2021 NFL Draft.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Re: 2021 NFL Draft. 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:17 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I might as well let the cat out of the bag. I believe Sewell is the second best player in the whole draft. I have no problem at all with us moving up to number 4 where the Falcons pick or with the Bengals. Swap picks with one of them and give away one of our 2 compensary picks and take Sewell. Wouldn't think twice about it. Sewell is a home run.

I don't think you realize what it would cost to move up in that scenario. To go from 12 to 3, SF gave up 2 future 1's & a 3rd.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,349

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 7, 2021 4:13 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I might as well let the cat out of the bag. I believe Sewell is the second best player in the whole draft. I have no problem at all with us moving up to number 4 where the Falcons pick or with the Bengals. Swap picks with one of them and give away one of our 2 compensary picks and take Sewell. Wouldn't think twice about it. Sewell is a home run.

I don't think you realize what it would cost to move up in that scenario. To go from 12 to 3, SF gave up 2 future 1's & a 3rd.

I'm only taking going from possibly 10 to number 6 with the Bengals. Looks like the Steelers are making a strong bid with the Falcons and I can see that happening. Ben should have retired two years ago.
I think it all may be mute after what was just reported regarding Jerry. I guess Jerry has a huge man crush on Pitts so that screws up any of my thoughts on my feelings and the direction we should take. You watch, Jerry will f... it up if he has anything to say about it. :banghead:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#43 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:15 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm only talking going from possibly 10 to number 6 with the Bengals.

That would likely cost a future 1st to pull that off. Or a 2nd & another pick at the very least.

The Eagles got a 1st (from Miami) to move down from 6-12.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,140

Post#44 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:55 pm

The talking heads on the radio were talking to someone today and said that the Cowboys are looking at 3 players at pick 10. Sewell, Slater, or Surtain. If either Sewell or Slater are there at 10 they will be the pick. If both are gone they will select Surtain. I’m perfectly happy staying at 10 and taking anyone of those 3 guys.

The rumor also is that Jerry (not Stephen) is enamored with Kyle Pitts. He would be Jerry’s choice however this could be a Johnny Manziel scenario where Jerry will be overruled. Hopefully that’s the case. Taking a TE in the top 10 would be one of the worse draft picks in Cowboys history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:19 pm

Mr B wrote:The rumor also is that Jerry (not Stephen) is enamored with Kyle Pitts. He would be Jerry’s choice however this could be a Johnny Manziel scenario where Jerry will be overruled. Hopefully that’s the case. Taking a TE in the top 10 would be one of the worse draft picks in Cowboys history.

Tbf Pitts is a WR.

Read on Twitter

If you put him in a traditional TE role, his value diminishes (greatly).

I don't see Pitts falling to pick 10. But, if you take him, then you must realize this. He's not a TE.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:32 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:The rumor also is that Jerry (not Stephen) is enamored with Kyle Pitts. He would be Jerry’s choice however this could be a Johnny Manziel scenario where Jerry will be overruled. Hopefully that’s the case. Taking a TE in the top 10 would be one of the worse draft picks in Cowboys history.

Tbf Pitts is a WR.

Read on Twitter

I don't see Pitts falling to pick 10. But, if you take him, then you must realize this. He's not a TE.

The problem is that’s where he plays though. With Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb he will be lining up almost exclusively at TE. I see all the hype behind this guy and I think Evan Engram or OJ Howard. I pray that you’re right and he’s gone by 10.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#47 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:56 pm

Mr B wrote:I see all the hype behind this guy and I think Evan Engram or OJ Howard. I pray that you’re right and he’s gone by 10.

Is he a fit for Dallas? Not really. Not when you already have those guys that you've talked about. But I would gladly take Pitts at 10 & not question it. He's a star in the making. But again, the TE label is being misrepresented. That's why I responded to your post.

I get why Jerry is enamored with him. The guy is going to be legit. The problem for the Cowboys, is that they have other holes to fill & WR isn't one of them.

