ImageImageImageImage

Week 13 vs. Houston Texans.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,720

Re: Week 13 vs. Houston Texans. 

Post#61 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm going to relax and enjoy the win we pulled out today. Want to get some enjoyment out of this win however when we all break down this game later in the week I am going to have a lot to say about things.

The most important of all is the Cowboys snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

It was really looking like a loss after that 2nd INT from Dak.
But the defense held the Texans scoreless even when they were inside the 10-yard line.
Then the Dallas offense rewarded the great Cowboy defense with a touchdown for a Dallas Cowboys victory.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#62 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:07 pm

I truly believe Dak will do what Tony Romo couldn't, take the Cowboys to the NFC title game.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#63 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:12 pm

I want Tom Brady in the playoffs.

If the Cowboys are to be special this season, they have to be able to beat Brady and the Bucs.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:12 pm

Fierce1 wrote:I truly believe Dak will do what Tony Romo couldn't, take the Cowboys to the NFC title game.

Not if they play and coach like they did today.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#65 » by Mr B » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:12 pm

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#66 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:14 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:I truly believe Dak will do what Tony Romo couldn't, take the Cowboys to the NFC title game.

Not if they play and coach like they did today.

True.

But this is an aberration, one those days where the team is not at its best.

I'm sure if these two teams play again the Cowboys will beat them convincingly.

This is a perfect example of how a team can still win even when they're not playing well.

Just like last season when the Cowboys unexpectedly lost to the Raiders.

If this were last season, I think the Cowboys would've lost this game.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#67 » by Fierce1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:17 pm

Mr B wrote:Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.

I don't think it was luck.

The Texans had the game won when they picked off Dak for the 2nd time and it was inside the 20-yard line.

But the Cowboy defense held up and the Dallas offense delivered when it mattered most.

It's a case of the Cowboys persevering.

The Texans simply choked!
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#68 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:27 pm

Dak I feel played "good" (not great), his first INT hit the WR on target and his second INT, which was more his fault, he had his arm hit by a pass rusher.

When the game was on the line he drove down the field 95 yards and scored.

I am worried about our defense. Our secondary is depleted, Micah Parsons looks "off", and they can not stop the run up the middle.

That play call on 4th and goal running Zeke up the middle was almost the difference in the game. What a horrendous play call that was.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#69 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:55 am

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak I feel played "good" (not great), his first INT hit the WR on target and his second INT, which was more his fault, he had his arm hit by a pass rusher.

I am worried about our defense. Our secondary is depleted, Micah Parsons looks "off", and they can not stop the run up the middle.

That play call on 4th and goal running Zeke up the middle was almost the difference in the game. What a horrendous play call that was.

The Zeke play was the right call just poorly executed by Josh Ball. Maliek Collins whipped his ass. This game wouldn’t have been so close if they had stuck to the run game. Both Zeke and Pollard were kicking their ass on that first drive. Then they got away from the run. In short yardage there is no reason they shouldn’t be running the ball. That’s their strength.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#70 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:56 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Dak I feel played "good" (not great), his first INT hit the WR on target and his second INT, which was more his fault, he had his arm hit by a pass rusher.

The Zeke play was the right call just poorly executed by Josh Ball. Maliek Collins whipped his ass. This game wouldn’t have been so close if they had stuck to the run game. Both Zeke and Pollard were kicking their ass on that first drive. Then they got away from the run. In short yardage there is no reason they shouldn’t be running the ball. That’s their strength.

I disagree, poor play call. It was blown by everyone. He was met in the backfield by the entire defense.

Read on Twitter
?t=KzUNofiv-wDtnFy4MMgYeQ&s=19

Zeke carried is all the way up there, it was time to switch it up. They were ready for him.

At minimum go Pollard on the edge. Zeke was worn down too.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#71 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:46 pm

Fierce1 wrote:True.

This is a perfect example of how a team can still win even when they're not playing well.

I would argue that with the exception of the 4th quarter against the Colts, the last two games have been "uneven" at best. I'm not going to just say they suck or coaching changes need to be made or the QB is terrible like others here, but there are "opportunities" for improvement right now and yesterday was a continuation of some of those issues on both sides of the ball. And now that the OBJ circus has left town, hopefully those improvements can be addressed.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#72 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:30 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:True.

I would argue that with the exception of the 4th quarter against the Colts, the last two games have been "uneven" at best. I'm not going to just say they suck or coaching changes need to be made or the QB is terrible like others here, but there are "opportunities" for improvement right now and yesterday was a continuation of some of those issues on both sides of the ball. And now that the OBJ circus has left town, hopefully those improvements can be addressed.

This is a very reasonable, objective, and clear minded take. I agree 100%.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:59 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Lol man, this game is not on Dak.

That's all you're capable of seeing

Dak has 2 int's. Who's not capable of seeing? :crazy:

The first one hit the WR in the chest and the 2nd one Daks arm was hit.

