ImageImageImageImage

So anyone else perplexed by Jerrys Geriatric QB fund?

Moderator: Texas Chuck

hph6203
Pro Prospect
And1: 30

Post#21 » by hph6203 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:56 am

You're all looking at this from the perspective that Brad Johnson actually believes he has a shot at taking away the starting role from Romo. Johnson is just saying all of that for piece of mind for one, and for another because he doesn't want to look like the old fogey that is on the team just for his knowledge. He wants to be paid for his abilities as well as for his knowledge. He can still play in this league, and he wants to be thought of as the backup QB for the Dallas Cowboys rather than the mentor to Tony Romo, or "the guy with the clip board".
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#22 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:43 pm

My problem here isnt that (well its a minor one if thats truely what he believes), its that Brad Johnson is complete crap. Being stuck in this (Please Use More Appropriate Word) cheesehead state i saw many viking games because of the division theyre in. Johnson isn't capable of anything but interceptions anymore. Hell Ryan Leaf might be a better QB at this point. I understand the vetran backup QB idea, and it can work, just not if the QB should be retired.
evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#23 » by evildallas » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:46 am

The Vikings games I saw had an absurdly conservative game plan, so I'm not willing to stick a fork in Johnson yet. I'd rather have a solid albeit ancient vet at #2 than go back the days of Chad Hutchinson in relief. I'm banking that Romo is solid and Brad Johnson remains under emergency glass all year.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!

Return to Dallas Cowboys