Yep.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: 2017 Cowboys Off Season Thread 

Post#202 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Greatness...

Glad to see Woody up there with those guys. He deserves to be in the Ring and in the Hall. I don't give a crap that it's hard for safeties to get in, he deserves it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#203 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:57 am

Mr B wrote:

Glad to see Woody up there with those guys. He deserves to be in the Ring and in the Hall. I don't give a crap that it's hard for safeties to get in, he deserves it.

No secret how I feel about Woodson. He's in my Top 5 all time favorite Cowboys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#204 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:17 am

Mr B wrote:

I agree. Some of us older Cowboy fans think Cliff Harris belongs as well. Just look at the results and record of his team during those 10 years alone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#205 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 am

Lee Roy Jordan still looks the same though !!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#206 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:31 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I agree. Some of us older Cowboy fans think Cliff Harris belongs as well. Just look at the results and record of his team during those 10 years alone.

Cliff Harris definitely belongs in the Hall too.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#207 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:54 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yup.

He and Drew Pearson - only members of the NFL All-70's team not in the HoF.

Every time I hear a Steelers fan mention Donnie Shell, I snicker.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#208 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Yup.

He and Drew Pearson - only members of the NFL All-70's team not in the HoF.

Every time I hear a Steelers fan mention Donnie Shell, I snicker.

I get the runs, :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#209 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:50 pm

I forgot to mention the other day how super impressed I was with Orlando Scandrick. Never seen him look better. If he has a great year we could be in much better shape than I could have imagined on the defensive side of the ball.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#210 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I forgot to mention the other day how super impressed I was with Orlando Scandrick. Never seen him look better. If he has a great year we could be in much better shape than I could have imagined on the defensive side of the ball.

He's definitely been the best CB in camp. Sucks we haven't been able to see much of the young guys.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#211 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:38 am

Don't care what a lot of the Cowboys hater's say in the general board. Dak Prescott will have no such sophmore slump. Book it !!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#212 » by Mr B » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Yea I don't see Dak having a sophomore slump either. He looks a little leaner but stronger than he did last year. Some of the passes he's throwing are on a rope! His accuracy has continued to be really good too. We got to see him use his legs a little and I really like the way he protects himself when he does. And don't forget this is the 1st camp where he's gotten all the 1st team reps, he didn't get that last year.

The defense is really going to struggle though, at least in the early part of the season. It's going to be really hard to overcome all the suspensions and injuries. If they lose Lee or Jaylon they are really screwed!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#213 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:49 am

Mr B wrote:Yea I don't see Dak having a sophomore slump either. He looks a little leaner but stronger than he did last year. Some of the passes he's throwing are on a rope! His accuracy has continued to be really good too. We got to see him use his legs a little and I really like the way he protects himself when he does. And don't forget this is the 1st camp where he's gotten all the 1st team reps, he didn't get that last year.

The defense is really going to struggle though, at least in the early part of the season. It's going to be really hard to overcome all the suspensions and injuries. If they lose Lee or Jaylon they are really screwed!

I very rarely disagree with you Mr. B. But I feel our defense will be a lot better than we ever expected.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#214 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Don't care what a lot of the Cowboys hater's say in the general board. Dak Prescott will have no such sophmore slump. Book it !!

Nope. That's just noise from other fans hoping for such.

The game isn't too big for him. If they didn't see that in the playoff game against the Packers, then you, Mr. B nor I will ever convince them.

We do not have a QB problem here. Not anymore. He really does remind me of a QB from another era of Cowboys football. And I'm not putting him on the Staubach mantle by any means. But... I remember and I see similarities.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 pm

And with that - preseason is done.

Time for cuts.

Any thoughts? Looks like Rico will start the season on IR... there is chatter about keeping 3 QB's... the ongoing Zeke imbroglio... D-Line suspensions and how many they keep... and the secondary.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#216 » by Mr B » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:48 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And with that - preseason is done.

Time for cuts.

Any thoughts? Looks like Rico will start the season on IR... there is chatter about keeping 3 QB's... the ongoing Zeke imbroglio... D-Line suspensions and how many they keep... and the secondary.

Don't forget they will need to go long at LB with Hitchens injury and Wilson's pending suspension.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#217 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:37 pm

Mr B wrote:

Time for cuts.

Don't forget they will need to go long at LB with Hitchens injury and Wilson's pending suspension.

Yep. There's that. I don't know how they plan on keeping 3 QB's with all the issues on Defense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#218 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Nothing has changed with me. All out with as many DL's and LB's. I'm a bit worried about O-line depth.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#219 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:00 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Nothing has changed with me. All out with as many DL's and LB's. I'm a bit worried about O-line depth.

I'm a little worried about the starting LG spot. Chaz is the better player but he can't stay healthy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#220 » by Mr B » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:05 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Time for cuts.

Yep. There's that. I don't know how they plan on keeping 3 QB's with all the issues on Defense.

Kellen Moore is a total waist of space. I'm also wondering if they cut Morris. Even with Zeke's suspension keeping 4 RB's and a FB seems like overkill.

Return to Dallas Cowboys