Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Re: Training Camp 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Image

Dak is going into the exact same age/season for Peyton when he won his first ring.

So now your trying to compare Dak to Manning. That's like comparing apples to oranges. :lol: :rofl: :falloff: First of all Manning has a brain to begin with. Second of all he had to go through a GOAT QB and GOAT coach throughout his whole career in a much more difficult division and conference without a good defense except one year. And its not like Manning didn't win his share of playoff games. Granted he lost to Brady a few times in the AFC Championship game, but at least he got there a number of times and had no problem getting by the divisional rounds.
I'll be you any amount of money right now that your boy Dak doesn't deliver a Super Bowl in his last 2 years of his contract. Just because you have slip covers on all your bedroom furniture, a poster on the wall of dumb Dak that you materbate to every night, doesn't mean the rest of Cowboy nation does. You are so much in love with this guy you can't even see how much he is killing this team with his lack of talent, lack of brain, his contract and how far he is setting this franchise back. Hopefully very, very, very soon Parsons will step up and become the voice, face and over all leader of this team. Dak has the leadership of a hyena in heat. Dak and McCarthy have so much pressure on them and continue to add pressure to themselves needlessly that I can see both of them getting fired at the end of the year. I feel so bad for Dan Quinn and Will McClay. All the great work they have done the past few years and they have to depend on Dak to get them all to the promised land we haven't seen in 27 years and counting.

After making this post I got a phone call from one of my Cowboy buddies. He told me to go see the video of what Skip Bayless said about Dak this morning. It confirms what I had just posted. Apparently I'm not the only Cowboy fan that feels the same way about Dak.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,151

Post#62 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:40 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Image

Dak is going into the exact same age/season for Peyton when he won his first ring.

So now your trying to compare Dak to Manning. That's like comparing apples to oranges. :lol: :rofl: :falloff: First of all Manning has a brain to begin with. Second of all he had to go through a GOAT QB and GOAT coach throughout his whole career in a much more difficult division and conference without a good defense except one year. And its not like Manning didn't win his share of playoff games. Granted he lost to Brady a few times in the AFC Championship game, but at least he got there a number of times and had no problem getting by the divisional rounds.
I'll be you any amount of money right now that your boy Dak doesn't deliver a Super Bowl in his last 2 years of his contract. Just because you have slip covers on all your bedroom furniture, a poster on the wall of dumb Dak that you materbate to every night, doesn't mean the rest of Cowboy nation does. You are so much in love with this guy you can't even see how much he is killing this team with his lack of talent, lack of brain, his contract and how far he is setting this franchise back. Hopefully very, very, very soon Parsons will step up and become the voice, face and over all leader of this team. Dak has the leadership of a hyena in heat. Dak and McCarthy have so much pressure on them and continue to add pressure to themselves needlessly that I can see both of them getting fired at the end of the year. I feel so bad for Dan Quinn and Will McClay. All the great work they have done the past few years and they have to depend on Dak to get them all to the promised land we haven't seen in 27 years and counting.

After making this post I got a phone call from one of my Cowboy buddies. He told me to go see the video of what Skip Bayless said about Dak this morning. It confirms what I had just posted. Apparently I'm not the only Cowboy fan that feels the same way about Dak.

Listening to anything Skip Bayless says doesn’t help your argument.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#63 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:47 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So now your trying to compare Dak to Manning. That's like comparing apples to oranges. :lol: :rofl: :falloff: First of all Manning has a brain to begin with. Second of all he had to go through a GOAT QB and GOAT coach throughout his whole career in a much more difficult division and conference without a good defense except one year. And its not like Manning didn't win his share of playoff games. Granted he lost to Brady a few times in the AFC Championship game, but at least he got there a number of times and had no problem getting by the divisional rounds.

Listening to anything Skip Bayless says doesn’t help your argument.

I wasn't trying to make an argument in that regard. I was just pointing out there are many Cowboy fans that have had it with Dak, don't like him and don't have unhealthy man crushes on him. Doesn't really matter if its Skip on Fox, Steven A. smith on ESPN, or Kyle on NFL Network, its all over the place and in the media. Questioning a QB's leadership abilities is never a good sign at all. Of all the Cowboy fans I know and talk to in my neck of the woods, play fantasy with, etc., I can only find one person that feels the same way as Micah. Micah has known for 3 years my feeling regarding Dak. He tries to make it look like I am in the minority when it comes to his boy. No matter how much he tries, I don't see at all that I am in the minority on this one in my everyday life.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#64 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:17 am

I know there are plenty of Cowboy fans who do not have faith in Dak. But I do think you are in a small niche group who are extra obsessive on it and its to the point that it defeats the purpose of being a fan altogether.

If you are a Cowboys fan you should root for him no matter what. Even if you don't believe in him. And you don't root for Dak to succeed, you root for him to fail. You insult and call him dumb repeatedly. It's literally the exact same way that Eagle fans act toward Dak. Actually now that I think about it Eagle fans have more respect for Dak than you do.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#65 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:47 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I know there are plenty of Cowboy fans who do not have faith in Dak. But I do think you are in a small niche group who are extra obsessive on it and its to the point that it defeats the purpose of being a fan altogether.

