Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: ** Divisional Round - Cowboys vs. 49ers ** 

Post#201 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:20 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak haters win tonight. Congrats

You still don’t get the point do you. As fans we all lose, THAT’S why they have to find a new QB. Dak just finished year 7, if they were going to win with him they would have done it by now. He’s had elite teams around him and and elite OL’s and still can get it done. What what he’s getting paid he needs to be a difference maker, not n a good way not a bad way. They could have got this performance out of Derek Carr.

Disagree 100%

Stafford just won one.

QB prime is early-mid 30s now. Dak is 29, not they're yet

Stafford had to leave his team to win. That’s what Dak needs to do.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#202 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:22 pm

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Would you also include Brady on that list ?

What?

Rodgers and Brady did way worse than Dak this season. And they are both a decade older or more

I know It will never happen.I posed the question strictly for discussion purposes because I am so frustrated by this loss.The idea sounds good in theory though.Imagine Rodgers;the guy who beats our brains in with his elite passes coming here.
Either they draft a high pick QB somehow,or Dak has to practice his accuracy...somethings gotta give.
Even when he wasn,t pressured Dak would throw behind open receivers,and I think it happened when Gallup was open on a play.
The answer is to Cooper Dak;meaning have the same gameplan we did when we won with Coop.I cant help wonder how Cooper would have faired in this game,knowing we would have probably played more conservative under him.We should be doing that with Dak all the time now,or at least until his int ,or overall numbers improve.

Dak should have had 5 interceptions in this game. He is the reason they lost.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#203 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:22 pm

linery88 wrote:I,m picking Cinncy to win it all...Go Bengals !

Cincy will finally get its SB payback against the Niners.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,189

Post#204 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:You still don’t get the point do you. As fans we all lose, THAT’S why they have to find a new QB. Dak just finished year 7, if they were going to win with him they would have done it by now. He’s had elite teams around him and and elite OL’s and still can get it done. What what he’s getting paid he needs to be a difference maker, not n a good way not a bad way. They could have got this performance out of Derek Carr.

Disagree 100%

Stafford just won one.

So we are Detroit?

Stafford wasn't Detroit's problem. The team was their problem.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#205 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:25 pm

We basically have to draft a QB because Cooper is gone. We have no backup.

The problem is we don't have a high pick and finding a stud QB late in the draft is like winning the lottery. For every Brady there are 10 star QBs that went early in rd 1.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#206 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:30 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Over reactions going to overreact I guess.

No credit to the elite SF defense.

Dak exceeded *most* expectations this season, we took a step in the right direction. Time to take another step next season.

We have young people in key locations. Micah, Tyler, Lamb

And with another solid draft, we continue to move forward.

My thoughts…

1. Dak isn’t going anywhere. Not for a couple of years. And he isn’t tradable regardless of what the capologists on this forum seem to think. So…
2. Get a new OC in here and see if there is anything that can be done to get his head right with ball. Can’t keep throwing into double coverage like that.
3. Franchise Pollard… which can be done once they…
4. Cut Zeke or redo his contract because he isn’t going to be on this roster with that cap hit.
5. Make a decision on DLaw because his cap hit needs to be changed as well.

Probably a lot more but that’s as good a place to start as any.

I’m not 100% certain they still franchise Pollard. Coming off a broken leg and considering the draft is supposed to be a deep RB draft and the development of Malik Davis. We might have seen the last of Pollard in Dallas (same for Zeke).

I agree on Dak not going anywhere. No way they can afford $89M in dead cap by cutting or trading him. More than likely Dak is our QB for at least 2 more seasons.

I’m ok with them reworking Lawrence’s contract. He was really good this season and provides a great veteran presence in the locker room. They have to bring that cap number down though.

They are also likely going to need a new OC and a new DC. If Quinn takes a HC job somewhere and they want to keep the same defensive philosophy they could promote Al Harris to DC. As for OC I’m not even sure who they would consider bringing in.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#207 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:30 pm

The Lions traded Stafford away for draft picks because they went into rebuild mode.

