he just has the best roster around him.

Dak should be graded on HIS contribution and not the win or loss. He could go out there and throw 4TDs and we still lose on a Maher kick. But your brain is wired to only conclude that L = QB BAD; W = QB GOOD.

So Dak doesn't have the same expectations as the rest of the team, his coach and owner? :lol: :lol: Good one. So your telling me and the rest of us he's not all in with everyone else in the organization. :crazy: :crazy:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#154 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:That's the TEAM's expectations, not Dak's all by himself. That's your other issue, you haven't matured out of the idea that a football game is nothing more than a tennis match between two QBs. If the fact that Brock Purdy has a great shot at a title doesn't wake you up to reality then nothing will. Purdy isn't the best QB in the league he just has the best roster around him.

Already looking for excuses for Dak before the game even begins. At least your consistent.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#155 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

So Dak doesn't have the same expectations as the rest of the team, his coach and owner? :lol: :lol: Good one. So your telling me and the rest of us he's not all in with everyone else in the organization. :crazy: :crazy:

What???

The team AS A WHOLE (including Dak) has expectations to win a Championship. Dak shouldn't have his own private separate expectations because that is completely illogical due to the fact that everyone contributes to the final score and not just Dak all by himself.

Does Micah Parsons have his own separate expectations? If Dallas loses should we declare that you can't win a ring with Micah Parsons leading the defense?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#156 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:30 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

What???

The team AS A WHOLE (including Dak) has expectations to win a Championship. Dak shouldn't have his own private separate expectations because that is completely illogical due to the fact that everyone contributes to the final score and not just Dak all by himself.

Does Micah Parsons have his own separate expectations? If Dallas loses should we declare that you can't win a ring with Micah Parsons leading the defense?

:crazy: :crazy: :lol: :clown:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#157 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:36 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I guess if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=14FLSULKigdXKf65GA6spg

He did the same thing to Tariq Woolen earlier this year.

Read on Twitter

He's does stuff like this all the time & gets away with it.

Not in retirement he won't... unless he plans on doing this to his kids.

He does some creepy stuff with his kids.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#158 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Going over the 49ers recent games. Man, they are really good. I've had it in my mind that they are just a defensive juggernaut but the reality is that their offense is just as dominant. They put up lots of points and I am not sure how we are supposed to contain McCaffery. For us to win this game our offense is going to need to stay on the field and we are definitely going to need some fortunate turnovers.

I don't like our odds at winning this at all TBH and I think the 49ers are the best team remaining. I expect them to win the Super Bowl. If we do manage to get by them, we are going all the way lol.

Defending the run has been our weakness all year long and this will be the best rushing attack we’ve seen this year. Not to mention they have Deebo and Kittles. Not feeling great about this one. Also the Niners’ gave physicality gave the Cowboys fits last year. Sunday could be a long day.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#159 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:40 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The 49ers have won their last 11 games and are undefeated since signing McCaffrey.

How is the spread only 3.5 points? We just got raped by Washington 2 games ago and just being at home is supposed to be a 3 point lean.

I might have to place a bet on the 49ers and if I lose oh well. This spread is just off.

They’re also 11-0 since Purdy took over.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#160 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Apparently this is the first time in NFL history that 3 teams from the same division are all in the divisional round of the playoffs.

NFCE baby.

Someone asked about this on Twitter...

Here is every time a division has had three teams make the playoffs:

• 2006 NFC East: Eagles (10–6), Cowboys (9–7), Giants (8–8)
  • 2007 NFC East: Cowboys (13–3), Giants (10–6), Washington (9–7)
  • 2007 AFC South: Colts (13–3), Jaguars (11–5), Titans (10–6)
  • 2011 AFC North: Ravens (12–4), Steelers (12–4), Bengals (9–7)
  • 2013 AFC West: Broncos (13–3), Chiefs (11–5), Chargers (9–7)
  • 2014 AFC North: Steelers (11–5), Bengals (10-5-1), Ravens (10–6)
  • 2017 NFC South: Saints (11–5), Panthers (11–5), Falcons (10–6)
  • 2020 AFC North: Steelers (12–4), Ravens (11–5), Browns (11–5)
  • 2021 NFC West: Rams (12–5), Cardinals (11–6), 49ers (10–7)
  • 2022 NFC East: Eagles (14–3), Cowboys (12–5), Giants (9–7-1)

Divisional round though? I think this is the first time past the Wild Card round.

I don’t think it’s the first time 3 teams have made the Divisional Round but it is the first time since like ‘97 or something like that.

Return to Dallas Cowboys