ImageImageImageImage

2023 Cowboys Offseason News & Notes

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Re: 2023 Cowboys Offseason News & Notes 

Post#661 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:09 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:What sucks though is that the type of individual that smokes weed and speeds around with friends are never the ones that are hard workers. Just being a partier in general is bad. You'd never see someone like JJ Watt speeding around with weed and guns. Because he only cares about playing football.

What what the guys name that killed his friend (and other Cowboys player) in a roll over accident in Las Colinas a few years ago?
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#662 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:49 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:The official police report states Williams had a vape pen with synthetic narcotic (controlled substance) and marijuana on his possession. Also in his possession was a glock hand gun with 14 9mm rounds, no front license plate or registration sticker while doing 71 in a 45mph zone. Randy Gregory 2.0

Not good, and you never want that character type on a roster.

HOWEVER, I will say this isn't quite as bad as I presumed. It's bad, don't get me wrong. But I thought he had cocaine and some serious weapons to get cited on weapons in Texas. Also, 71 in a 45 is bad, but it isn't Henry Ruggs bad, and as far as we know he was sober.

I don't even understand why he has a weapon charge having just a pistol. I was under the impression that anyone of legal age could not only own a handgun, but walk around with them in public, no license needed.

That true but you can’t have a gun and illegal drugs in you. The drugs make having the handgun a misdemeanor. It’s barely a slap on the wrist. And for him to get busy with a vape pen and a small amount of weed with he was dealt he with a real a-hole cop of HE was being the a-hole and escalated the situation to where the cop took him to jail.

Ah I see. Okay that makes sense.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#663 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:50 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:What sucks though is that the type of individual that smokes weed and speeds around with friends are never the ones that are hard workers. Just being a partier in general is bad. You'd never see someone like JJ Watt speeding around with weed and guns. Because he only cares about playing football.

What what the guys name that killed his friend (and other Cowboys player) in a roll over accident in Las Colinas a few years ago?

Josh Brent?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#664 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:40 pm

Mr B wrote:That true but you can’t have a gun and illegal drugs in you. The drugs make having the handgun a misdemeanor. It’s barely a slap on the wrist. And for him to get busy with a vape pen and a small amount of weed with he was dealt he with a real a-hole cop of HE was being the a-hole and escalated the situation to where the cop took him to jail.

And - this sums up why IMHO…

"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM

Post#665 » by Mr B » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:31 pm

Well this is interesting. Trey Lance as the new project QB for the Cowboys? For a mid-round pick? Can’t say I hate it. Why not kick the tires on former top 5 QB pick.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,504

Post#666 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:36 pm

Poor Bjj. He's a bigtime Trey Lance hater. It's too funny. :lol:

The Niners are such idiots for the amount of draft capital they gave up for this kid. They completely botched the whole situation.

Good for Dallas, if it works out.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#667 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:07 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Poor Bjj. He's a bigtime Trey Lance hater. It's too funny. :lol:

The Niners are such idiots for the amount of draft capital they gave up for this kid. They completely botched the whole situation.

I like the trade. There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel to escape from Dak. Maybe there is hope after all. Lets start getting the kid ready now because we all know Dak will fail. I'm actually giddy over this move. The countdown begins for Dak now. No more excuses and letting Prescott off the hook anymore. The sooner the better for me. :party: Absolute best news since the draft. :guitar:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#668 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:09 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Poor Bjj. He's a bigtime Trey Lance hater. It's too funny. :lol:

I like the trade. There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel to escape from Dak. Maybe there is hope after all. Lets start getting the kid ready now because we all know Dak will fail. I'm actually giddy over this move. The countdown begins for Dak now. No more excuses and letting Prescott off the hook anymore. The sooner the better for me. :party: Absolute best news since the draft. :guitar:

Bro, you we're **** on Lance just a few days ago. :wink:

But I get it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#669 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:20 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Bro, you we're **** on Lance just a few days ago. :wink:

But I get it.

