Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Re: 2021 NFL Draft. 

Post#81 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:51 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Micah Parsons. I'll take it. He was one of the 3 players I had on my list to take with our first pick. Horn was already gone which surprised me. However, I still would have taken Slater. Chargers got a steal taking him where they did.

Yea I hate that they passed on Slater and hate that both CB’s were gone but Parsons might be the best defensive player in the draft. He’s definitely going to help the run defense. Looking at this film Parsons looks like a bigger faster version of Jamal Adams. I don’t hate the pick at all. He just has to stay out of trouble off the field. He has a reputation of being a bully. That’s fine on the field he just needs to learn how and when to turn it off. We don’t need him beating up teammates or anyone else.

This might be the end of Jaylon Smith in Dallas. If he does stick around he’ll be playing on the strong side. He better have a pro bowl caliber season in 2021 or he’s definitely gone. Same goes for LVE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Lee retired last week, finally (thank GOD). And we are still waiting to hear about Vander Esch and the news and rumors I'm getting don't sound positive. Feel real bad for Vander Esch however. Looks like his neck issues are forcing to leave the game so taking Parsons makes all the sense in the world.

I haven’t heard anything about LVE’s neck issues still bothering him. I have heard that they likely will not pick up the 5th year option on his contract. That means he’ll be playing in a contract year this season. He better hope he can stay healthy. This is the way I expect they will be played this season.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Mr B
RealGM

Post#82 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Here are ESPN’s best available. Best case scenario is S Trevon Moehrig or DT Christian Barmore are still in the board at 44.

After those two I’m looking at OL Teven Jenkins, OL Liam Eichenberg, CB Tyson Campbell, or DT Levi Onwuzurike.

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be great but would also seem like overkill. Asante Samuel Jr would also be great but Cowboys might think he’s too small.

I really love Tevin Jenkins out of Oklahoma State. On the other hand, Javonte Williams from North Carolina is still on the board. IMHO he is the best RB in the Draft and 5th overall player in the draft. That is why I brought up Elliot's contract earlier last month.

Javonte Williams honestly might be there in the 3rd or 4th round. RB is just not high on anyone’s board.

The Cowboys have 4 picks today (one 2nd, and three 3rd’s). I read last night that they likely will not be moving up. They have a lot of holes to fill and will more than likely use all the picks today instead of packaging them together to move up.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,362

Post#83 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Here are ESPN’s best available. Best case scenario is S Trevon Moehrig or DT Christian Barmore are still in the board at 44.

After those two I’m looking at OL Teven Jenkins, OL Liam Eichenberg, CB Tyson Campbell, or DT Levi Onwuzurike.

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be great but would also seem like overkill. Asante Samuel Jr would also be great but Cowboys might think he’s too small.

I really love Tevin Jenkins out of Oklahoma State. On the other hand, Javonte Williams from North Carolina is still on the board. IMHO he is the best RB in the Draft and 5th overall player in the draft. That is why I brought up Elliot's contract earlier last month.

Javonte Williams honestly might be there in the 3rd or 4th round. RB is just not high on anyone’s board.

The Cowboys have 4 picks today (one 2nd, and three 3rd’s). I read last night that they likely will not be moving up. They have a lot of holes to fill and will more than likely use all the picks today instead of packaging them together to move up.

With this extra 3ird round pick thanks to the Egals, we have more leverage now to do things like combine our 4th and one of our 3ird's to move up in the second round for better talent.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:24 pm

I'm hoping with our 4 picks tonight we get an OL- Teven Jenkins, DT - Christian Barmore and many Cowboy fans hoping we take S- Tevon Moehrig. I believe I would be happy if we got one of those guys in the second round.
Me I would do something different. I still would for sure draft one of those players in the second round mentioned above. This is where I would trade Elliot for someone's second round or stud CB. Use that pick for Javonte Williams and eat the dead money on Elliot. Patriots want to get rid of Gilmore and his contract. We get one of the top corners in the league and the Patriots for sure could use an RB. Win, win for both teams.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#85 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping with our 4 picks tonight we get an OL- Teven Jenkins, DT - Christian Barmore and many Cowboy fans hoping we take S- Tevon Moehrig. I believe I would be happy if we got one of those guys in the second round.
Me I would do something different. I still would for sure draft one of those players in the second round mentioned above. This is where I would trade Elliot for someone's second round or stud CB. Use that pick for Javonte Williams and eat the dead money on Elliot. Patriots want to get rid of Gilmore and his contract. We get one of the top corners in the league and the Patriots for sure could use an RB. Win, win for both teams.

I don’t think they could trade Elliott because of his contract and cap hit however I do think they will trade Gallup today. There have been rumors that the Cowboys have been talking to the Jets for pick 34. I’m hoping it’s for Trevon Moehrig, Christian Barmore, or Teven Jenkins. All of those guys are studs and anyone of them would be a great addition to this team.