If you are a Cowboys fan you should root for him no matter what. Even if you don't believe in him. And you don't root for Dak to succeed, you root for him to fail. You insult and call him dumb repeatedly. It's literally the exact same way that Eagle fans act toward Dak. Actually now that I think about it Eagle fans have more respect for Dak than you do.

The bigger shame here is that there’s a damn game tomorrow night with a number of positions that remain in flux and we can’t have a discussion without this damn “dumb Dak” and “Fat Mike” garbage infiltrating this thread as well as 4 of the top 5 threads in this forum. Even Twitter isn’t this obsessive.

So… with that, that’s where you guys can find me. Feel free to look ol’ Otis B. Driftwood up via @aubrey75092 . I would appreciate the follow and will reciprocate.

Peace.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#66 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:41 am

In other news: Maher still has the yips.

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#67 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:35 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I know there are plenty of Cowboy fans who do not have faith in Dak. But I do think you are in a small niche group who are extra obsessive on it and its to the point that it defeats the purpose of being a fan altogether.

The bigger shame here is that there’s a damn game tomorrow night with a number of positions that remain in flux and we can’t have a discussion without this damn “dumb Dak” and “Fat Mike” garbage infiltrating this thread as well as 4 of the top 5 threads in this forum. Even Twitter isn’t this obsessive.

So… with that, that’s where you guys can find me. Feel free to look ol’ Otis B. Driftwood up via @aubrey75092 . I would appreciate the follow and will reciprocate.

Peace.

Whatever you say Roadhog Moran. We have had to listen to your spewing and your hatred for Clint Murchinson, Rod Hill, etc., for many years in here and previous places. I posted D. Ware was over rated a few years ago and been telling you all I feel Dak is not the guy, can't stand him etc., and you get your panties in such a ruffle like an 80 year old women with a lifetime grudge. Talk about a damn hypocrite. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you live in a state with a Governor like Abbott and Senators like Cancun Ted Cruz that run and are the face of your state. Say a lot of what Texas really stands for anyway.
I've had nothing but total praise for Dan Quinn, Will McClay and and the Doomsday defense that will be on the field in 3 weeks when the season starts. Outside of Jerry, Dak and McCarthy I have not said one bad thing about this team. Yes, I'm not at all happy with the Zack Martin situation at all. I love Martin and everyone on the offense except Dak. So what, I hate Dak, Jerry and McCarthy. I've made no bones about for the past 3 years. And deep down we all know yo hate Jerry as much as the rest of us. There is 7 years of posts on your behalf in here to support it. And when in the hell did I prevent anyone in here the past 7 years from having a discussion about anything. Since when have you become a drama queen? Please. Dak is not brought up at training camp discussions? :lol: Dak is not part of the Cowboys State of Union? :lol: Dak's name is never brought up in the 2023 off season news and notes? :lol: Posters can't talk about Dak if they are in their top 5 players of all time? Geez Roadhog or Otis, where should we have discussion and debate that suits your fancy whether I bring it up or somebody else does. I'm not infiltrating a damn thing or any thread in here. I have just as much right to express my thoughts and feelings as anyone else in here or in the general as so do you. But your alternative facts and MAGA mentality won't work where ever you go and post. I thought you would have learned your lesson at sportshoopla when you got run out of there because not everyone agreed with you on all your thoughts and feelings about the team. Grow up man.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#68 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:48 pm

And there it is.

I could counter every single point this imbecile makes but why? Better to just move on and leave the discourse with you all. And I shall.

Peace.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#69 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And there it is.

I could counter every single point this imbecile makes but why? Better to just move on and leave the discourse with you all. And I shall.

Peace.

You can't counter jack ****. But lets have it. Get it off your chest. Be a real man and just say it instead of hiding behind your computer screen like a phony wimp. There is no evidence, stats or numbers that prove I have been wrong about Dak the past 3 years. Go for it. I can hardly wait. Your all bull **** like half the crap that comes out of your mouth. Everywhere you go, you end up leaving or get run out of town by the other posters. But nothing is never your fault and you are never wrong. Its always everyone else because they don't agree with your point of view 100% of the time. Like I said, put on your big boy pants, grow up and get over yourself.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#70 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Peace.

You can't counter jack ****. But lets have it. Get it off your chest. Be a real man and just say it instead of hiding behind your computer screen like a phony wimp. There is no evidence, stats or numbers that prove I have been wrong about Dak the past 3 years. Go for it. I can hardly wait. Your all bull **** like half the crap that comes out of your mouth. Everywhere you go, you end up leaving or get run out of town by the other posters. But nothing is never your fault and you are never wrong. Its always everyone else because they don't agree with your point of view 100% of the time. Like I said, put on your big boy pants, grow up and get over yourself.

It's not even about being right or wrong. This forum is to celebrate the Cowboys because we are fans of the team. You are the most outspoken of the 4 in here and all you do is beat us over the head with negatively. How we'll never win anything with dumb Dak.

