ImageImageImageImage

Dak thread

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Re: Dak: 4 years, $160m 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:27 pm

He can do all he wants to repair the damage he's done. Doesn't change my mind one bit. Bad contract on Jerry's part once again. Dak is not the guy. He doesn't make people and the stars around him any better. There is no way in hell he can put the team on his shoulders and carry an offense. We've seen it now for 5 years. He ain't got it. He will never have it. Cowboys are screwed. Plus he is dumb as a door nail. He couldn't read a defense even if they held up a sign telling what they were going to do. You guys can have your unhealthy man crash with Dak for the next 4 years, but I'm over it. He may not be a physical whimp, but he sure is a mental whimp.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#22 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:12 pm

Jimmy Garoppolo just defeated Aaron Rodgers with 131 passing yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, and a rating of 57.1

By all accounts Jimmy's performance was horrible.

It's so strange. It's almost as if there is more to this game than the QB.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,151

Post#23 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:48 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Jimmy Garoppolo just defeated Aaron Rodgers with 131 passing yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT, and a rating of 57.1

By all accounts Jimmy's performance was horrible.

It's so strange. It's almost as if there is more to this game than the QB.

Yea but Stafford, Mahomes, and Allen have all played great and are carrying their teams.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#24 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:50 am

Mahomes is just plain unbelievable. Best QB I've ever seen since Montana and Staubach.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#25 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:48 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mahomes is just plain unbelievable. Best QB I've ever seen since Montana and Staubach.

That KC defense is like Swiss cheese tho. Doesn't that worry you? They'll beat the Bengals. But the Rams could cause problems.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Mahomes is just plain unbelievable. Best QB I've ever seen since Montana and Staubach.

That KC defense is like Swiss cheese tho. Doesn't that worry you? They'll beat the Bengals. But the Rams could cause problems.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :rocking: :rocking: :rocking: :rocking: And to all the Kansas City haters in the general forum, :naaa: :naaa: :naaa: :naaa:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Not really. The west coast homers and Chief haters have been saying that for 4 years. I guess when you are in the 4th straight AFC title game and about to go to your 3ird consecutive Super Bowl you just can't get enough respect.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:50 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Not really. The west coast homers and Chief haters have been saying that for 4 years. I guess when you are in the 4th straight AFC title game and about to go to your 3ird consecutive Super Bowl you just can't get enough respect.

Dude, they almost blew it last night. They couldn't stop Allen twice in the last 2 minutes. Mahomes had to bail them out yet again. If they had lost the coin toss in OT. Then in all likelihood they lose that game.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#29 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Beware the Bengals…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:26 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

I really want to see the Bengals win that game. I like the Chiefs but I’d really like to see Burrow and Chase have a good game. I’d like to see them win. Can their defense hold up, that’s the question.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#31 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:That KC defense is like Swiss cheese tho. Doesn't that worry you? They'll beat the Bengals. But the Rams could cause problems.

Dude, they almost blew it last night. They couldn't stop Allen twice in the last 2 minutes. Mahomes had to bail them out yet again. If they had lost the coin toss in OT. Then in all likelihood they lose that game.

They lost both safeties for the game. Mathieu was a huge lost in the first half. Bills were **** lucky Tyreek Hill didn't score on the punt return which resulted in a field goal. And don't forget about the Chiefs kicker missing an extra point and field goal leaving 4 points off the board. Game should not even gone into over time and I don't at all feel bad for the over rated Bills losing the coin toss. Same thing happened to the Chiefs 4 years ago when they tied the AFC Championship game vs. the Patriots in his first year. Patriots won the coin toss and Mahomes never got the chance to play in the over time. Chiefs win the coin toss and they don't lose Hunt earlier in the year, we are having a different conversation today and Mahomes would be going to his 4th straight Super Bowl. Too bad you became a Mod. I think your mind is starting to turn to mush, :wink:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:42 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:That KC defense is like Swiss cheese tho. Doesn't that worry you? They'll beat the Bengals. But the Rams could cause problems.

Beware the Bengals…

Not the least bit worried or scared about the Bengals. There season comes to an end this weekend and I don't think its going to be much of a game. Pat Mahomes showed and proved to the NFL and Josh Allen is he IS THE BEST QB IN THE GAME AND HE ISN'T GIVING IT UP FOR YEARS TO COME. Case closed.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:53 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I really want to see the Bengals win that game. I like the Chiefs but I’d really like to see Burrow and Chase have a good game. I’d like to see them win. Can their defense hold up, that’s the question.

