Re: Game #1 vs. Giants game thread. 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:54 am

Diggs is earning his contract.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#22 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:01 am

Mr B wrote:Diggs is earning his contract.

We really do have an amazing duo in Diggs and Gilmore
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:03 am

Only concern I have tonight is TE receiving.

A dropped TD and a dropped pass on 3rd down that would have been a 1st. We need those guys to catch.

Other than that, near flawless game
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#24 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:04 am

We are the only team that scored 40 this week
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#25 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:22 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Only concern I have tonight is TE receiving.

A dropped TD and a dropped pass on 3rd down that would have been a 1st. We need those guys to catch.

Other than that, near flawless game

I noticed a couple of really good blocks by Schoonmaker. I think as the season goes along he will be the one to step up and be the starting TE.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:49 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:They just scored a TD lol

Good thing the defense gave them a short field.

Why because they suck and couldn't do it without that?

No, just Dak. He isn't sharp at all. Not getting it done on 2nd & 3ird and long situations. Missing passes, passing percentage down. But he didn't turn the ball over so I guess that is one good thing on his part. The weak link on our offense gets a C+ this week.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#27 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:52 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We are the only team that scored 40 this week

Thanks to the defense and special teams. Message and tone was set by the defense on the first series and they never looked back. Great job by Dan Quinn putting this unit together. Egals beware !!!!
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#28 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Dak played "good", only moment I felt like he had a mishap was overthrowing Lamb in the end zone which was a fairly deep pass. Outside of that I think he did everything well.

Offense scored 3 TDs and 2 FGs...27 points. Still good production, still more points than the Chiefs scored this week.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be your message every single week. The defense is great and Dak sucks. You are pre-programmed. lol
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#29 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Mazi had a TFL and I can not find footage of it and I do not remember it happening. Must have been in garbage time late in the game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#30 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak played "good", only moment I felt like he had a mishap was overthrowing Lamb in the end zone which was a fairly deep pass. Outside of that I think he did everything well.

Offense scored 3 TDs and 2 FGs...27 points. Still good production, still more points than the Chiefs scored this week.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be your message every single week. The defense is great and Dak sucks. You are pre-programmed. lol

It was good to get some work in with this preseason game. He’ll be fine.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#31 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:42 pm

I'm trying not to overreact but I don't see how anyone is going to be able to pass on this defense. The CBs are on lockdown and the pass rush is so strong that there is no time to for a QB to even blink.

If I were an OC my plan for Dallas would definitely be on the ground, lots of tricky running plays and mis-directions. And just pounding it up the middle over and over.

I think that teams can move the ball on us on the ground. Mazi isn't "there" yet and we all know that we are thin at LB. I wonder as the season progresses if that will become more and more exposed.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:29 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm trying not to overreact but I don't see how anyone is going to be able to pass on this defense. The CBs are on lockdown and the pass rush is so strong that there is no time to for a QB to even blink.

If I were an OC my plan for Dallas would definitely be on the ground, lots of tricky running plays and mis-directions. And just pounding it up the middle over and over.

I think that teams can move the ball on us on the ground. Mazi isn't "there" yet and we all know that we are thin at LB. I wonder as the season progresses if that will become more and more exposed.

It damn sure worked for the Giants early on… they were gashing the Cowboys between the tackles with it.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#33 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:01 am

Read on Twitter
?t=3AjSE-hYH2pm10T5GVS4AA&s=19
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,720

Post#34 » by Fierce1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:48 am

Rodgers out next week means the Boys should be 2-0 to start the season.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#35 » by Fierce1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:53 am

If there's a position the Boys need to upgrade, it's the TE spot.

If the Cowboys can upgrade that position then the sky is the limit for this team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#36 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:40 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Rodgers out next week means the Boys should be 2-0 to start the season.

This will be a tough test for the Cowboy offense. Jets have one of the top defenses in the league. We will find out how good our offense really is after this game. With Rodgers I expect the Jets to play 3 tight end formations and try to run the ball down our throats. We should also find out if our cowboys have improved stopping the run.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#37 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:44 pm

Fierce1 wrote:If there's a position the Boys need to upgrade, it's the TE spot.

If the Cowboys can upgrade that position then the sky is the limit for this team.

I disagree. Its QB. Its so obvious. Even with the great defensive effort and special teams play, Dak was last out of 32 starting QB's last week in completions and completion percentage. Seems the more we make it easy for Dak the worse he gets.
Also don't forget our Cowboys and puppet coach don't show up to play every week. I think the last time the Cowboys had a legit home field advantage was when we were playing at the old Texas Stadium.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#38 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I disagree. Its QB. Its so obvious. Even with the great defensive effort and special teams play, Dak was last out of 32 starting QB's last week in completions and completion percentage. Seems the more we make it easy for Dak the worse he gets.
Also don't forget our Cowboys and puppet coach don't show up to play every week. I think the last time the Cowboys had a legit home field advantage was when we were playing at the old Texas Stadium.

yeah because of the TEs :lol:

Read on Twitter

Dak was PERFECT there. There is nothing more you can ask of him. TD pass in traffic, perfect.

6 drops

Read on Twitter
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#39 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:30 pm

We are currently using Dalton Schultz's backups at TE

In fact we should have given Schultz a contract and not taken a gamble in the draft. Shoon was the 5th TE taken, late in the 2nd. Unlikely that will hit big and it is telling that he isn't starting right now.

That is the one position we are probably bottom-5 in
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#40 » by Fierce1 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:21 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I agree Dak is not elite, but replacing Dak at this point in time is UNREALISTIC!

But upgrading the TE spot is doable.

We're stuck with Dak for a while.

It is what it is.

Return to Dallas Cowboys