Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Re: Weekly Game Threads ! 

Post#381 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:33 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Has Dak been this poor?

Yes. He has been up and down poor since week 8.

I feel like I'm watching Wilson post injury. Not good.

Dak has not played well vs. better teams since the Bucs and New England games. But he had a fumble and INT in that game to.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#382 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:35 pm

He’s played well against bad teams. Since his calf injury he hasn’t played well again good teams. Unless you consider the Eagles good.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#383 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:38 pm

Great job by Sak Prescott. Wow.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#384 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:39 pm

Backs it up with an INT. Dak sucks.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#385 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:40 pm

Well...I'm out. Sorry for being a jinx.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#386 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Well...I'm out. Sorry for being a jinx.

Go Chiefs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Showtime is going to light it up tonight. He'll make Sak Prescott look like he belongs back in college.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#387 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:21 am

Said it on the other thread and I’ll repeat it here…

No team can overcome 14 f*****g penalties. I don’t care how good they are. 7 on two guys. That’s on the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#388 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:11 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:Said it on the other thread and I’ll repeat it here…

No team can overcome 14 f*****g penalties. I don’t care how good they are. 7 on two guys. That’s on the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That falls on Mike McCarthy for sure. A huge sign of an undisciplined team.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,747

Post#389 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:24 am

Yeah, the penalties killed the Cowboys.

An undisciplined team.

Looks like the Cowboys need a new coach.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#390 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:31 am

Fierce1 wrote:Yeah, the penalties killed the Cowboys.

An undisciplined team.

I really think Denver is going to offer Quinn their HC position and Jerry is going to make a change in order to keep Quinn. He’ll fire MM and promote Quinn to HC. George Edwards then takes over for him as the DC. I don’t think Moore will get offered a HC job this off season.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#391 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:25 am

Mr B wrote:

An undisciplined team.

I really think Denver is going to offer Quinn their HC position and Jerry is going to make a change in order to keep Quinn. He’ll fire MM and promote Quinn to HC. George Edwards then takes over for him as the DC. I don’t think Moore will get offered a HC job this off season.

I like the idea of Quinn replacing MM.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#392 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:30 am

I can only wonder what if Wilson caught that ball on 4th down with 1:49 left in the 4th qtr.

That would've been a legendary catch.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,201

Post#393 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:50 pm

That was very depressing to watch. Aside from Dallas playing poorly and committing 1000 penalties I just REALLY hate the way that game ended. That ref bumping into Dak prevented one last play. And maybe Dallas is 1 in 100 odds to score a TD on that play but it still needed to happen.

Not sure where to go from here or what adjustments to make. Guess I'll contemplate that during the off season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#394 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Mr B wrote:

An undisciplined team.

Dan Quinn is the only coach on this team worth keeping.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#395 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:That was very depressing to watch. Aside from Dallas playing poorly and committing 1000 penalties I just REALLY hate the way that game ended. That ref bumping into Dak prevented one last play. And maybe Dallas is 1 in 100 odds to score a TD on that play but it still needed to happen.

Not sure where to go from here or what adjustments to make. Guess I'll contemplate that during the off season.

The official didn't do a damn thing wrong. This is what is wrong with you young generation fans. The team fu....g sucks and you want to blame everything and everyone else except the ones who deserve it most. So typical. It only hurts to you because you were emotionally invested with a team that realistically had no chance of ever going anywhere. Hopefully and someday in the near future you will understand why myself, Mr. B and Otis are the way we are today. I still contend that the younger generation Cowboy fans have absolutely no idea what it really takes to be a Super Bowl Championship team.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#396 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:That was very depressing to watch. Aside from Dallas playing poorly and committing 1000 penalties I just REALLY hate the way that game ended. That ref bumping into Dak prevented one last play. And maybe Dallas is 1 in 100 odds to score a TD on that play but it still needed to happen.

The official didn't do a damn thing wrong. This is what is wrong with you young generation fans. The team fu....g sucks and you want to blame everything and everyone else except the ones who deserve it most. To typical. It only hurts to you because you were emotionally invested with a team that realistically had no chance of ever going anywhere. Hopefully and someday in the near future you will understand why myself, Mr. B and Otis are the way we are today. I still contend that the younger generation Cowboy fans have absolutely no idea what it really takes to be a Super Bowl Championship team.

Yea by rule the red did exactly what he’s supposed to do now he did bump in to Dak however Dak was wrong in giving the ball to Biadasz instead of the ref. By rule the ref HAS to set the ball not the player. Dak should have handed the ball to the ref. Either way though there wouldn’t have been enough time to spike it.

If they weren’t such an undisciplined team though and committed all of the penalties the game wouldn’t have come down to that last play. Dak played like crap, the OL played like crap, and the WR’s all played like crap. Lamb had probably his worst game ever at exactly the wrong time.

Gallimore committed a huge hands to the face penalty but overall the defense played well enough to win this game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#397 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:00 pm

I'm not trying to excuse the players. I made it clear in my post they played poorly. I do think the better team won last night.

I still just hate the way that game ended. Maybe the ref did nothing wrong, but him running into Dak caused that 1 second shift that was needed for one more play.

Even if we get that last play, I know it's a LOOOONG shot to make a TD throw. I still just hate that it ended like that. Felt incomplete.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#398 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:04 pm

Aside from the last play, I feel like pretty much everyone played poorly. The defense couldn't get off the field, so the offense just flat out didn't have much time with the football. When the offense did get the ball they stunk it up, or whatever drive they were on was killed by flags. Really hard game to watch.

I want to say the defense played better toward the end but if we are being realistic it was more a case of Jimmy just making bad decisions that kept us in striking distance. So even if we had pulled out a miracle win I would have viewed it as a Jimmy choke job.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#399 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:10 pm

I think one thing that goes unnoticed in many of our loses this year is the lack of a run game. We give up on the run too fast.

Where was Pollard this game?

Dallas HAS to keep defenses honest with a run threat. When they remove that threat they can tee off on Dak and hyper focus on our WRs.

No one talks about this in our losses. We live and die by the run.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#400 » by Mr B » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:36 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I think one thing that goes unnoticed in many of our loses this year is the lack of a run game. We give up on the run too fast.

Where was Pollard this game?

Dallas HAS to keep defenses honest with a run threat. When they remove that threat they can tee off on Dak and hyper focus on our WRs.

No one talks about this in our losses. We live and die by the run.

Yea the run game disappeared throughout the season and really did contribute to Dak’s poor performances. I think we all know and realize that Dak is no Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. He’s not able to go out and win the game by himself when everything is crashing down around him. He NEEDS a good run game and NEEDS his WR’s to get open.

That’s been the gripe around here the last couple of years as Zeke has declined. They really do need to find another young RB this off season. I’m not sure why Pollard wasn’t in the game more other than MM and Kellen Moore wanted the give the ball to Zeke. I guarantee you Jerry and Stephen are wondering the same thing.

This one definitely hits hard.

Return to Dallas Cowboys