I know Dallas fans are highly disappointed today, but overall the season was a success. Especially when you take week 1 into account. We made the final-8 teams. We are not ready to rebuild from the ground up like Detroit.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#208 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Over reactions going to overreact I guess.

No credit to the elite SF defense.

Dak exceeded *most* expectations this season, we took a step in the right direction. Time to take another step next season.

We have young people in key locations. Micah, Tyler, Lamb

And with another solid draft, we continue to move forward.

My thoughts…

1. Dak isn’t going anywhere. Not for a couple of years. And he isn’t tradable regardless of what the capologists on this forum seem to think. So…
2. Get a new OC in here and see if there is anything that can be done to get his head right with ball. Can’t keep throwing into double coverage like that.
3. Franchise Pollard… which can be done once they…
4. Cut Zeke or redo his contract because he isn’t going to be on this roster with that cap hit.
5. Make a decision on DLaw because his cap hit needs to be changed as well.

Probably a lot more but that’s as good a place to start as any.

Word

I'll add

6. Sign big FA WR.

We traded Cooper away on the idea that Gallup could step up and fill the void. Gallup has regressed big time. Maybe his injury. Gallup needs to be cut TBH.

We need more weapons than just Lamb.

They definitely need another weapon at WR. They are also going to need a new TE since they going to allow Schultz to walk.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#209 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Word

I'll add

6. Sign big FA WR.

We traded Cooper away on the idea that Gallup could step up and fill the void. Gallup has regressed big time. Maybe his injury. Gallup needs to be cut TBH.

We need more weapons than just Lamb.

Yep...

I might also toss in the reality that we may need to rethink throwing a bag of money at Diggs. To say he's regressed from last season is an understatement.

True, however maybe that means he can be had for cheaper. The issue is that we are already very thin at CB.

Draft priorities:

-DT
-CB
-RB
-WR

Add

TE
OL
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#210 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:32 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:You still don’t get the point do you. As fans we all lose, THAT’S why they have to find a new QB. Dak just finished year 7, if they were going to win with him they would have done it by now. He’s had elite teams around him and and elite OL’s and still can get it done. What what he’s getting paid he needs to be a difference maker, not n a good way not a bad way. They could have got this performance out of Derek Carr.

The window only last so long. With the defense and the team as a whole that is currently constructed, I would seriously consider trading Dak for Rodgers before the window closes.

Hell no.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#211 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:34 pm

What Dallas needs to do is push ALL IN next season and sign the biggest FAs available. Say oh well to the salary cap and just go for it all.

I haven't even looked at what FAs there are.

And THEN if that fails, go into rebuild mode and gut the roster.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#212 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:True, however maybe that means he can be had for cheaper. The issue is that we are already very thin at CB.

Draft priorities:

-DT
-CB
-RB
-WR

Let's not forget offensive line... because LG will be a need and unless Tyron Smith doesn't redo his deal he may be a cap casualty as well.

Bottom line is that was probably as close to a NFC Championship game as this team gets for a couple of years. We have issues.

If we can address one of those with a big FA signing and then the rest through the draft...

I think next year will look similar to this year. We'll easily walk into the playoffs but then what? Even if we go 17-0 people won't buy us as legit. It makes it hard to care about the regular season unfortunately. It's like you can watch the entire season by just tuning into 2 games. Oh well, long time from now. In the mean time I guess we'll watch the 49ers win a ring because I do believe that is what will happen. No one can score on that defense, Hurts certainly won't do well. You can't run on them and that leaves the QB helpless. Purdy will be the first rookie QB with a ring.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on them signing a big time free agent. Stephen doesn’t like spending money in free agency and has said many times this is a team that builds through the draft. The last big money free agent they signed (from another team) was Brandon Carr.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#213 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Disagree 100%

Stafford just won one.

So we are Detroit?

