ImageImageImageImage

2024 Cowboys Off Season

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Re: 2024 Cowboys Off Season 

Post#21 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I think it's nuts. You don't trade a guy like Parsons. He's still young.

Plus it's not worth the gamble imo. Draft picks don't always pan out. Mazi Smith hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire. He's just a guy. So, you never truly know what your getting.

I think he will have a better career in pod casting.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,507

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Now is the best time to trade Parsons, especially if it gets us another first round draft choice. We will never get more for him than at this moment. Its the perfect time to move on from him and Dak.

Dak, yes. Parsons, no.

I'd rather have a Fred Warner type LB in our system. We have pass rushers, we need players and LB's that can play run support. Parson royally sucks in that department.

You want Micah chasing the QB. Rushing off the edge. That's when he's at his best & a real legit threat. He's not an offball LB.

I'm not sure what Quinn & the coaches were trying to do with their personnel against Green Bay, but having Safeties play as standup LB's doesn't work. It's why the Packers ran all over them. Just brutal from a coaching perspective.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#23 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Dak, yes. Parsons, no.

I'd rather have a Fred Warner type LB in our system. We have pass rushers, we need players and LB's that can play run support. Parson royally sucks in that department.

You want Micah chasing the QB. Rushing off the edge. That's when he's at his best. A real legit threat. He's not an off ball LB.

I'm not sure what Quinn & the coaches where trying to do with their personnel against Green Bay, but having Safeties play as standup LB's doesn't work. It's why the Packers ran all over them. Just brutal coaching.

I can't argue about anything negative regarding Dan Quinn. His schemes don't allow the best players to be in position to make plays. So you are blaming it more on Quinn than Parsons? Do I have this right? I just can't put Parsons on an elite level. he can't cover RB's out of the backfield in pass coverage and he is horrible in run support. And its not just this year. Plus Parsons doesn't carry enough weight to be a full time pass rusher.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#24 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'd rather have a Fred Warner type LB in our system. We have pass rushers, we need players and LB's that can play run support. Parson royally sucks in that department.

You want Micah chasing the QB. Rushing off the edge. That's when he's at his best. A real legit threat. He's not an off ball LB.

I'm not sure what Quinn & the coaches where trying to do with their personnel against Green Bay, but having Safeties play as standup LB's doesn't work. It's why the Packers ran all over them. Just brutal coaching.

I can't argue about anything negative regarding Dan Quinn. His schemes don't allow the best players to be in position to make plays. So you are blaming it more on Quinn than Parsons? Do I have this right?

You're comparing Micah & Fred Warner. But I'm saying they're different players.

Micah is an edge. Or an outside LB in a 3-4. You want him rushing the QB. Because that's his greatest skill set. Having him as an offball LB is a waste.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You want Micah chasing the QB. Rushing off the edge. That's when he's at his best. A real legit threat. He's not an off ball LB.

I can't argue about anything negative regarding Dan Quinn. His schemes don't allow the best players to be in position to make plays. So you are blaming it more on Quinn than Parsons? Do I have this right?

Micah is an edge. Or an OLB in a 3-4. You want him rushing the QB. Because that's his greatest skill set. Having him as an offball LB is a waste.

And when opposing teams scheme to take Micah's greatest skill set away, he's useless. Thanks for making my point.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#26 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I can't argue about anything negative regarding Dan Quinn. His schemes don't allow the best players to be in position to make plays. So you are blaming it more on Quinn than Parsons? Do I have this right?

Micah is an edge. Or an OLB in a 3-4. You want him rushing the QB. Because that's his greatest skill set. Having him as an offball LB is a waste.

And when opposing teams scheme to take Micah's greatest skill set away, he's useless. Thanks for making my point.

He's not great against the run. That's the biggest criticism of him. But he's still one of the best pass rushers in the game.

If you take him off the team, then you remove that threat. You'll be worse off.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,155

Post#27 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'd rather have a Fred Warner type LB in our system. We have pass rushers, we need players and LB's that can play run support. Parson royally sucks in that department.

I can't argue about anything negative regarding Dan Quinn. His schemes don't allow the best players to be in position to make plays. So you are blaming it more on Quinn than Parsons? Do I have this right? I just can't put Parsons on an elite level. he can't cover RB's out of the backfield in pass coverage and he is horrible in run support. And its not just this year. Plus Parsons doesn't carry enough weight to be a full time pass rusher.

He tends to chase sacks too getting himself out of position. He’s pretty consistent in failing to secure the edge.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:26 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm not sure what Quinn & the coaches where trying to do with their personnel against Green Bay, but having Safeties play as standup LB's doesn't work. It's why the Packers ran all over them. Just brutal coaching.

This is what I was referring to earlier...

Read on Twitter
Mr B
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:30 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm not sure what Quinn & the coaches where trying to do with their personnel against Green Bay, but having Safeties play as standup LB's doesn't work. It's why the Packers ran all over them. Just brutal coaching.

Read on Twitter

This goes all the way back to training camp when Overahown went down. They had a shot at Bobby Wagner and decided Bell was a better option and low balled Wagner. To me that has Stephen Jones’ stink all over it. He took the cheap route instead of doing the best thing for the team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:38 am

Mr B wrote:This goes all the way back to training camp when Overahown went down. They had a shot at Bobby Wagner and decided Bell was a better option and low balled Wagner. To me that has Stephen Jones’ stink all over it. He took the cheap route instead of doing the best thing for the team.

Bobby wanted to be in Seattle. He was never going to sign with Dallas. But I understand your argument.

