ImageImageImageImage

Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Re: Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season? 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:50 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like we are going to start practice squad players on the D-line next year. Gregory suspended, Hardy gone hopefully, Mincy is a royal piece of garbage and now what's his name won't be ready for the start of next year because his off season surgery didn't go so well. Didn't want to mention his name for jinx purposes. So lets just draft a damn QB who is not the guy, and watch Romo and our back up QB's get crushed for 3 years while we are playing from behind all the time and taking 3 times the hits. Just peel back and go after the QB and hit the hell out of them because no matter what we will score vs. their defense. This defense going into next year looks like a defense that will give up 34 - 38 points a game. I can't see Romo staying healthy playing from behind all season, and I can't see any QB growing in this system in the same scenario.

Or... We can draft all defensive players and keep Moore as our backup and watch this team go 5-12 once Romo gets hurt again. Then once Romo is retired in 2 years we can go back to the Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson days!!! Can't wait!!

Or, we can make a deal, move back a little for some extra picks, still go out and draft all defense. Sign RGIII. In the end we could 8-) get 3 first round impact picks, one of which is your QB.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#22 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Looks like we are going to start practice squad players on the D-line next year. Gregory suspended, Hardy gone hopefully, Mincy is a royal piece of garbage and now what's his name won't be ready for the start of next year because his off season surgery didn't go so well. Didn't want to mention his name for jinx purposes. So lets just draft a damn QB who is not the guy, and watch Romo and our back up QB's get crushed for 3 years while we are playing from behind all the time and taking 3 times the hits. Just peel back and go after the QB and hit the hell out of them because no matter what we will score vs. their defense. This defense going into next year looks like a defense that will give up 34 - 38 points a game. I can't see Romo staying healthy playing from behind all season, and I can't see any QB growing in this system in the same scenario.

Or... We can draft all defensive players and keep Moore as our backup and watch this team go 5-12 once Romo gets hurt again. Then once Romo is retired in 2 years we can go back to the Chad Hutchinson and Drew Henson days!!! Can't wait!!

Or, we can make a deal, move back a little for some extra picks, still go out and draft all defense. Sign RGIII. In the end we could 8-) get 3 first round impact picks, one of which is your QB.

As I said, back to the Drew Henson and Chad Hutchinson days. RGIII sucks. He's a 1 read QB. All his success came on being able to make 1 read, and if his guy wasn't open he'd take off running. Now his knee is completely shot and he's still just a 1 read guy. Shanahan himself has said the guy can't read defenses. He sucks worse than Kellen Moore.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:16 pm

Not so sure about that, now that I have given this some thought. This could be very huge for us if you really think about it.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#24 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not so sure about that, now that I have given this some thought. This could be very huge for us if you really think about it.

If you mean huge failure then I agree completely.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:42 pm

What I am going to admit on this day, and that is I must give Steven Jones some love and credit here. I've been incredibly hard on him and especially, crap for brains, Jerry. But somehow he has reigned in Daddy the past 3 years, got us out of salary cap hell and done a pretty damn good job in the draft the past 2 years. He has seen the mistakes of daddy (over spending with reject free agents) and is trying take us down a different path. If we can have another big hit in the draft this year, stay healthy with our 4th place schedule, we could have a fairly easy run for a division title and playoff birth.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:No way. With this crap going on with Gregory now, are we going keep Hardy now? Perhaps McClain. We have only ONE PLAYER ON DEFENSE, AND I MEAN ONLY ONE PLAYER ON DEFENSE NOW. And he can only stay health half a season. This defense is totally doomed unless the whole draft goes to the defense. JMHO, but so far I have been spot on now for 4 years running. :noway:

I still feel the same way today especially even more now with Lawrence being suspended. I was kinda hoping to pick up an Rb and maybe another WR, but I personally feel we have no other choice now than to go all out on defense this year. We still may be in huge trouble because it appears to me that the culture at all hasn't changes with Jerry's play toy. Just think, last year Jerry wanted to bring in Manziel. so that means the next junkie or thug is up. Dallas takes Bosa at #4. We could be in very serious trouble this year guys. Don't worry Mr. B., you just may get your wish next year with QB. Because if this all blows up, which I think has a very good chance of doing if we don't draft right, and if Romo goes down again, we will be near the very top drafting your QB next year. Looking at all the holes we have going into this year's draft, now all these suspensions, etc., Romo's health and we haven't even begun to get into injuries. Seems like the injury bug has also played its role over the years making things extremely difficult for us. Like I said, if this all blows up, Romo gets hurt early again like last year, I can see us winning only 3 or 4 games again this year if we have a bad draft.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:50 am

Now that QB is off the board for the Cowboys I've been going over every scenario and looking at the positives of each scenario.

If Bosa is the guy I really want them to draft heavy on the DL. So Bosa with the 1st pick, and either Bullard, Billings, Ogbah, or Dodd with the 2nd pick. Then in the 4th draft Ronald Blair. That's 3 studs in a rotation with Crawford, Thornton, and David Irving. Also with Lawrence and Gregory when/if they get back.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Ready for another 4-12 season guys? Here it comes. I bet Romo and Witten are so happy we picked up a defensive player that can't play till 2017. Better yet, we can't draft or know how to, so lets go back to signing FA scrubs from other teams with big contract. At least we get some defensive help once in a while. If we don't draft, or know how to, then les go back to salary cap hell with other teams rejects. Its more fun. Think about it, all - stars all over the place on offense, and practice squad players on defense. Why didn't we all think of that? Quite the trend and marketing ploy. I need to go back to college. I had no idea Jerry was this smart. Maybe I can get him as a instructor.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun May 8, 2016 7:20 pm

You would think, after almost 30 years of owning this team, that Jerry would have figured out by now that defenses win championships, and not just in football.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue May 10, 2016 6:12 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You would think, after almost 30 years of owning this team, that Jerry would have figured out by now that defenses win championships, and not just in football.

Considering his team's offense was so dominant in the 90's it's pretty easy to see why he hasn't figured it out yet.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#31 » by HMFFL » Wed May 11, 2016 2:35 am

As long as we stay healthy I like our chances to win the division.

Currently projected to win according to the Vegas odds.
Cowboys +160
Giants +220
Redskins +400
Eagles +500
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Wed May 11, 2016 7:08 pm

I actually think the Cowboys will run away with the division. If they can't develop or even manufacture a pass rush though they will be 1 and done in the playoffs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed May 11, 2016 11:47 pm

I think I will stay away from this one as well. Today's Cowboy fans are happy with a division title. The real America's Team Cowboy fan finds it unacceptable that we have fans that feel that way. I have to find another forum, wow.
Mr B
RealGM

Are The Cowboy's Doomed This Season? 

Post#34 » by Mr B » Thu May 12, 2016 5:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think I will stay away from this one as well. Today's Cowboy fans are happy with a division title. The real America's Team Cowboy fan finds it unacceptable that we have fans that feel that way. I have to find another forum, wow.

Have to crawl before you can walk
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 12, 2016 10:45 pm

We've been crawling for 20 years now.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#36 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun May 15, 2016 2:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:We've been crawling for 20 years now.

Well - we actually did get up under Parcells but got kicked in the nuts back in 2007.

Friggin' Crayton...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Wasn't all Crayton's fault. Defense let us down just before the half and last drive of the game. Sound familiar?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 am

Yep. But - making those two EASY (easy for your average WR) catches completely changes that game. No?
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mr B » Sat May 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Roadhog Moran wrote:Yep. But - making those two EASY (easy for your average WR) catches completely changes that game. No?

They likely win that game if he makes those catches
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Two ways to look at it but not saying you guys are wrong though. Defense can't make a stop or defensive stand on the of each half by the Giants. When it counts, everything on the line, our defense has not come through in years. Its been so long I can't remember when the defense made the difference. If we had a defense, Crayton is not the scapegoat.

Return to Dallas Cowboys