ImageImageImageImage

Game#3 vs. Arizona Cardinals.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,354

Re: Game#3 vs. Arizona Cardinals. 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:12 pm

Cowboys should have stayed in bed the way they are playing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:13 pm

Hard to compete when you don't even play.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:14 pm

Mentally and physically, this team was not prepared to play today.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#24 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:33 pm

They just can not stop the run. I'm not sure how we can expect them to contain McCaffrey when they can't contain James Connor.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:09 pm

When you don't show up to play and/or not prepared to play, it doesn't matter who the RB is.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#26 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:24 pm

A lot of yellow flags today. Another thing I was afraid of today. And mostly the stupid type.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:05 am

Arizona 30 carries, 222 yards rushing, 7.4 yards per carry

So when do we get to see Mazi Smith step in to save us?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#28 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:31 am

Coach and QB not looking elite. You would think just once in 8 years Dumb Dak could bail out the defense. Instead he throws into a triple team like the dumb ass we can depend on. He still doesn't get it after 8 years. Hopeless.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,150

Post#29 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Coach and QB not looking elite. You would think just once in 8 years Dumb Dak could bail out the defense. Instead he throws into a triple team like the dumb ass we can depend on. He still doesn't get it after 8 years. Hopeless.

This was a great opportunity for Dak to step up and prove the haters wrong. All he had to do was score. Even if they had lost anyways no one could point at Dak and say he’s at fault. Instead he threw an interception in the end zone. Now they lost for a lot of other reasons too but Dak was part of the problem.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#30 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:27 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Coach and QB not looking elite. You would think just once in 8 years Dumb Dak could bail out the defense. Instead he throws into a triple team like the dumb ass we can depend on. He still doesn't get it after 8 years. Hopeless.

This was a great opportunity for Dak to step up and prove the haters wrong. All he had to do was score. Even if they had lost anyways no one could point at Dak and say he’s at fault. Instead he threw an interception in the end zone. Now they lost for a lot of other reasons too but Dak was part of the problem.

Of course. Defense sucked, special teams wasn't much better outside our kicker. (I like him by the way), play calling sucked, coached sucked and effort sucked. Despite all that and 13 penalties, we still have a QB eight years later still trying to force balls in the red zone into triple coverage and paying him almost 50 mill a year to do so.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#31 » by Mr B » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:46 pm

Ok with all that said were there any positives? Do you guys see anything that you liked? Personally I like how they are using Hunter Luepke more. He has good size and has some wheels in him. I’d like to see him get a few more touches though. Also I like that he’s wearing #40.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:07 pm

Went to a Stars preseason game in Cedar Park (Austin) and had a blast. At least they can score against a crappy team from Arizona (won 7-0 with 50 shots as opposed to the Coyotes with 11).

Can’t wait to watch that s***show of a Cowboys game this evening. Didn’t want to watch it last night and kill a good buzz.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:11 am

Mr B wrote:

Do you think Mike McCarthy's ultra conservative play calling the first 3 weeks is due to his lack of trust in Prescott?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#34 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:13 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Do you think Mike McCarthy's ultra conservative play calling the first 3 weeks is due to his lack of trust in Prescott?

Lol, we wish he was. He goes for every 4th down and loses.

He needs more FGs
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#35 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:15 am

Mr B wrote:Ok with all that said were there any positives? Do you guys see anything that you liked? Personally I like how they are using Hunter Luepke more. He has good size and has some wheels in him. I’d like to see him get a few more touches though. Also I like that he’s wearing #40.

Gallup finally showed up.

Kinda off set by the fact Cooks had yet to be a factor at all.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#36 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:17 am

Dak's first int in 3 games is getting more media coverage than Sean Payton getting 70 on him.

I'm actually glad we didn't get Payton. He's just another in the long list of former SB winning coaches that come back and do nothing. Gruden, Jimmy, Dikta, Parcells, etc.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#37 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:23 am

Hurts played worse than Dak tonight. But there defense showed up so he's much better than Dak.

-low iq fan logic
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

No, I think it was because of the dominance of the defense. They also overlooked the Cardinals. They were reading their own press clippings and feeling themselves a bit too much and let a crap team beat them. That falls mostly on coaching for not having them ready to play.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#39 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:46 pm

Despite it all Dak is 3-9 in the red zone with only 1 T.D and 1 Int in his fist 3 games. Looks like I'm still right after 3 years. Dak is still not the guy. Unless the defense and special teams play lights out we are doomed with Dak. Once again, and its been happening for the past 4 years now, that an underhanded team with a back up QB out plays Dak and we lose. Aren't you guys sick to your stomach by now watching back up QB's beating Dak and the Cowboys 2-3 times a year. Wonder if Jerry will tell McCarthy to take a bow this week after the team had 13 penalties the other day. Also appears that thanks to Jerry the culture hasn't changed in big-D. Didn't Jerry tell McCarthy to clean that up before last year started? The 3 most important parts of a championship team is the QB, coach and owner like I have stated and posted many times. We are an organizational joke in that department.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#40 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:26 pm

I know the sky is falling. But Arizona is a lot better than people think. They've actually looked really good despite only winning the one game so far. They're honestly a team I'm not looking forward to facing here.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to Dallas Cowboys