In an ideal world, Pitts falls to 10 & then you're able to move Cooper or Gallup for additional picks.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 8, 2021 3:01 pm

Mr B wrote:The talking heads on the radio were talking to someone today and said that the Cowboys are looking at 3 players at pick 10. Sewell, Slater, or Surtain. If either Sewell or Slater are there at 10 they will be the pick. If both are gone they will select Surtain. I’m perfectly happy staying at 10 and taking anyone of those 3 guys.

The rumor also is that Jerry (not Stephen) is enamored with Kyle Pitts. He would be Jerry’s choice however this could be a Johnny Manziel scenario where Jerry will be overruled. Hopefully that’s the case. Taking a TE in the top 10 would be one of the worse draft picks in Cowboys history.

I agree with you 100% even though I think Pitts is the third overall best player in the draft. If the Steelers move up and make a deal with the Falcons to take a QB, then the Bengals will take Pitts and Sewell will fall into our laps!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm only talking going from possibly 10 to number 6 with the Bengals.

That would likely cost a future 1st to pull that off. Or a 2nd & another pick at the very least.

The Eagles got a 1st (from Miami) to move down from 6-12.

With rumors of the Steelers making a deal with the falcons to take a QB means that Pitts will more than likely be taken by the Bengals. Sewell should fall to us staying at 10. I'm with Mr. B on this one. Pitts would be a horrible pick for us even though I think he is the third best player in the draft. OL is our only weakness on offense and I can't see us drafting any other position on offense except OL with all of our other desperate needs at LB, CB and DT.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:29 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Tbf Pitts is a WR.

Read on Twitter

The problem is that’s where he plays though. With Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb he will be lining up almost exclusively at TE. I see all the hype behind this guy and I think Evan Engram or OJ Howard. I pray that you’re right and he’s gone by 10.

Should we start to think about another RB in next years draft? I think I'm starting to agree with something you said a couple years ago. Feed him the damn ball till his contract runs out and release or dump his ass after that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:10 pm

Each week as we get closer to the draft I am becoming more mentally and physically ill as I keep hearing Jerry about Jerry's unhealthy man crush he has on Pitts.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Here’s a good article I saw about some good OL that should be available on day 3 of the draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-five-undervalued-offensive-linemen-who-teams-should-target-on-day-3/

Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Tbf Pitts is a WR.

Read on Twitter

Should we start to think about another RB in next years draft? I think I'm starting to agree with something you said a couple years ago. Feed him the damn ball till his contract runs out and release or dump his ass after that.

I’m not sure that we should start looking for a RB yet. Not a starting RB anyways. They’re still going to have Zeke and Pollard for at least another 2 years. Maybe they draft someone in the late rounds for depth but that’s it. Next year’s draft is when they might really start looking for a replacement RB.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The problem is that’s where he plays though. With Cooper, Gallup, and Lamb he will be lining up almost exclusively at TE. I see all the hype behind this guy and I think Evan Engram or OJ Howard. I pray that you’re right and he’s gone by 10.

I’m not sure that we should start looking for a RB yet. Not a starting RB anyways. They’re still going to have Zeke and Pollard for at least another 2 years. Maybe they draft someone in the late rounds for depth but that’s it. Next year’s draft is when they might really start looking for a replacement RB.

Not sure if you misread earlier, but I was talking about possible next year we start to take a serious look at drafting Elliot's replacement.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#55 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Each week as we get closer to the draft I am becoming more mentally and physically ill as I keep hearing Jerry about Jerry's unhealthy man crush he has on Pitts.

bluejerseyjinx wrote:When you go back and look at all the moves, trades, etc., that Jerry had free reign with no push back, we got royally f....d over. Now Jerry is stirring his gin and tonic over Pitts. SOMEONE, PLEASE STOP HIM.

