Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,150

Re: 2022 Cowboy news and notes. 

Post#201 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Prescott has played in 7 seasons now. Mahomes is in his 5th season. How many playoff games (the real season) has Dak won? And are you trying to compare what Mahomes has delivered vs. what Dak has delivered? Come on.

Put Dak on the Chiefs with prime Hill. Team accomplishments.

Look I think Mahomes is a superior QB to Dak, which is why you should be able to see that INTs aren't the everything because Mahomes has 11 of them which is pretty much on par with Dak's 9.

But they took Hill away from Mahomes this year and he is still currently the front runner for MVP this season. Still producing and putting up great numbers with a lot of new guys and his team still has the best record in the AFC. Take Lams away from Dak this year and I can't see at all how you can even make this comparison.

I’d say Jalen Hurts is the front runner for MVP.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#202 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:BJJ here to tell us all that Dak sucks.

He has 9 INTs

Both Mahomes and Allen, two of the best QBs in the NFL, have 11 INTs this season

their INT rates are very similar to Dak's

You like Mahomes right?

Prescott has played in 7 seasons now. Mahomes is in his 5th season. How many playoff games (the real season) has Dak won? And are you trying to compare what Mahomes has delivered vs. what Dak has delivered? Come on.

In all fairness you said since he’s been back from his thumb injury. You weren’t comparing careers.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=9SfRoRdpDE9vU48CSix7GA

15 TDs, he has 1 rushing TD

and the highest scoring offense in the NFL which is all that matters.

If it was Cooper Rush with those exact same throws he would be getting massing praise for that game winning drive from Cowboy fans. We have a segment of our fan base who just hate Dak as a person. It's weird too IMO because Dak is actually a great human being outside of football.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,354

Post#203 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:24 pm

In Mahomes' case, he has delivered big time in four years. What has Dak delivered in seven years? You can rag on Josh Allen all you want. I'm not a fan of his at all.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#204 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:In Mahomes' case, he has delivered big time in four years. What has Dak delivered in seven years? You can rag on Josh Allen all you want. I'm not a fan of his at all.

No one is ragging on either of them. Point is they throw INTs too. And Mahomes is better than Dak.

Giving Mahomes a free pass on INTs because his team won a ring two years ago is illogical though. Does Stafford get a pass this season?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#205 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:11 pm

I just realized that we are close to being a lock to play the winner of the NFCS in our first round of the playoffs.

Because we will in all likelihood be the #1 wildcard team, all the other wild card teams only have 7 wins while we have 10. No one is going to catch us. And it is unlikely we will win the NFCE unless we beat Philly which I highly doubt.

This is great news.

NFCS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-7
Carolina Panthers 5-8
Atlanta Falcons 5-8
New Orleans Saints 4-9

I feel confident we will beat any of those teams. I know Tampa Bay beat us pretty bad week 1 but I do not think they are the same team they were then. Brady is playing worse now and their run defense ranks dead last in the NFL.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#206 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I just realized that we are close to being a lock to play the winner of the NFCS in our first round of the playoffs.

Because we will in all likelihood be the #1 wildcard team, all the other wild card teams only have 7 wins while we have 10. No one is going to catch us. And it is unlikely we will win the NFCE unless we beat Philly which I highly doubt.

This is great news.

NFCS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-7
Carolina Panthers 5-8
Atlanta Falcons 5-8
New Orleans Saints 4-9

I feel confident we will beat any of those teams. I know Tampa Bay beat us pretty bad week 1 but I do not think they are the same team they were then. Brady is playing worse now and their run defense ranks dead last in the NFL.

I don’t know that drawing Tom Brady in round 1 is great news, regardless of what his team is doing right now. I just hope that Philly has to play San Fran before we do. I fear the Niners way more than I fear Philly.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#207 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:00 pm

Cowboys also picked up a new DT that was released by the eagles after they signed Suh and Joseph.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=p_aP9Ntyi9V-rwK6RaSdFw
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#208 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I just realized that we are close to being a lock to play the winner of the NFCS in our first round of the playoffs.

This is great news.

NFCS
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-7
Carolina Panthers 5-8
Atlanta Falcons 5-8
New Orleans Saints 4-9

I don’t know that drawing Tom Brady in round 1 is great news, regardless of what his team is doing right now. I just hope that Philly has to play San Fran before we do. I fear the Niners way more than I fear Philly.

Yeah the 49ers are pretty much equally as scary. I am slightly less scared of them due to a back up QB though. Both them and Philly have elite defenses, but I do think Philly has a better offense than SF.

What we basically have to hope happens is that one eliminates the other who we then meet in the NFC Championship game and then we "get hot" like the NY Giants did vs the Patriots and just have a game where everything goes our way.

I'm just happy that it looks like we will have an easy 1st round. As easy as a playoff game can get anyway. We can beat Tampa Bay. We have to run run run like the Packers did on us. They are weaker at stopping it than we are.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#209 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:37 pm

Speaking of running, looking back at week1 Fournette ran all over us.

