ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#161 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Meets expectations? He just got done completely obliterating your expectations. When he blew out the Vikings and Eagles it was "this doesn't matter we need to see him play well in the post season". Welp here he is, playing lights out in the post season, and here you are continuing to push your "this game doesn't matter" line because admitting that Dak played great is just too difficult for you.

Expectations are a bit higher than that. You’re talking to guys that have watched this team win multiple SB’s. Winning in the regular season is fun and all but it’s not the ultimate goal. The goal is the Lombardi trophy and this still has to prove it can get past the Divisional Round much less get to the SB. This is Dak’s legacy game up to this point in his career. Dak is the leader of this team so it starts with him like it or not. His legacy is still on the line here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#162 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:15 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The 49ers have won their last 11 games and are undefeated since signing McCaffrey.

How is the spread only 3.5 points? We just got raped by Washington 2 games ago and just being at home is supposed to be a 3 point lean.

I might have to place a bet on the 49ers and if I lose oh well. This spread is just off.

They’re also 11-0 since Purdy took over.

Niners played only 3 teams all year that had winning records. Kansas City, Chargers and Miami. They got blown out by the Chiefs. All their wins and over rated numbers came against the likes of teams like the Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Raiders and Commanders. We can beat this team if the defense plays lights out, dumb Dak plays a clean game, keep penalties to a very minimum and match or surpass their physicality.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,189

Post#163 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Meets expectations? He just got done completely obliterating your expectations. When he blew out the Vikings and Eagles it was "this doesn't matter we need to see him play well in the post season". Welp here he is, playing lights out in the post season, and here you are continuing to push your "this game doesn't matter" line because admitting that Dak played great is just too difficult for you.

Expectations are a bit higher than that. You’re talking to guys that have watched this team win multiple SB’s. Winning in the regular season is fun and all but it’s not the ultimate goal. The goal is the Lombardi trophy and this still has to prove it can get past the Divisional Round much less get to the SB. This is Dak’s legacy game up to this point in his career. Dak is the leader of this team so it starts with him like it or not. His legacy is still on the line here.

No that is the team's expectations.

BJJ's (and your) expectations for Dak going into the Tampa Bay game is that we would lose because Dak sucks and is "dumb".

Remember this:
Mr B wrote:Until the Cowboys can prove that they can win in the playoffs I’m expecting a loss. Brady will make his record 8-0 against the Cowboys on Monday night.

So he has already beaten your expectations, now your moving goal posts, which you could do forever. "Oh Dak only has 2 rings he needs 4 until he can prove he's better than Aikman and the Jimmy dynasty, that's what Dallas fans are used to".
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#164 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:37 pm

Anyway my expecations for the 9ers game is that we will lose, so if we win it will surpass my own expectations.

Has nothing to do with Dak though, I believe he is better than Purdy. Purdy just has the far superior team and offensive around him. If Dak has struggles it will likely be because Bosa and company are giving him fits and not because he sucks compared to Purdy.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#165 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:32 pm

Mr B wrote:

Expectations are a bit higher than that. You’re talking to guys that have watched this team win multiple SB’s. Winning in the regular season is fun and all but it’s not the ultimate goal. The goal is the Lombardi trophy and Dak still has to prove it can get past the Divisional Round much less get to the SB. This is Dak’s legacy game up to this point in his career. Dak is the leader of this team so it starts with him like it or not. His legacy is still on the line here.

:bowdown: :thumbsup:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#166 » by Mr B » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

BJJ's (and your) expectations for Dak going into the Tampa Bay game is that we would lose because Dak sucks and is "dumb".

Remember this:
Mr B wrote:Until the Cowboys can prove that they can win in the playoffs I’m expecting a loss. Brady will make his record 8-0 against the Cowboys on Monday night.

So he has already beaten your expectations, now your moving goal posts, which you could do forever. "Oh Dak only has 2 rings he needs 4 until he can prove he's better than Aikman and the Jimmy dynasty, that's what Dallas fans are used to".