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#86 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 1, 2021 12:06 am

Another guy with Red Flags.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,429

Post#87 » by coldfish » Sat May 1, 2021 4:35 am

I've been a Cowboys fan for a long time. Usually when a draft has a ton of flags, it ends up working out very poorly. This reminds me of some of the drafts from the early 00's.

They had the draft capital to move up and take some studs at positions of need. Instead they took a bunch of reaches. You never know how things will work out but I would probably rate this as Dallas' worst draft in a while.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 1, 2021 1:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping with our 4 picks tonight we get an OL- Teven Jenkins, DT - Christian Barmore and many Cowboy fans hoping we take S- Tevon Moehrig. I believe I would be happy if we got one of those guys in the second round.

I don’t think they could trade Elliott because of his contract and cap hit however I do think they will trade Gallup today. There have been rumors that the Cowboys have been talking to the Jets for pick 34. I’m hoping it’s for Trevon Moehrig, Christian Barmore, or Teven Jenkins. All of those guys are studs and anyone of them would be a great addition to this team.

A guy can dream a little once in a while, can't he? I'm just done with Elliot and can't wait till he leaves whenever that is. I had the feeling all day we wouldn't get any of the guys I listed above. Cowboys have been sucking in the second round for years. I was a bit disappointed we never got one of them. Damn bears took Teven Jenkins. He was the guy I really wanted. Once the Patriots moved up to take Barmore, I knew we would get screwed this round.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mr B » Sat May 1, 2021 5:53 pm

Kelvin Joseph does have some red flags for sure. The kid and flat out play though. Physically, athletically, and skill wise the kid has it. Don’t forget he was recruited and started at LSU before ending up at Kentucky. He was second in the SEC in interceptions, he’s a ball hawk. Now that the NFL doesn’t test for weed that won’t be a problem for him. The biggest question on him is how dedicated is he to being the best football player he can be? He’s also a rapper, so which does he want to be? He really can’t be the best at both.

The guy I’m excited about is Jabril Cox, also from LSU. He’s 6’3” 230 lbs and probably the best coverage LB in the draft. The way he plays I’m wondering if he could make the transition to Strong Safety, the same way Darren Woodson did. I believe Cox had 8 ints during his college career, so he’s also a bit of a ball hawk. If he stays at LB it’s going to be fun to see him and Parsons on the field together.

When you consider how bad the Cowboys defense was last season I’m glad that they are loading up on defense in the draft. They have addressed every level of defense so far. The only position they haven’t addressed yet is safety, but they still have 4 more picks today. Ar’Darius Washington from TCU is still available.

As for targeting troubled players, again I’m perfectly ok with it as long as they can play. I’m sick of them trying to find the “right kind of guys” or “RKG’s”. That’s all we heard from during Jason Garrett’s time here. At this point I don’t care if they’re bad guys or not, can they play is all I want to know. When Jimmy was here he wasn’t concerned if his guys were choir boys. Can they play? That’s all that matters.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 6, 2021 4:35 pm

I think the Cowboys showed too much of their hand before the draft started. Both Horn and Surtain taken just in front of us. That is why they moved back and ended up choosing Parsons. Of course I'm still pissed they didn't take Slater. Same thing happened in the beginning of round two. That's why I suggested we combine our 4th round pick with the extra 3ird we got from the Egals to move up a bit to get another one of the players I wanted and the Cowboys wanted. I feel we missed out getting better quality in round two. For some reason the Cowboys under Jerry Jones has done terrible in round two.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,506

Post#91 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 9, 2021 7:07 am

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:From what I’ve heard Dan Quinn typically likes to have 1 CB that is really good at man to man (like Diggs is), and like 1 CB that is a burner. So whichever one of these 3 guys runs the fastest at their workouts will likely be the pick.

Him & Kris Richard run the same Cover 3/1. Prioritize size & arm length over quickness. Sherman is the prototype. He might be available soon. Could be a Cowboy. :wink:

That’s just what the “insiders” were talking about yesterday as far as the type of CB’s he likes. I guess we’ll find out in April.

Well...They end up taking tall CB's with long arms (Dan Quinn influence), just as I said they likely would. That is the exact prototype for that defense.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#92 » by Mr B » Sun May 9, 2021 3:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Him & Kris Richard run the same Cover 3/1. Prioritize size & arm length over quickness. Sherman is the prototype. He might be available soon. Could be a Cowboy. :wink:

That’s just what the “insiders” were talking about yesterday as far as the type of CB’s he likes. I guess we’ll find out in April.

Well...They end up taking tall CB's with long arms (Dan Quinn influence), just as I said they likely would. That is the exact prototype for that defense.