He has since been pretty banged up and Tampa Bay doesn't even run Fournette any more. They run the rookie Rachaad White who I honestly don't know much about.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#210 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:32 pm

Tampa Bay also lost Shaq Barrett for the season who was their star edge rusher.

Didn't know that...

The more I look at the team the more I think Dallas would now beat them. They are not the same team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#211 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:02 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:In Mahomes' case, he has delivered big time in four years. What has Dak delivered in seven years? You can rag on Josh Allen all you want. I'm not a fan of his at all.

No one is ragging on either of them. Point is they throw INTs too. And Mahomes is better than Dak.

Giving Mahomes a free pass on INTs because his team won a ring two years ago is illogical though. Does Stafford get a pass this season?

I'm giving Mahomes a big time pass, yes. Your damn right. The kid has only been in the league 4 years and his worst season so far is a loss in the AFC Championship game. To me that speaks volumes. Stafford does not get a pass from me but that's a discussion for another day. WHAT HAS DAK DONE IN HIS FIRST 7 YEARS?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#212 » by Mr B » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:

I'm giving Mahomes a big time pass, yes. Your damn right. The kid has only been in the league 4 years and his worst season so far is a loss in the AFC Championship game. To me that speaks volumes. Stafford does not get a pass from me but that's a discussion for another day.

How many guys like Mahomes are there in the NFL though? Him, Rodgers, and Brady. That’s about it. Every team would love to find one. The problem is you’re probably more likely to get struck by lightning.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#213 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:21 am

Read on Twitter
?t=--c2T4-I09bWNFQNF0TaCQ&s=19
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#214 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:58 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=--c2T4-I09bWNFQNF0TaCQ&s=19

IMO-Those 3 teams ,if we played them in the playoffs,would most likely be better prepared than us.Minny would be the team that would be the most winnable game.We have shown that we do not play playoff type football lately.I would expect us to lose to Cinncy or Philly especially at home.For some reason,we play better in the playoffs on the road when our team is not favored or as good as their opponents are.This team feels the pressure more at home in the playoffs because of a lack of discipline....re-SF.The same may be true for a lot of teams who host playoff games at home due to all the hype,coverage,and subversive ridiculous questions-lol.Tennessee is a good example of a team with a bye getting beat at home in last years playoffs.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#215 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:29 pm

The NFLPA All Pro team was announced yesterday. Zack Martin & Kavontae Turpin were voted in by their peers. Micah Parsons was not (Nick Bosa & Myles Garrett were selected at Edge Defender).

I guess I can accept this... and if it lights a fire under Micah's ass going into the playoffs then all the better for us Cowboys fans.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#216 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:53 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:The NFLPA All Pro team was announced yesterday. Zack Martin & Kavontae Turpin were voted in by their peers. Micah Parsons was not (Nick Bosa & Myles Garrett were selected at Edge Defender).

I guess I can accept this... and if it lights a fire under Micah's ass going into the playoffs then all the better for us Cowboys fans.

Yea he tailed off quite a bit after game 11. I don’t think he deserved to make All Pro.

The Cowboys will have a huge decision to make with Micah this off season. Do they want to keep him as a full time DE or allow him to stay in the hybrid role where he was so successful last year. If he stays as a full time DE he’s going to need to put on about 20 pounds. He’s too small right now to be a full time DE and it’s the reason his body has broken down and why his production has gone down. Personally I’d think they should keep him as a hybrid pass rusher and allow him to attack from the DE, Mike, and Will positions.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#217 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:25 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:The NFLPA All Pro team was announced yesterday. Zack Martin & Kavontae Turpin were voted in by their peers. Micah Parsons was not (Nick Bosa & Myles Garrett were selected at Edge Defender).

Yea he tailed off quite a bit after game 11. I don’t think he deserved to make All Pro.

The Cowboys will have a huge decision to make with Micah this off season. Do they want to keep him as a full time DE or allow him to stay in the hybrid role where he was so successful last year. If he stays as a full time DE he’s going to need to put on about 20 pounds. He’s too small right now to be a full time DE and it’s the reason his body has broken down and why his production has gone down. Personally I’d think they should keep him as a hybrid pass rusher and allow him to attack from the DE, Mike, and Will positions.

Completely agree... leaving him at DE dilutes the danger he poses to the other team.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#218 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:49 pm

Mr B wrote:

Has anyone even pressed Quinn on why he hasn't kept Micah in the hybrid role in the first place outside of experimentation or adjustments in certain games and situations?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#219 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Has anyone even pressed Quinn on why he hasn't kept Micah in the hybrid role in the first place outside of experimentation or adjustments in certain games and situations? The same thing happened at the end of last season as well.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#220 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:11 pm

In the historic NFC rival match ups vs. the Niners since 1970, the Cowboys have won 5 of 8 games !

Return to Dallas Cowboys