Post#181 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:45 am

Dak haters win tonight. Congrats
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,505

Re: ** Divisional Round - Cowboys vs. 49ers ** 

Post#182 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:48 am

linery88 wrote:Go Philly.So sick of losing to this team.

I got the Eagles winning next week. They've always struggled against running QB's.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#183 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:50 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak haters win tonight. Congrats

You still don’t get the point do you. As fans we all lose, THAT’S why they have to find a new QB. Dak just finished year 7, if they were going to win with him they would have done it by now. He’s had elite teams around him and and elite OL’s and still can get it done. What what he’s getting paid he needs to be a difference maker, not n a good way not a bad way. They could have got this performance out of Derek Carr.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#184 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:53 am

They were the better team going in but not by a lot.We made too many errors,and had bad luck.If we do the opposite,we win every time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#185 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:53 am

Mr B wrote:

You still don’t get the point do you. As fans we all lose, THAT’S why they have to find a new QB. Dak just finished year 7, if they were going to win with him they would have done it by now. He’s had elite teams around him and and elite OL’s and still can get it done. What what he’s getting paid he needs to be a difference maker, not n a good way not a bad way. They could have got this performance out of Derek Carr.

The window only last so long. With the defense and the team as a whole that is currently constructed, I would seriously consider trading Dak for Rodgers before the window closes.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#186 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:04 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The window only last so long. With the defense and the team as a whole that is currently constructed, I would seriously consider trading Dak for Rodgers before the window closes.

Would you also include Brady on that list ?
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#187 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:07 am

Mr B wrote:

Disagree 100%

Stafford just won one.

QB prime is early-mid 30s now. Dak is 29, not they're yet
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#188 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:08 am

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:You still don’t get the point do you. As fans we all lose, THAT’S why they have to find a new QB. Dak just finished year 7, if they were going to win with him they would have done it by now. He’s had elite teams around him and and elite OL’s and still can get it done. What what he’s getting paid he needs to be a difference maker, not n a good way not a bad way. They could have got this performance out of Derek Carr.

What?

Rodgers and Brady did way worse than Dak this season. And they are both a decade older or more
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#189 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:09 am

Losing Pollard did something to their confidence level.This team has to play flawless to win.Cant recall the last ugly win where we had no business winning a game happened.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#190 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:11 am

Over reactions going to overreact I guess.

No credit to the elite SF defense.

Dak exceeded *most* expectations this season, we took a step in the right direction. Time to take another step next season.

We have young people in key locations. Micah, Tyler, Lamb
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#191 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:27 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The window only last so long. With the defense and the team as a whole that is currently constructed, I would seriously consider trading Dak for Rodgers before the window closes.

What?

Rodgers and Brady did way worse than Dak this season. And they are both a decade older or more

I know It will never happen.I posed the question strictly for discussion purposes because I am so frustrated by this loss.The idea sounds good in theory though.Imagine Rodgers;the guy who beats our brains in with his elite passes coming here.
Either they draft a high pick QB somehow,or Dak has to practice his accuracy...somethings gotta give.
Even when he wasn,t pressured Dak would throw behind open receivers,and I think it happened when Gallup was open on a play.
The answer is to Cooper Dak;meaning have the same gameplan we did when we won with Coop.I cant help wonder how Cooper would have faired in this game,knowing we would have probably played more conservative under him.We should be doing that with Dak all the time now,or at least until his int ,or overall numbers improve.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#192 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:31 am

Rodgers and Brady are both completely washed and old and I expect both to retire.

Dak was amazing against Tampa Bay. The difference was that San Fran has the best defense in the NFL.

San Fran makes every QB look like doo doo. That's why they are where they are. That's why Purdy will be the first rookie to win a ring.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#193 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:36 am

I,m picking Cinncy to win it all...Go Bengals !
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#194 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:37 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Over reactions going to overreact I guess.

Dak exceeded *most* expectations this season, we took a step in the right direction. Time to take another step next season.

And with another solid draft, we continue to move forward.

My thoughts…

1. Dak isn’t going anywhere. Not for a couple of years. And he isn’t tradable regardless of what the capologists on this forum seem to think. So…
2. Get a new OC in here and see if there is anything that can be done to get his head right with ball. Can’t keep throwing into double coverage like that.
3. Franchise Pollard… which can be done once they…
4. Cut Zeke or redo his contract because he isn’t going to be on this roster with that cap hit.
5. Make a decision on DLaw because his cap hit needs to be changed as well.

Probably a lot more but that’s as good a place to start as any.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#195 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:49 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Over reactions going to overreact I guess.

And with another solid draft, we continue to move forward.

My thoughts…

1. Dak isn’t going anywhere. Not for a couple of years. And he isn’t tradable regardless of what the capologists on this forum seem to think. So…
2. Get a new OC in here and see if there is anything that can be done to get his head right with ball. Can’t keep throwing into double coverage like that.
3. Franchise Pollard… which can be done once they…
4. Cut Zeke or redo his contract because he isn’t going to be on this roster with that cap hit.
5. Make a decision on DLaw because his cap hit needs to be changed as well.

Probably a lot more but that’s as good a place to start as any.

Word

I'll add

6. Sign big FA WR.

We traded Cooper away on the idea that Gallup could step up and fill the void. Gallup has regressed big time. Maybe his injury. Gallup needs to be cut TBH.

We need more weapons than just Lamb.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#196 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Word

I'll add

6. Sign big FA WR.

We traded Cooper away on the idea that Gallup could step up and fill the void. Gallup has regressed big time. Maybe his injury. Gallup needs to be cut TBH.

Yep...

I might also toss in the reality that we may need to rethink throwing a bag of money at Diggs. To say he's regressed from last season is an understatement.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#197 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:44 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Word

I'll add

6. Sign big FA WR.

Yep...

I might also toss in the reality that we may need to rethink throwing a bag of money at Diggs. To say he's regressed from last season is an understatement.

True, however maybe that means he can be had for cheaper. The issue is that we are already very thin at CB.

Draft priorities:

-DT
-CB
-RB
-WR
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#198 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:True, however maybe that means he can be had for cheaper. The issue is that we are already very thin at CB.

Draft priorities:

-DT
-CB
-RB
-WR

Let's not forget offensive line... because LG will be a need and unless Tyron Smith doesn't redo his deal he may be a cap casualty as well.

Bottom line is that was probably as close to a NFC Championship game as this team gets for a couple of years. We have issues.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#199 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:03 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:True, however maybe that means he can be had for cheaper. The issue is that we are already very thin at CB.

Draft priorities:

-DT
-CB
-RB
-WR

Let's not forget offensive line... because LG will be a need and unless Tyron Smith doesn't redo his deal he may be a cap casualty as well.

Bottom line is that was probably as close to a NFC Championship game as this team gets for a couple of years. We have issues.

If we can address one of those with a big FA signing and then the rest through the draft...

I think next year will look similar to this year. We'll easily walk into the playoffs but then what? Even if we go 17-0 people won't buy us as legit. It makes it hard to care about the regular season unfortunately. It's like you can watch the entire season by just tuning into 2 games. Oh well, long time from now. In the mean time I guess we'll watch the 49ers win a ring because I do believe that is what will happen. No one can score on that defense, Hurts certainly won't do well. You can't run on them and that leaves the QB helpless. Purdy will be the first rookie QB with a ring.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#200 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

The problem is $89M in dead cap. Unfortunately they have Dak for at very least 1 more season but more than likely 2 more seasons. I say draft a guy to start grooming as Dak’s eventual replacement.

Return to Dallas Cowboys