ImageImageImageImage

2022. Getting ready for Training camp and Preseason!!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Re: 2022. Getting ready for Training camp and Preseason!! 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:18 am

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You've never heard me say or post anything to the sort. OBJ is also available. Don't want him either.

So you ONLY want choir boys right?

And I know exactly what you mean by choir boy. That's your code language for saying you would rather have a red flag player that can play vs. a choir boy that can't. Well after two decades how's that been working out for you? But don't take my word for it. They are saying almost the same exact thing @ sportshoopla and dallascowboyuniverse. Go check it out sometime.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#22 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t care how badly we need WR’s. This selfish waste of a roster space can go join the USFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#23 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t care how badly we need WR’s. This selfish waste of a roster space can go join the USFL.

I agree, this season is going to be a train wreck anyways so why add to it with that POS.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t care how badly we need WR’s. This selfish waste of a roster space can go join the USFL.

I agree, this season is going to be a train wreck anyways so why add to it with that POS.

Are you just saying that because of Bluejerseyjinx? I guess he's really done a number on you guys. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:I don’t care how badly we need WR’s. This selfish waste of a roster space can go join the USFL.

Are you just saying that because of Bluejerseyjinx? I guess he's really done a number on you guys. :wink:

No...

More to do with this.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'm not trying to a number on the guys at all. Still love them all despite the very few differences of opinion we have from time to time. I just call it the way I see and how I feel. After two decades of Jerry the owner and Jerry the GM I've come to the conclusion our franchise will never achieve the highest level of winning under this ownership. Over the summer I have gone back to posts in here going back eight years, gone back and looked at old posts in Sportshoopla and dallas cowboy universe and revealed we are saying exactly the same things today we were all saying back then. Very Little has changed. Saturday nights game put a stamp on what we are all about under Jerry and his hand picked puppet coaches, 17 ACCEPTED PENALTIES.
Tom Landry, Tex Schramm and Clint Murchinson = a perfect marriage.
McCarthy, Garrett, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Chan Gaily and Barry Switzer with Jerry the GM and Jerry the Owner = Incest.

P.S. Jack I need a little help here. Can you find the press conference clips and interviews this past offseason where Jerry said one of his major priorities going into this season that he wanted to see our team clean up most of the penalties, (especially the major dumb ones) and to be much more physical. Aparrently, even dangling the threat of Sean Peyton didn't create enough urgency for McCarthy to clean up his lack of dicipline act.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#27 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Lol! No, I’m honestly just looking at the roster and coaching and I just don’t think this is going to be a very good year. The OL is worse, the skill positions are worse, even the discipline seems worse so far (based on penalties). DL and LB may be the only position groups that are better than last year and even that is questionable. Also the Eagles are better than they were last year. The Cowboys will likely finish 2nd in the NFC East, get the Wildcard and then get bounced in the 1st.

BJJ hasn’t gotten to us but he’s not entirely wrong. This team really has been the same for 25+ years.

I’m going into this season expecting them to fail when it comes to the playoffs. I’m just going to enjoy the good plays and games when they happen.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I agree, this season is going to be a train wreck anyways so why add to it with that POS.

Lol! No, I’m honestly just looking at the roster and coaching and I just don’t think this is going to be a very good year. The OL is worse, the skill positions are worse, even the discipline seems worse so far (based on penalties). DL and LB may be the only position groups that are better than last year and even that is questionable. Also the Eagles are better than they were last year. The Cowboys will likely finish 2nd in the NFC East, get the Wildcard and then get bounced in the 1st.

BJJ hasn’t gotten to us but he’s not entirely wrong. This team really has been the same for 25+ years.

I’m going into this season expecting them to fail when it comes to the playoffs. I’m just going to enjoy the good plays and games when they happen.

The Cowboys should still win the division. But you're right about the Eagles. I think the Giants will be better too. They still need a QB.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#29 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I agree, this season is going to be a train wreck anyways so why add to it with that POS.

On a much more positive note, I'm extremely excited about our defense. If this defense improves even more from last year, we might be only another Lb and DT away from being a very good, very serious and nasty defense. I think Micah Parsons is the next LT.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#30 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Are you just saying that because of Bluejerseyjinx? I guess he's really done a number on you guys. :wink:

On a much more positive note, I'm extremely excited about our defense. If this defense improves even more from last year, we might be only another Lb and DT away from being a very good, very serious and nasty defense. I think Micah Parsons is the next LT.

Parsons is absolutely going to wreck shop this year. The crazy thing is he will be playing more on instinct from here in out. I’m not sure I’m completely sold on Diggs though. He’s going to get a lot of interceptions but because of his aggressive style he’s also going to give up a lot of big plays.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=NTR5rq3nhudYDa4ZcgYOSQ
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#32 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm

Any objections to possible signing Emanual Sanders? Not sure who is all available, but I know he is one. I knew letting Cedric Wilson walk out the door was gonna come back and bite us in the ass.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#33 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Any objections to possible signing Emanual Sanders? Not sure who is all available, but I know he is one. I knew letting Cedric Wilson walk out the door was gonna come back and bite us in the ass.

Cole Beasley is available.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:40 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Any objections to possible signing Emanual Sanders? Not sure who is all available, but I know he is one. I knew letting Cedric Wilson walk out the door was gonna come back and bite us in the ass.

Cole Beasley is available.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#35 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=NTR5rq3nhudYDa4ZcgYOSQ

The concept of it all is very interesting. TE's will have to be both exceptional pass catchers and BLOCKERS. Jarwin isn't the best blocking TE. If anything, its his weakness.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:45 pm

I can't say a whole negative about last night's game. Cowboys cleaned up a lot of the penalties and played with a physical chip on their shoulders last night. OL looked damn good to me and the RB Davis runs hard. I was impressed with him.
I have to ask Otis (because he has been a fan of the Cowboys a little longer than me) the last time the Cowboys scored a kick off return and a punt return in the same game. I don't ever recall one !!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't say a whole negative about last night's game. Cowboys cleaned up a lot of the penalties and played with a physical chip on their shoulders last night. OL looked damn good to me and the RB Davis runs hard. I was impressed with him.
I have to ask Otis (because he has been a fan of the Cowboys a little longer than me) the last time the Cowboys scored a kick off return and a punt return in the same game. I don't ever recall one !!

This was promising.

Read on Twitter
?s=21&t=Y_WANTtlk0-6UABBHegyEw
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't say a whole negative about last night's game. Cowboys cleaned up a lot of the penalties and played with a physical chip on their shoulders last night. OL looked damn good to me and the RB Davis runs hard. I was impressed with him.

I had to go look because I couldn’t remember it ever happening. It hasn’t… at least not in the regular season. And according to the research I did, it was the first time it’s happened in the NFL in 9 years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mr B » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:37 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:

I had to go look because I couldn’t remember it ever happening. It hasn’t… at least not in the regular season. And according to the research I did, it was the first time it’s happened in the NFL in 9 years.

Kind of surprised Deion never did it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:24 pm

Mr B wrote:Kind of surprised Deion never did it.

So of course I had to go look... he returned 4 punts for TD's while with Dallas. No kickoffs...

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/how-many-career-punt-return-touchdowns-did-deion-sanders-get#:~:text=Deion%20Sanders%20scored%206%20touchdowns%20on%20punt%20returns%20in%20his%20career.

Return to Dallas Cowboys