I hate Dak even worse. There's 3 years of posts in here to back me up. Too bad Jerry didn't listen to me 3 years ago. I guess Jerry is starting to listen to his defense and past players regarding Dak. Poor Dak, tic tock, tick tock.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#670 » by Mr B » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:21 am

How does that saying go… be careful what you wish for.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#671 » by Mr B » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

He will get a chance to sit and learn now. He will start off as the #3 QB and then battle Cooper Rush for the backup job. If he can clearly beat out Cooper Rush, then Dak better watch out. He’s due for a HUGE contract extension and he’s going into his 7th season with only 2 playoff wins. Regardless of how anyone feels about Dak history says guys like Dak don’t all of sudden go on a SB run with the team they’re currently on. I don’t think Jerry wants to pay him and is now looking for an out.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#672 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:28 am

Mr B wrote:

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of him. I didn't like him coming out of the draft. Because he was an extremely raw prospect. But gambling on him for a 4th round pick isn't the end of the world. The kid just needs to play. He basically hasn't played Football since the start of Covid. That's three years of him basically not playing (Only 4 starts).
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#673 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:29 am

Correction. Never said or admitted I hated Lance. Just said I was not impressed at all with what I had seen of him so far when I was arguing and debating that guy the other day. Lance is only 23 years old. At least there is hope. There is none with Dak.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#674 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:30 am

Mr B wrote:

That's what I said when Jerry gave Dak his money.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#675 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:34 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of him. I didn't like him coming out of the draft. Because he was an extremely raw prospect. But gambling on him for a 4th round pick isn't the end of the world. The kid just needs to play. He basically hasn't played Football since the start of Covid. That's three years of him basically not playing (Only 4 starts).

It was awful nice of the Whiners to spend all that draft capital on Lance just to hand him of to us for cheap. Can you imagine how the Whiners will feel if we get our 6th Super bowl before them and Lance is the reason why. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#676 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:19 am

Welp that's probably our future after Dak. I don't think they would bring in someone who was drafted that high just two years ago to be our long term backup. And I don't think Lance would be happy here in that situation.

Not sure how I feel about it because all signs point to him being a bust. The 9ers preferred Sam Darnold to him as their #2. That says a lot imo.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#677 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:21 am

I wonder how Cooper Rush feels about it. Kind of a slap in the face to him. That's the Cowboys letting Cooper know that he had no future here as a starter.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#678 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:37 am

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#679 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:08 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

He will get a chance to sit and learn now. He will start off as the #3 QB and then battle Cooper Rush for the backup job. If he can clearly beat out Cooper Rush, then Dak better watch out. He’s due for a HUGE contract extension and he’s going into his 7th season with only 2 playoff wins. Regardless of how anyone feels about Dak history says guys like Dak don’t all of sudden go on a SB run with the team they’re currently on. I don’t think Jerry wants to pay him and is now looking for an out.[/quote]

Jerry is finally waking up to Dak? :rofl: Why did it take him 3 years to long to see what most other knowledgable fans already new 3 years ago? You can't blame the defense and ex Cowboy players for finally speaking out regarding this matter and Jerry is finally listen for a change. The window stays open for only so long in the NFL and the defense and the ex players want to cash in on a chip or two in the next 3 years and they don't want their hopes and dreams for this team to be crushed by Dak again. I mean in 8 years Dak has as many playoff wins as Blake Bortles while QB's like Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdey have surpassed him in just a year or two. I wonder if Micah will be as upset with Jerry for this move as he has been with me the past 2 years for my comments on this matter. There is no doubt in my mind now what is going to happen to Dak if he doesn't deliver a NFC championship this year. Also Dak now has no leverage in future contract talks. Tick tock, tick tock.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#680 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I wonder how Cooper Rush feels about it. Kind of a slap in the face to him. That's the Cowboys letting Cooper know that he had no future here as a starter.

Screw Cooper Rush. He's just a back up that will never get us to the promised land. You should wonder how your boy feels. Talk about a slap in the face. As if there already wasn't enough pressure already for him going into this season. And we all know how Dak does in handling pressure when the biggest moments arrive. And this is a big moment. Dak was never drafted to be our starting QB anyway. He was drafted 8 years ago to be Romo's back up. Due to circumstances regarding Romo's health, Dak was thrown early to the wolves and it hasn't worked out. Now we have a number 1 draft choice to quickly develope and take over. The Dak experiment is finally over. :party: he has been spoon fed and let off the hook for 8 years. Well no more. Produce or your days are very numbered. :nod:

Return to Dallas Cowboys