Dak's about to win the game so it's all good

First INT was thrown into coverage and not only was high, but behind him. Second int was exactly like a Tony Romo Int that has no explanation for it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#74 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Dak has 2 int's. Who's not capable of seeing? :crazy:

The first one hit the WR in the chest and the 2nd one Daks arm was hit.

Dak's about to win the game so it's all good

First INT was thrown into coverage and not only was high, but behind him. Second int was exactly like a Tony Romo Int that has no explanation for it.

Read on Twitter

It literally hit Brown right in the hands and then unlucky deflection to a defender.

The second one he had his arm hit by the defender guarded by Ball.

This is why PFF marks "adjusted interceptions" which removes all the deflections and WR drops, but also adds the INTs that were drops by defenders that should have been intercepted. Then we have an accurate list of INTs that are actually on the QB.

The 2nd one, where his arm was hit, may still be marked as an adjusted INT against Dak, I don't know how they interpret that TBH.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#75 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:43 pm

So does that mean if Dak has two or three INT's in a playoff loss you will feel better if PPF says they are all adjustable interceptions? Why can't Dak and the coaching staff have a clean game vs. a 1-11-1 team?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#76 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:38 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:So does that mean if Dak has two or three INT's in a playoff loss you will feel better if PPF says they are all adjustable interceptions? Why can't Dak and the coaching staff have a clean game vs. a 1-11-1 team?

Look I just try to be real (like PFF is trying to do). And the reality is not everything is Dak's fault. If the ball bounced out of the WR's hands then that is on the WR.

Dak's last INT is arguable, he got hit on the bicep mid throw and it caused the ball to go in the wrong direction. Josh Ball actually let the defender do that twice. The time before was the fumble. It could be argued I suppose that Dak should have sensed the pressure and not thrown the ball.

If the INT is just Dak making a poor throw, then that is on Dak. He has done that before and he will do it again. All QBs do. Brett Favre won a ring with an extremely high INT rate. They happen. You just have to hope that when they do happen it is more like a punt and not too costly. Because punt the ball away to the defense isn't much different than a bomb INT. When they are near your endzone they are very harmful, or when it is a pick-6 obviously.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#77 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:52 am

I'll add this though. I do not feel like Dak played a "great" game yesterday. He was great at the end in that 98 yard drive. But outside of that it was not very impressive. I don't feel like either of the INTs were really on him, but he couldn't get the ball to CeeDee all game who is the star WR, that shouldn't be happening. CeeDee needs to be making big plays in every game.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#78 » by linery88 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:05 am

This was an easy game to see a letdown happening,after blowing out Indy,and the players reading their press clippings...all of them including Dak,and the coaches.No big deal though..they will learn from it.Houston really prepped hard for this one.Right now I dont mind where we are for the most part.I get more nervous about if they host a playoff game than if they are on the road.AT/T stadium has never been able to hear our fans like other stadiums,like Seattle.Would be so cool if we won a SB as a road WC team,but not holding my breath right now.Still not disciplined enough-IMO.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#79 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:09 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Dak's last INT is arguable, he got hit on the bicep mid throw and it caused the ball to go in the wrong direction. Josh Ball actually let the defender do that twice. The time before was the fumble. It could be argued I suppose that Dak should have sensed the pressure and not thrown the ball...

And we saw how the coaching staff responded to that... they planted his ass on the bench and inserted Peters for the final drive. And QB1 remained clean.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#80 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:46 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So does that mean if Dak has two or three INT's in a playoff loss you will feel better if PPF says they are all adjustable interceptions? Why can't Dak and the coaching staff have a clean game vs. a 1-11-1 team?

Look I just try to be real (like PFF is trying to do). And the reality is not everything is Dak's fault. If the ball bounced out of the WR's hands then that is on the WR.

Dak's last INT is arguable, he got hit on the bicep mid throw and it caused the ball to go in the wrong direction. Josh Ball actually let the defender do that twice. The time before was the fumble. It could be argued I suppose that Dak should have sensed the pressure and not thrown the ball.

If the INT is just Dak making a poor throw, then that is on Dak. He has done that before and he will do it again. All QBs do. Brett Favre won a ring with an extremely high INT rate. They happen. You just have to hope that when they do happen it is more like a punt and not too costly. Because punt the ball away to the defense isn't much different than a bomb INT. When they are near your endzone they are very harmful, or when it is a pick-6 obviously.

I guess after Jerry's comments this morning, he's not too happy with Dak's play and INT's either. "I want Dak to be agressive WITHOUT the INT's". Same concern I've had with Dak for the past 3 years. Time for some clean games after 8 years. And not just against the scrub teams. Otherwise, like I've said numerous times it will be one and done come playoff time. Wipe out all the dumb mistakes, penalties and turnovers, we could go very deep.

Return to Dallas Cowboys