Might as well be, we’ve won the same number of Championships as them over the last 27 years.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#214 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:36 pm

linery88 wrote:Losing Pollard did something to their confidence level.This team has to play flawless to win.Cant recall the last ugly win where we had no business winning a game happened.

And out 24 million dollar man Zeke is cashed and couldn't pick up the slack after Pollard went out. I'm still all out with Elliott. Wanted to get rid of him 3 years ago. Use the savings to bring in Rodgers for a couple years and start looking for another replacement NOW.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#215 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:38 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Stafford had to leave his team to win. That’s what Dak needs to do.

So we are Detroit?

Might as well be, we’ve won the same number of Championships as them over the last 27 years.

Yeah you can't look it as everyone without a ring in the past 2 decades is equal. Detroit traded away Stafford for draft picks to rebuild from the ground up. We just made the divisional round and are at least knocking on the door. You don't gut that, you do the opposite and push all in.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#216 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:38 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We basically have to draft a QB because Cooper is gone. We have no backup.

The problem is we don't have a high pick and finding a stud QB late in the draft is like winning the lottery. For every Brady there are 10 star QBs that went early in rd 1.

I don’t believe you have to draft a QB at the top of the 1st to be successful. It doesn’t hurt but it’s not necessary. We’ve seen plenty of QB’s taken after the 1st round be successful. The key is putting a good OL and weapons around him and having an elite QB coach, all of which are possible here in Dallas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#217 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:40 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:So we are Detroit?

Yeah you can't look it as everyone without a ring in the past 2 decades is equal. Detroit traded away Stafford for draft picks to rebuild from the ground up. We just made the divisional round and are at least knocking on the door. You don't gut that, you do the opposite and push all in.

The goal is to win a championship, so yes you can. You get 1 winner every season. Participation trophies don’t mean ****.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#218 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We basically have to draft a QB because Cooper is gone. We have no backup.

I don’t believe you have to draft a QB at the top of the 1st to be successful. It doesn’t hurt but it’s not necessary. We’ve seen plenty of QB’s taken after the 1st round be successful. The key is putting a good OL and weapons around him and having an elite QB coach, all of which are possible here in Dallas.

It happens but it is very very rare.

Hell even finding a stud in the 1st is rare.

I mean we have to draft one regardless, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up that it will be an All-Pro Qb that comes in and shows Dak up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#219 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:41 pm

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:

What?

Rodgers and Brady did way worse than Dak this season. And they are both a decade older or more

I know It will never happen.I posed the question strictly for discussion purposes because I am so frustrated by this loss.The idea sounds good in theory though.Imagine Rodgers;the guy who beats our brains in with his elite passes coming here.
Either they draft a high pick QB somehow,or Dak has to practice his accuracy...somethings gotta give.
Even when he wasn,t pressured Dak would throw behind open receivers,and I think it happened when Gallup was open on a play.
The answer is to Cooper Dak;meaning have the same gameplan we did when we won with Coop.I cant help wonder how Cooper would have faired in this game,knowing we would have probably played more conservative under him.We should be doing that with Dak all the time now,or at least until his int ,or overall numbers improve.

Not only that, Dak is so fu....g Dumb he can't out play 2 third string QB's in the past 3 weeks. The QB position is the most important position in all of sports. Dak is nothing but a Tony Homo rerun that is not even close to elite. At least Romo had a few jaw dropping lays once in a while, to me Dak just sucks and can't handle pressure at all.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#220 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

It happens but it is very very rare.

Hell even finding a stud in the 1st is rare.

I mean we have to draft one regardless, but I don't think anyone should get their hopes up that it will be an All-Pro Qb that comes in and shows Dak up.

I agree, there isn’t going to be some All Pro come in and take Dak’s job. They do have to draft one to groom as Dak’s replacement though. Then once they are able to get out from under his contract you send him on his way. In two seasons they will be better off hitching their wagon to a new QB.

Return to Dallas Cowboys