Bengals have no chance. I just can't believe with all the football knowledge in this room and in the general forum the posters can't can't get beyond their homerism , etc., and appreciate the greatness we are currently seeing in Patrick Mahomes, the Cheetah and Kelce. The fact that many, if not most posters in here and in the general forum can't appreciate and fathom the greatness of these all time greats is their loss, not mine. If these players had a star, lightning bolt or ugly seahawk bird on their helmet, I'm sure they would be saying much better things and giving them a better review regarding their greatness.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Bengals have no chance. I just can't believe with all the football knowledge in this room and in the general forum the posters can't can't get beyond their homerism , etc., and appreciate the greatness we are currently seeing in Patrick Mahomes, the Cheetah and Kelce. The fact that many, if not most posters in here and in the general forum can't appreciate and fathom the greatness of these all time greats is their loss, not mine. If these players had a star, lightning bolt or ugly seahawk bird on their helmet, I'm sure they would be saying much better things and giving them a better review regarding their greatness.

Who’s not appreciating Mahomes? I’m just saying a little appreciation of what the Bengals have become is in order as well. And dismissing them with “they have no chance” is utter garbage.

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:38 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I love watching Mahomes play but I’m not just going to give him the title of greatest ever QB. He has to earn it. So far he’s 1-1 in SB’s. He still has a long way to go. But I agree that he has a chance and is extremely fun to watch.

I also agree with Otis. The Bengals deserve some love too. They are not playing great but they’re winning. Winning ugly can sometimes be more impressive than winning pretty, especially for such a young team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:39 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I really want to see the Bengals win that game. I like the Chiefs but I’d really like to see Burrow and Chase have a good game. I’d like to see them win. Can their defense hold up, that’s the question.

Who’s not appreciating Mahomes? I’m just saying a little appreciation of what the Bengals have become is in order as well. And dismissing them with “they have no chance” is utter garbage.

No one thought they had a chance against the Titans either.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:54 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I really want to see the Bengals win that game. I like the Chiefs but I’d really like to see Burrow and Chase have a good game. I’d like to see them win. Can their defense hold up, that’s the question.

I love the Bengals. Had Burrow in almost half my fantasy football league this past season. Actually I raved about Burrow early in the season in the general forum and also had a few conversations by Pm with Jack. I love the kid actually. IMHO he's better than Herbert from the Chargers. Many fell asleep on him after he got injured last season. Problem with Bengals in this match up is they are currently a very banged up team. They don't have much depth and their O-line is so suspect I'm surprised Burrow hasn't got hurt yet and not sure how he survived the season. Outside of Chase, Kansas City has just way too many weapons for anyone in the NFL, let alone the Bengals.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#38 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:05 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I love watching Mahomes play but I’m not just going to give him the title of greatest ever QB. He has to earn it. So far he’s 1-1 in SB’s. He still has a long way to go. But I agree that he has a chance and is extremely fun to watch.

I also agree with Otis. The Bengals deserve some love too. They are not playing great but they’re winning. Winning ugly can sometimes be more impressive than winning pretty, especially for such a young team.

So who do you have that is better than Mahomes? This ought to be good. :eyebrows:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Bengals have no chance. I just can't believe with all the football knowledge in this room and in the general forum the posters can't can't get beyond their homerism , etc., and appreciate the greatness we are currently seeing in Patrick Mahomes, the Cheetah and Kelce. The fact that many, if not most posters in here and in the general forum can't appreciate and fathom the greatness of these all time greats is their loss, not mine. If these players had a star, lightning bolt or ugly seahawk bird on their helmet, I'm sure they would be saying much better things and giving them a better review regarding their greatness.

So who do you have that is better than Mahomes? This ought to be good. :eyebrows:

All time? All time it’s pretty easy, Brady, Montana, Peyton, and Elway. Those 4 are clearly ahead of Mahomes on the All Time list. It’s hard to put guys like Stabauch and Bradshaw ahead of him because they played in a different era and don’t have the stats to compare with Mahomes.

As I said before, on the all time list I put Mahomes right there with Favre, Rodgers, and Brees.

As far as this year only though, I would still put him behind Brady and put him on the same level as Rodgers.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#40 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I love watching Mahomes play but I’m not just going to give him the title of greatest ever QB. He has to earn it. So far he’s 1-1 in SB’s. He still has a long way to go. But I agree that he has a chance and is extremely fun to watch.

All time? All time it’s pretty easy, Brady, Montana, Peyton, and Elway. Those 4 are clearly ahead of Mahomes on the All Time list. It’s hard to put guys like Stabauch and Bradshaw ahead of him because they played in a different era and don’t have the stats to compare with Mahomes.

As I said before, on the all time list I put Mahomes right there with Favre, Rodgers, and Brees.

As far as this year only though, I would still put him behind Brady and put him on the same level as Rodgers.

Mahomes has already done more in his first 4 years than Rodgers, Favre and Brees did in their whole careers.

Return to Dallas Cowboys