LB's often get overlooked. But they can be vital. The Hawks had a depth issue at the position the previous year. That's why they brought Bobby back. Even considering the fact that he's not great in coverage & is actually a liability at times. He's a step slower at his age. So much so that they need to find his replacement this offseason.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#31 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

This goes all the way back to training camp when Overahown went down. They had a shot at Bobby Wagner and decided Bell was a better option and low balled Wagner. To me that has Stephen Jones’ stink all over it. He took the cheap route instead of doing the best thing for the team.

Losing LVE when they did only exasperated the issue… and now we see our glaring weakness on defense being exposed.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#32 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:32 pm

These two are at the top of my wish list for the draft. Jackson Powers-Johnson and T’Vondre Sweat. Image
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#33 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:00 pm

Mr B wrote:These two are at the top of my wish list for the draft. Jackson Powers-Johnson and T’Vondre Sweat. Image

I have a wish list also. LB'S.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,200

Post#34 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:21 pm

I'll be honest it's hard for me to even get excited about the draft when the entire f--king roster completely s--ts the bed once the playoffs hit. This team needs more than good draft picks, we have good draft picks right now.

I don't know what the answer is though. I don't think there is any QB we can bring in to save us.

I'm really upset that McCarthy is returning, gutting the coaching staff would have at least reset the mentality of the current roster.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#35 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:16 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:These two are at the top of my wish list for the draft. Jackson Powers-Johnson and T’Vondre Sweat. Image

I have a wish list also. LB'S.

There are a couple of really good LB’s that should go somewhere between mid-1st to mid-2nd rounds. The guy I would love for them to get is Jeremiah Trotter Jr. he will likely be gone though before pick 24. The other two LB’s I really like are Edgerrin Cooper (Texas A&M), and Junior Colson (Michigan). These two guys will go in the 2nd round.

In a perfect world I would like to see the Cowboys trade down (maybe with Detroit). The Cowboys need to find a way to end up with 4 picks between rounds 1-3. If they can do that and end up with Powers-Johnson, Sweat, Cooper (or Colson), and then a RB in the 3rd. If they can do that, that would fill a lot of their holes.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#36 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'll be honest it's hard for me to even get excited about the draft when the entire f--king roster completely s--ts the bed once the playoffs hit. This team needs more than good draft picks, we have good draft picks right now.

I don't know what the answer is though. I don't think there is any QB we can bring in to save us.

I'm really upset that McCarthy is returning, gutting the coaching staff would have at least reset the mentality of the current roster.

This is the world some of us have been living in since the Romo era. Doesn’t matter who they have the team is cursed. Just enjoy the draft and enjoy the regular season. Just know that their season ends after game 17.

I got a little emotional this year because I **** up and drank the coolaid again. Just don’t drink the coolaid and you will be fine.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#37 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I'll be honest it's hard for me to even get excited about the draft when the entire f--king roster completely s--ts the bed once the playoffs hit. This team needs more than good draft picks, we have good draft picks right now.

This is the world some of us have been living in since the Romo era. Doesn’t matter who they have the team is cursed. Just enjoy the draft and enjoy the regular season. Just know that their season ends after game 17.

I got a little emotional this year because I **** up and drank the coolaid again. Just don’t drink the coolaid and you will be fine.

None of us really drank the coolaid though. No one thought this squad was Super Bowl bound. We all thought that they would lose to SF in the NFC Championship.

I guess just making it to the NFC Championship and losing has now become our "Super Bowl" :(

yeah, I'm just going to try and be in acceptance that this is what being a Cowboys fan is...we are eternal post season failures.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#38 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I got a little emotional this year because I **** up and drank the coolaid again. Just don’t drink the coolaid and you will be fine.

None of us really drank the coolaid though. No one thought this squad was Super Bowl bound. We all thought that they would lose to SF in the NFC Championship.

I guess just making it to the NFC Championship and losing has now become our "Super Bowl" :(

yeah, I'm just going to try and be in acceptance that this is what being a Cowboys fan is...we are eternal post season failures.

The lesson learned over the past 20+ years is a simple one… if Jerry & Stephen aren’t going to give a s**t then why should I? I simply swivel to the Stars & Mavs and whatever teams are left in the playoffs. Little if any time is devoted to the Cowboys until the draft and even then it’s cursory at best.

At least the Rangers won the World Series…
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#39 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:41 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I got a little emotional this year because I **** up and drank the coolaid again. Just don’t drink the coolaid and you will be fine.

The lesson learned over the past 20+ years is a simple one… if Jerry & Stephen aren’t going to give a s**t then why should I? I simply swivel to the Stars & Mavs and whatever teams are left in the playoffs. Little if any time is devoted to the Cowboys until the draft and even then it’s cursory at best.

At least the Rangers won the World Series…

Well truth is none of us should really give a s**t for the simple fact that NFL football isn't actually meaningful. It's just grown men throwing a ball around. Dallas winning the SB would have no real impact on any of our lives.

A while back I noticed that this stuff was actually causing me real stress and I had to come to that realization. And I have to keep reminding myself of this. Because when we all invest the time of watching all the games and studying players it slowly starts to become more than a game to us, but it shouldn't.

It is just here for entertainment. Have to try and be entertained no matter what the outcome is.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#40 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:29 pm

The coolaid tasted sweet early on.Lots of people were drinking it with blowout wins at home.I was digging diggs play.After he got hurt i no longer thought we could win a SB,but we could maybe get there,and then came Bland,and more coolaid sipping/believing,and then came more key injuries.If we get the injury luck thats needed we can win,but we have to stop the run,and ram the ball down other teams throats to maybe get a bye.

Return to Dallas Cowboys