Relax, bud. I've taken a trip in my time machine & Pitts will be off the board when the Boys are picking.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:33 pm

Mr B wrote:Here’s a good article I saw about some good OL that should be available on day 3 of the draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-five-undervalued-offensive-linemen-who-teams-should-target-on-day-3/

I've spent the last 4 days looking at film on many of these guys. I need to admit I was a bit wrong here. That R. Slater kid out of northwestern is a beast. He has a nasty streak in him I absolutely love. He is fierce and relentless. Some could say an animal. The more I see of him has made me change my mind on Sewell. After we take him, all the remaining pick can all go towards the defense. JMHO as of now !! But Jerry has never done what I want so we will see.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Each week as we get closer to the draft I am becoming more mentally and physically ill as I keep hearing Jerry about Jerry's unhealthy man crush he has on Pitts.

bluejerseyjinx wrote:When you go back and look at all the moves, trades, etc., that Jerry had free reign with no push back, we got royally f....d over. Now Jerry is stirring his gin and tonic over Pitts. SOMEONE, PLEASE STOP HIM.

Relax, bud. I've taken a trip in my time machine & Pitts will be off the board when the Boys are picking.

Well I have taken a trip in my time machine and ended up in Houston at message parlor With Jerry and D. Watson without a bikini wax. :bowdown:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:14 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Here’s a good article I saw about some good OL that should be available on day 3 of the draft.

I've spent the last 4 days looking at film on many of these guys. I need to admit I was a bit wrong here. That R. Slater kid out of northwestern is a beast. He has a nasty streak in him I absolutely love. He is fierce and relentless. Some could say an animal. The more I see of him has made me change my mind on Sewell. After we take him, all the remaining pick can all go towards the defense. JMHO as of now !! But Jerry has never done what I want so we will see.

Yea Slater is a beast! I think I would still prefer Sewell only because of his size. Sewell will eventually be a starting LT. I’m not sure Slater has the height or reach to be a starting LT in the NFL but he’s more than capable of being a dominant Guard or Center. I would be ecstatic if the Cowboys drafted Slater at 10 even if it means they passed on Surtain or Horn.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#59 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Yea Slater is a beast! I think I would still prefer Sewell only because of his size. Sewell will eventually be a starting LT. I’m not sure Slater has the height or reach to be a starting LT in the NFL but he’s more than capable of being a dominant Guard or Center. I would be ecstatic if the Cowboys drafted Slater at 10 even if it means they passed on Surtain or Horn.

I love taking Slater and feel the same way as you. I would do cartwheels if I could. :D Doing this would make me feel totally comfortable about the whole offense going into next season. Then I'm with you as usual. We can spend our next 9 picks on defense. And you were totally correct what you posted a couple weeks ago. There are just no DT's that catches my eye.
Now the latest rumors up here in my neck of the woods have the Cowboys making a deal with the patriots. Swapping picks 10 & 16 and the Cowboys aquiring the Patriots 2021 and 2022 2nd round picks. I really hope Jerry isn't that stupid and lets bellicheat fleece him.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I've spent the last 4 days looking at film on many of these guys. I need to admit I was a bit wrong here. That R. Slater kid out of northwestern is a beast. He has a nasty streak in him I absolutely love. He is fierce and relentless. Some could say an animal. The more I see of him has made me change my mind on Sewell. After we take him, all the remaining pick can all go towards the defense. JMHO as of now !! But Jerry has never done what I want so we will see.

I love taking Slater and feel the same way as you. I would do cartwheels if I could. :D Doing this would make me feel totally comfortable about the whole offense going into next season. Then I'm with you as usual. We can spend our next 9 picks on defense. And you were totally correct what you posted a couple weeks ago. There are just no DT's that catches my eye.
Now the latest rumors up here in my neck of the woods have the Cowboys making a deal with the patriots. Swapping picks 10 & 16 and the Cowboys aquiring the Patriots 2021 and 2022 2nd round picks. I really hope Jerry isn't that stupid and lets bellicheat fleece him.

I have heard about the Cowboys and Patriots possibly making a trade but not that specific trade. I would think for the Cowboys to move down it would take at least the Patriots 1st in next years draft.

I heard today that the Cowboys and Bears are also talking. Cowboys would move down to 20 and Bears up to 10. For that I would think the Bears would have to also give us their 2nd this year and possibly a 1st next year.

In either scenario (moving down to 15 or 20) I would be looking to draft the CB Jaycee Horn or FS Trevon Moehrig (who is an absolute stud FS). If Horn is gone I would gladly draft Moehrig.

Return to Dallas Cowboys