ImageImageImageImage

2024 Cowboys Draft

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Re: 2024 Cowboys Draft 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:03 pm

Here are the Cowboys compensatory picks.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:04 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I really love this Cooper kid out of Texas A&M. Do we have a shot at him in the draft?

Edgerrin Cooper will be there at 24 however that is kind of high for him. The problem is that he won’t be there at 56 when they pick in the 2nd round. If they trade down though I could see them taking him at the bottom of the 1st. Keep in mind they need a LT too and all of the good Tackles will also be gone by pick 56.

I have no problem if the Cowboys use their whole draft on LB's and O-lineman. Unless you have an RB you have your eye on.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#43 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:09 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I really love this Cooper kid out of Texas A&M. Do we have a shot at him in the draft?

Edgerrin Cooper will be there at 24 however that is kind of high for him. The problem is that he won’t be there at 56 when they pick in the 2nd round. If they trade down though I could see them taking him at the bottom of the 1st. Keep in mind they need a LT too and all of the good Tackles will also be gone by pick 56.

Trading down is not a bad idea at all. :eyebrows: :clap:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#44 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I have no problem if the Cowboys use their whole draft on LB's and O-lineman. Unless you have an RB you have your eye on.

The RB's this year are pretty underwhelming. No Bijan or Jahmyr Gibbs this year.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Mar 9, 2024 8:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I have no problem if the Cowboys use their whole draft on LB's and O-lineman. Unless you have an RB you have your eye on.

The RB's this year are pretty underwhelming. No Bijan or Jahmyr Gibbs this year.

I agree but I was asking Mr. b. if he had his eye on someone. We all know Pollard can't handle being a full time back.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I agree but I was asking Mr. b. if he had his eye on someone. We all know Pollard can't handle being a full time back.

Rumor has it that the Cowboys are very interested in Jonathan Brooks from Texas. Normally he’d be a great fit but he’s coming off an ACL injury. Trey Benson from Florida State would also be amazing.

Honestly I really like Blake Corum too. Ideally though I’d like to see them resign Pollard to a cheap deal and draft Braelon Allen. Pollard is better as a change of pace back and Braelon is a big powerful back.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:11 am

For those of us wanting a LB here is a guy that the Cowboys had an interview with Trevon Wallace from Kentucky. This guy would be a 5th or 6th round pick looks like. Maybe the compensatory 5th round pick they have.

Read on Twitter

https://youtu.be/1sQtwOXn_WA?si=-8WM8VAB6zsAal00
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The RB's this year are pretty underwhelming. No Bijan or Jahmyr Gibbs this year.

Rumor has it that the Cowboys are very interested in Jonathan Brooks from Texas. Normally he’d be a great fit but he’s coming off an ACL injury. Trey Benson from Florida State would also be amazing.

Honestly I really like Blake Corum too. Ideally though I’d like to see them resign Pollard to a cheap deal and draft Braelon Allen. Pollard is better as a change of pace back and Braelon is a big powerful back.

Deuce Vaughn is the only RB currently under contract. We should go all in with him. :wink:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#49 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Mr B wrote:Rumor has it that the Cowboys are very interested in Jonathan Brooks from Texas. Normally he’d be a great fit but he’s coming off an ACL injury. Trey Benson from Florida State would also be amazing.

Considering our history in the 2nd round, I’d almost bet the house he’s their target then.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:07 pm

Mr B wrote:For those of us wanting a LB here is a guy that the Cowboys had an interview with Trevon Wallace from Kentucky. This guy would be a 5th or 6th round pick looks like. Maybe the compensatory 5th round pick they have.

Read on Twitter

https://youtu.be/1sQtwOXn_WA?si=-8WM8VAB6zsAal00

I also like the kid from Tennessee. J. Wright. Also the kid from Wisconsin might be a good fit. He's a power back that might be a good fit for us. Overall, this RB class is weak at best.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#51 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

After spending the last 2 days checking out RB's. You stating this RB class is underwhelming was being too kind. :sour:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mr B » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:32 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Mr B wrote:Rumor has it that the Cowboys are very interested in Jonathan Brooks from Texas. Normally he’d be a great fit but he’s coming off an ACL injury. Trey Benson from Florida State would also be amazing.

Considering our history in the 2nd round, I’d almost bet the house he’s their target then.

I found out yesterday that the Cowboys team doctor is also the doctor for that repaired Brooks’ knee. If he’s still on the board in round 2 it’s pretty evident that he’s going to be their pick. I would not be shocked to see them draft him and he starts the season on the PUP list.

When healthy though he’s the perfect type of RB for the Cowboys . He’s a 1 cut between the tackles runner with speed. If their plan is to have a lame duck season and then start fresh it wouldn’t be a bad pick.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:00 pm

Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

I found out yesterday that the Cowboys team doctor is also the doctor for that repaired Brooks’ knee. If he’s still on the board in round 2 it’s pretty evident that he’s going to be their pick. I would not be shocked to see them draft him and he starts the season on the PUP list.

When healthy though he’s the perfect type of RB for the Cowboys . He’s a 1 cut between the tackles runner with speed. If their plan is to have a lame duck season and then start fresh it wouldn’t be a bad pick.