That’s why the rumor was they liked Horn over Surtain. Also they pretty much went with length at every pick too not just CB. Pretty much every guy they drafted has exceptionally long arms.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#93 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I get that but there isn’t a an Aaron Donald in this draft. The best DT is being projected closer to 15 and is not the type of DT you want to be a run stopper. Kwity Paye (DT-Michigan) is a pass rusher. He’s 6’4” 275 lbs. but he’s not a big run stuffer. The Cowboys already have at least two young guys like that in the roster. What they don’t have is a starting CB opposite Trey Diggs.

How would you feel about taking a LB in the first round? Just curious on your thoughts.

LB is really not our biggest need at the moment only because Jaylon, LVE, and as of right now Sean Lee will all be back. Plus they signed Neal who is moving to LB and is expected to start (ahead of Lee) in the weak side. I do expect they will draft a LB or two at some point in the draft just not in the 1st round. At pick 10 there will be other players that fit more pressing needs.

I'm hoping you are not upset we took Micah Parsons, :eyebrows: :wink: :wink: :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#94 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:How would you feel about taking a LB in the first round? Just curious on your thoughts.

LB is really not our biggest need at the moment only because Jaylon, LVE, and as of right now Sean Lee will all be back. Plus they signed Neal who is moving to LB and is expected to start (ahead of Lee) in the weak side. I do expect they will draft a LB or two at some point in the draft just not in the 1st round. At pick 10 there will be other players that fit more pressing needs.

I'm hoping yo are not upset we took Micah Parsons, :eyebrows: :wink: :wink: :lol:

I was clearly wrong! Lol! I wanted Patrick Surtain at the time and was kind of scared of the off field issues Parsons had at Penn St.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#95 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:LB is really not our biggest need at the moment only because Jaylon, LVE, and as of right now Sean Lee will all be back. Plus they signed Neal who is moving to LB and is expected to start (ahead of Lee) in the weak side. I do expect they will draft a LB or two at some point in the draft just not in the 1st round. At pick 10 there will be other players that fit more pressing needs.

I'm hoping yo are not upset we took Micah Parsons, :eyebrows: :wink: :wink: :lol:

I was clearly wrong! Lol! I wanted Patrick Surtain at the time and was kind of scared of the off field issues Parsons had at Penn St.

You know I have been royally bitching for 7 years about getting a top notch DT or LB. I think we got a really good one this time !!!!
Mr B
RealGM

Post#96 » by Mr B » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm hoping yo are not upset we took Micah Parsons, :eyebrows: :wink: :wink: :lol:

You know I have been royally bitching for 7 years about getting a top notch DT or LB. I think we got a really good one this time !!!!

Gallimore seems to really be developing into a good DT and I don’t think anyone thought Osa Odighizuwa would turn into the player he has become. He never showed this kind of talent at UCLA. Having Gregory back too also really helps. You were one of the ones wanting to cut Gregory after his last suspension right? It’s amazing how the DL was so bad last year and in 1 off season it’s now probably the best unit on the team.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#97 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I was clearly wrong! Lol! I wanted Patrick Surtain at the time and was kind of scared of the off field issues Parsons had at Penn St.

Gallimore seems to really be developing into a good DT and I don’t think anyone thought Osa Odighizuwa would turn into the player he has become. He never showed this kind of talent at UCLA. Having Gregory back too also really helps. You were one of the ones wanting to cut Gregory after his last suspension right? It’s amazing how the DL was so bad last year and in 1 off season it’s now probably the best unit on the team.

Yes I was. I have zero tolerance for junkie's and substance abusers.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#98 » by Mr B » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:49 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You know I have been royally bitching for 7 years about getting a top notch DT or LB. I think we got a really good one this time !!!!

Personally I think weed is less harmful than alcohol. And if a player feels that is more beneficial to them than legalized heroine (opiates) I have no problem with them smoking weed. I’m glad the NFL stopped testing for it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#99 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Gallimore seems to really be developing into a good DT and I don’t think anyone thought Osa Odighizuwa would turn into the player he has become. He never showed this kind of talent at UCLA. Having Gregory back too also really helps. You were one of the ones wanting to cut Gregory after his last suspension right? It’s amazing how the DL was so bad last year and in 1 off season it’s now probably the best unit on the team.

Personally I think weed is less harmful than alcohol. And if a player feels that is more beneficial to them than legalized heroine (opiates) I have no problem with them smoking weed. I’m glad the NFL stopped testing for it.

I don't and never had a problem with weed, just the other crap.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#100 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 6, 2022 9:56 pm

We need a new center. Additional Offensive Line would be fine as well but our current Center isn’t cutting it. The drop off from Frederick to Biadasz has been significant and unacceptable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to Dallas Cowboys