We don't want to hear about how awful we are. We could hang out in the Eagle forum for that.

It's okay to vent about players after a loss. We all do that. If Dak goes out and throws 5 ints and we lose then sure, vent away. But with you it's 24/7 nonstop dumb Dak talk.

It would also be more acceptable if you ever celebrated his victories or good play. But you don't. It's ONLY negatively. All you achieve is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. And it's just a game, meant for our entertainment. If we can't enjoy this place then what is the point?
Mamba42
Pro Prospect
And1: 171

Post#71 » by Mamba42 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:51 pm

Who do we think we end up being RB2? I have a sneaking suspicion it will end up being Zeke, but I hope not.

I'd prefer Malik Davis over Dowdle myself, but I don't see Vaughn being reliable enough in pass protection.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#72 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Peace.

It's not even about being right or wrong. This forum is to celebrate the Cowboys because we are fans of the team. You are the most outspoken of the 4 in here and all you do is beat us over the head with negatively. How we'll never win anything with dumb Dak.

We don't want to hear about how awful we are. We could hang out in the Eagle forum for that.

It's okay to vent about players after a loss. We all do that. If Dak goes out and throws 5 ints and we lose then sure, vent away. But with you it's 24/7 nonstop dumb Dak talk.

It would also be more acceptable if you ever celebrated his victories or good play. But you don't. It's ONLY negatively. All you achieve is leaving a bad taste in people's mouths. And it's just a game, meant for our entertainment. If we can't enjoy this place then what is the point?

Fine. I'd rather talk about the defense, the Zack Martin situation and who the hell is going to kick for us this year. I just have absolutely no faith in Dak and will not bring it up again unless I'm forced to. I'm not trying to drive anyone away from this place, even you. I don't hate or dislike you in any fashion. We just don't agree on Dak, that's all. I'm only negative with Dak, McCarthy and Jerry. You know how excited I've been with this defense since the night we drafted Mazi. Never said one negative thing about this team or any of the other coaches outside of the 3 names I mentioned above.
For your sake I will back off from all Dak discussion and debate going forward. The other Cowboy posters that take the summer and off season off should be back soon and hopefully a few new ones from the site that just closed down. I'm totally focused and beyond excited about our defense anyway.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#73 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:26 pm

Mamba42 wrote:Who do we think we end up being RB2? I have a sneaking suspicion it will end up being Zeke, but I hope not.

I'd prefer Malik Davis over Dowdle myself, but I don't see Vaughn being reliable enough in pass protection.

Mr. B. came out with a depth chart about a week ago. Apparently Davis and Dowdle are the back up but Dowdle will primarily used as a full back when they have those sets.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by Mamba42 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:52 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mamba42 wrote:Who do we think we end up being RB2? I have a sneaking suspicion it will end up being Zeke, but I hope not.

Mr. B. came out with a depth chart about a week ago. Apparently Davis and Dowdle are the back up but Dowdle will primarily used as a full back when they have those sets.
That's interesting. What I've read on it is those two are basically fighting for a spot against each other currently.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,500

Post#75 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:12 pm

Bjj got his wish. No Dak.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#76 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:46 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

That's interesting. What I've read on it is those two are basically fighting for a spot against each other currently.

Except for the fumble on the 1 yard line, I thought Dowdle was looking pretty damn good. He runs hard. I like that.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#77 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:08 pm

Jake Ferguson made a super nice catch in the first half. he looks pretty damn good to me so far. I was very disappointed to see how Mazi looked physically. He looks out of shape and has way more body fat than I like. I mean he is suppose to be big and fat as a DT, but around the belly, he looks too soft to me. Get in Shape damn it.
Mamba42
Pro Prospect

Post#78 » by Mamba42 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:40 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jake Ferguson made a super nice catch in the first half. he looks pretty damn good to me so far. I was very disappointed to she how Mazi looked physically. He looks out of shape and has way more body fat than I like. I mean he is suppose to be big and fat as a DT, but around the belly, he looks too soft to me. Get in Shape damn it.
Ferguson is going to be a beast I think. Schultz was very consistent but I think Ferguson is a lot more athletic
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#79 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:29 pm

Mamba42 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I think after Deuces performance Saturday night, a person could make a case he could be the back up to Pollard. :nod:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,151

Post#80 » by Mr B » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jake Ferguson made a super nice catch in the first half. he looks pretty damn good to me so far. I was very disappointed to she how Mazi looked physically. He looks out of shape and has way more body fat than I like. I mean he is suppose to be big and fat as a DT, but around the belly, he looks too soft to me. Get in Shape damn it.

I don’t think the problem with Mazi is that he’s out of shape. The problem he’s having is the same reason he went in the late 1st instead of early in the 1st. He has a slow first step. He also has a tendency to play too high. These are correctable but it will take time. They should still have a very solid rotation at 1-tech with Mazi, Hankins, and Bohanon.

Return to Dallas Cowboys