So if he gets hurt and misses anytime, we are stuck with Deuce Vaughn to carry the load? Are you comfortable with that?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#54 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:45 pm

So I’m looking at all the mocks drafts and I’m seeing something interesting. Well I guess that depends on what you think is interesting. The Cowboys have so many needs especially on the OL but with all the QB’s and Lineman going before the Cowboys pick there’s bound to be someone to fall. Based on all the mocks I’ve been seeing that guy looks to be WR Brian Thomas Jr from LSU.

The Cowboys do need a WR and a combo of Lamb and Thomas would be pretty good, really good actually. It would also certainly signify they are tanking this season.

https://youtu.be/RNZmxK5XSvI?si=iFvPMPDHLH-YgbwW
Mr B
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mr B » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:45 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

So if he gets hurt and misses anytime, we are stuck with Deuce Vaughn to carry the load? Are you comfortable with that?

If the Cowboys are tanking then yes I would be ok with that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#56 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:26 pm

Mr B wrote:So I’m looking at all the mocks drafts and I’m seeing something interesting. Well I guess that depends on what you think is interesting. The Cowboys have so many needs especially on the OL but with all the QB’s and Lineman going before the Cowboys pick there’s bound to be someone to fall. Based on all the mocks I’ve been seeing that guy looks to be WR Brian Thomas Jr from LSU.

The Cowboys do need a WR and a combo of Lamb and Thomas would be pretty good, really good actually. It would also certainly signify they are tanking this season.

Does that mean letting Cooks go as well and shaving another 4 mill off the cap? I liked your original thought from a few weeks ago. Cowboys do need to strengthen the O-lineman I really like that center you suggested (can't remember the name on top of my head at the moment). Honestly I thought that was the bet approach at the time. You know me, I always want LB's and DT's but I think you are right, that would not be the best play for the Cowboys in round 1.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#57 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I found out yesterday that the Cowboys team doctor is also the doctor for that repaired Brooks’ knee. If he’s still on the board in round 2 it’s pretty evident that he’s going to be their pick. I would not be shocked to see them draft him and he starts the season on the PUP list.

If the Cowboys are tanking then yes I would be ok with that.

Glad you brought up tanking first. I wanted to bring it up a few weeks ago but backed off from that thought. Been trying to not upset Micah with my total lack of faith in his boy Dak. We should have got rid of him 3 years ago like I suggested and we wouldn't be in this mess today. But what is done, is done.
I lost my stomach for this upcoming season when Jerry brought back Mike McCarthy a few days after one of our worse playoff losses in Cowboy history. We were also lied to about McCarthy. We were all lead to believe that if we didn't get by the divisional round this year with this bunch of players that McCarthy would be gone. Instead as a home #2 seed, we lost a wild card game at home and never even made it to the divisional round. IMHO this last playoff loss might be worse to me than what happened in Super Bowl 5, and you know how I've felt about that game for years.
Dak sucks, McCarthy sucks and the leadership and culture of Jerry sucks. This upcoming season is going to be a royal disaster anyway, so I agree with you in regards to the Cowboys tanking this year. It really would be the best thing for the Cowboys moving forward but I can also see Jerry phucking that up also.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:So I’m looking at all the mocks drafts and I’m seeing something interesting. Well I guess that depends on what you think is interesting. The Cowboys have so many needs especially on the OL but with all the QB’s and Lineman going before the Cowboys pick there’s bound to be someone to fall. Based on all the mocks I’ve been seeing that guy looks to be WR Brian Thomas Jr from LSU.

Does that mean letting Cooks go as well and shaving another 4 mill off the cap? I liked your original thought from a few weeks ago. Cowboys do need to strengthen the O-lineman I really like that center you suggested (can't remember the name on top of my head at the moment). Honestly I thought that was the bet approach at the time. You know me, I always want LB's and DT's but I think you are right, that would not be the best play for the Cowboys in round 1.

Jackson Powers-Johnson is the name of the Center. Dude is an absolute stud at Center. The problem is he will likely be gone by pick 24. The Dolphins and Steelers are both said to be very interested in him and both pick before the Cowboys.

There will be a few good (not great) OL prospects available. The best DT’a should all be off the board. The next tier of DT’s is expected to go in the top of the 2nd round. even all the top LB's are not expected to be drafted until the 2nd round.

The best value at 24 (best player available) will likely be a WR. Now we do need a WR but we need OL, DL, and LB much more. Should we reach for a OL, DT, or LB or do we take the best available player even if its a WR?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,510

Post#59 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:04 pm

My crystal ball says they take a Tackle.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:My crystal ball says they take a Tackle.

That’s the biggest need right now for the Cowboys. They’ve been in this position before though when they drafted Dez Bryant and CeeDee Lamb. Both times the Cowboys needed defense. When they drafted Lamb they also already had Amari Cooper. Both times they drafted the best available player (the WR). It worked out both times because each player ended up being the best player they could have drafted at their spot. So with that in mind I would not be shocked if they drafted a WR first this year.

Return to Dallas Cowboys