Hey if you’re cool with just winning Wild Card games that’s on you. You can give yourself a participation trophy and move on. Personally my standards for this team are MUCH higher. Like I said the other day I’m not going to anoint Dak Prescott a Dallas Cowboys legend and SB winner until he actually does it. Last week was great but winning 2 playoffs games (not in the same year) is not the goal. The Lombardi trophy is the goal.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#167 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:07 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Expectations are a bit higher than that. You’re talking to guys that have watched this team win multiple SB’s. Winning in the regular season is fun and all but it’s not the ultimate goal. The goal is the Lombardi trophy and this still has to prove it can get past the Divisional Round much less get to the SB. This is Dak’s legacy game up to this point in his career. Dak is the leader of this team so it starts with him like it or not. His legacy is still on the line here.

Remember this:

Hey if you’re cool with just winning Wild Card games that’s on you. You can give yourself a participation trophy and move on. Personally my standards for this team are MUCH higher. Like I said the other day I’m not going to anoint Dak Prescott a Dallas Cowboys legend and SB winner until he actually does it. Last week was great but winning 2 playoffs games (not in the same year) is not the goal. The Lombardi trophy is the goal.

:rofl: :rofl:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#168 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:29 pm

More strawman. I'm cool sticking with Dak BECAUSE I believe he can win a ring given he's on the right team.

You two clowns have already declared you can't win with Dak. So now you are moving the goal posts.

And if Dallas beats the 49ers you'll move them again. And then again, and again.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#169 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:44 pm

Wrong and more putting words in the mouth of others on your part that are not true and totally false. I can't speak for everyone in here, but I can honestly say that Mr. B and I have been saying anything short of winning a Super Bowl or Championship game is a failure even before we came here 8 years ago after leaving Sportshoopla and Dallas cowboy universe. Like Mr. B. told you the other day, you and Dak got your participation trophy for winning the wild card game last week. Good for you guys, now move on. The majority of the other Cowboy fans have never moved the goal posts. Its always been Super bowl or bust since the 70's. Nothing has changed on our end. The only time the goal posts get moved is when Dak stinks up the joint so bad you then start searching for excuses on his behalf. :noway: :crazy: :naaa: :kissmybutt: :pityfool:
Mr B
RealGM

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#170 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:42 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:More strawman. I'm cool sticking with Dak BECAUSE I believe he can win a ring given he's on the right team.

You two clowns have already declared you can't win with Dak. So now you are moving the goal posts.

And if Dallas beats the 49ers you'll move them again. And then again, and again.

Actually I believe I’ve said (many times) that I need to see Dak do it before I anoint him.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#171 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:More strawman. I'm cool sticking with Dak BECAUSE I believe he can win a ring given he's on the right team.

Actually I believe I’ve said (many times) that I need to see Dak do it before I anoint him.

Nope you said he sucks and that you hope we lose so that we can move on from him.

It's okay to own up, I'll be doing it with McCarthy of they win today. Just admit Dak is better than you expected and move on. BJJ can't do it but you might have the maturity to
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,726

Post#172 » by Fierce1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:00 pm

Dak can do it.

He just needs to do it today.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#173 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Dak can do it.

Today is the most difficult day. This might be the best defense he's ever faced.

The defense needs to step up big too. We need to keep them under 28 points
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,726

Post#174 » by Fierce1 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Dak can do it.

Today is the most difficult day. This might be the best defense he's ever faced.

The defense needs to step up big too. We need to keep them under 28 points

I'm not worried about Dak against any defense.

What worries me is this 49ers offense seems to have no weaknesses.

Only thing I can think of is force the Niners to abandon the run game and let Purdy beat the Cowboys.

Purdy is a rookie.

Let's see what happens.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#175 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:09 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Nope you said he sucks and that you hope we lose so that we can move on from him.

It's okay to own up, I'll be doing it with McCarthy of they win today. Just admit Dak is better than you expected and move on. BJJ can't do it but you might have the maturity to

Oh yea I did say that. Hey if I’m wrong I’ll gladly eat crow. So far he’s not doing much to prove me wrong.

Return to Dallas Cowboys