Moderator: Texas Chuck

linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Re: Cowboys vs. Titans. 

Post#81 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 11:11 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:It could possibly happen my friend. hurts is not the only one out. They also lost Lane Johnson which is huge.

Yes,losing him is huge,but IMO-they are going to be fine playing New Orleans at home.They are going to go all out to win it,and coming off the last game against us,their defense will be pissed.So after they win they will be able to rest very well.
I,ll be shocked if they lose to New Orleans.

Saints currently up 13-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reverse jinx can work.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#82 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 11:17 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:But those kinds of things never happen to us anymore... :lol:

You didn't give the Saints even a chance all week. Haven't you already learned your lesson by now? :wink: :lol:

We never gets these kinds of breaks,and It will be shocking if Philly loses,and we beat Washington in Washington.
We never did well in those win,and in games in those 3 consecutive 8-8 seasons under Garrett.I was actually fine with us not getting a bye,so we could remain hot,or get hot to end the season,and continue into the playoffs.I have no faith in this teams ability to win a playoff game at home,even with a bye.There is something I like thats cool about rooting for them in the playoffs while they are on the road.Doesn,t mean we will auto-lose if we get in as a W.C.,and doesn,t mean we will auto-win with a bye,and a home playoff game.For some reason for this season I think it would be better for them to go on the road,and have to win out to get there.Too many times being favored etc,and over hyped,and not winning.On the road would force this team into having to be more disciplined etc.._IMO.

Maybe this is the year the stars align and we win despite Jerry and the Curse Of Jerry. After 2 decades of bad luck, etc., things have to even out eventually. Tell me if I am wrong but the last time we won a playoff game on the road was 1992 vs. the Whiners.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#83 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 11:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:You didn't give the Saints even a chance all week. Haven't you already learned your lesson by now? :wink: :lol:

We never gets these kinds of breaks,and It will be shocking if Philly loses,and we beat Washington in Washington.
We never did well in those win,and in games in those 3 consecutive 8-8 seasons under Garrett.I was actually fine with us not getting a bye,so we could remain hot,or get hot to end the season,and continue into the playoffs.I have no faith in this teams ability to win a playoff game at home,even with a bye.There is something I like thats cool about rooting for them in the playoffs while they are on the road.Doesn,t mean we will auto-lose if we get in as a W.C.,and doesn,t mean we will auto-win with a bye,and a home playoff game.For some reason for this season I think it would be better for them to go on the road,and have to win out to get there.Too many times being favored etc,and over hyped,and not winning.On the road would force this team into having to be more disciplined etc.._IMO.

Maybe this is the year the stars align and we win despite Jerry and the Curse Of Jerry. After 2 decades of bad luck, etc., things have to even out eventually. Tell me if I am wrong but the last time we won a playoff game on the road was 1992 vs. the Whiners.

Maybe...but I just hate them at home in the playoffs now..Execute !
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#84 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 12:17 am

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,706

Post#85 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 12:42 am

Looks like the Cowboys still need to win against Washington next week.

Vikes lost, so 49ers, Vikes, and Cowboys have identical 12-4 records.

Who knows what happens in the playoffs.

Cowboys might end up having home field in the 2nd round.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#86 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 12:46 am

Fierce1 wrote:Looks like the Cowboys still need to win against Washington next week.

Minny will finish in the 2 slot.They will nervously host a WC game lol.
The question for me is the NYG` game against Philly.NY has nothing to play for,and if they rest their key guys ,Philly wins,and no matter what we do against eliminated Washington;who will most likely go all out vs us to win;we get the 5 seed.
3 teams going for the 1 slot..us,SF,and Philly.The Giants hopefully may decide to play their guys,and not rest them,otherwise ..its Philly 1,and us 5,and GB is most likely in.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,706

Post#87 » by Fierce1 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 1:04 am

linery88 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Looks like the Cowboys still need to win against Washington next week.

The question for me is the NYG` game against Philly.NY has nothing to play for,and if they rest their key guys ,Philly wins,and no matter what we do against eliminated Washington;who will most likely go all out vs us to win;we get the 5 seed.
3 teams going for the 1 slot..us,SF,and Philly.The Giants hopefully may decide to play their guys,and not rest them,otherwise ..its Philly 1,and us 5,and GB is most likely in.

I think Dallas will be the 5th seed.

But the 2nd round might be a different story if the #6 or #7 seed upset the #1 or #2 seed.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 2, 2023 1:11 am

Fierce1 wrote:
linery88 wrote:

I think Dallas will be the 5th seed.

But the 2nd round might be a different story if the #6 or #7 seed upset the #1 or #2 seed.

Minny could end up number 3 because of SF winning while Minny lost.Minny is the worst playoff team in the NFC this year.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#89 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 2, 2023 5:03 pm

If I understand this correctly, Dallas will win the BYE if Philly loses and Dallas wins. And whatever the 49ers or Vikings do is meaningless if that happens.

I think...not 100% sure of that though.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by linery88 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 12:24 am

Micah Prescott wrote:If I understand this correctly, Dallas will win the BYE if Philly loses and Dallas wins. And whatever the 49ers or Vikings do is meaningless if that happens.

SF,and Philly must lose,and we must win to get the bye.
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-18-of-2022-nfl-season
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,150

Post#91 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 3, 2023 2:52 am

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:If I understand this correctly, Dallas will win the BYE if Philly loses and Dallas wins. And whatever the 49ers or Vikings do is meaningless if that happens.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-playoff-clinching-scenarios-for-week-18-of-2022-nfl-season

Yea if San Fran wins they will be the # seed even if Dallas win and Philly loses. We need both Philly and San Fran to lose and Dallas to win for the Cowboys to get the #1 seed.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#92 » by linery88 » Tue Jan 3, 2023 5:07 am

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Yea if San Fran wins they will be the # seed even if Dallas win and Philly loses. We need both Philly and San Fran to lose and Dallas to win for the Cowboys to get the #1 seed.

Dabol no comment so far as to whether or not he plans on resting anyone vs Philly.
https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/02/giants-coach-brian-daboll-on-matchup-vs-eagles-i-havent-thought-about-resting-anyone-in-week-18/

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#93 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Jan 3, 2023 5:38 pm

Going back to my mindset following the week 1 loss to Tampa Bay and Dak's injury. It is absolutely insane that we are talking about the #1 seed right now. I would have bet my house and everything I own that Dallas could never reach where they are right now.

"Any Given Sunday" is the realist thing ever, and even though Dallas fans are so used to playoff failure lately it is impossible to rule out the unthinkable just because of...any given sunday
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,150

Post#94 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 3, 2023 11:56 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Going back to my mindset following the week 1 loss to Tampa Bay and Dak's injury. It is absolutely insane that we are talking about the #1 seed right now. I would have bet my house and everything I own that Dallas could never reach where they are right now.

"Any Given Sunday" is the realist thing ever, and even though Dallas fans are so used to playoff failure lately it is impossible to rule out the unthinkable just because of...any given sunday

I totally understand what you’re saying but at this point I need to see it (in the playoffs) to believe it.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#95 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 4, 2023 12:31 am

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Going back to my mindset following the week 1 loss to Tampa Bay and Dak's injury. It is absolutely insane that we are talking about the #1 seed right now. I would have bet my house and everything I own that Dallas could never reach where they are right now.

I totally understand what you’re saying but at this point I need to see it (in the playoffs) to believe it.

I think that is all Dallas fans including me. My expectations are 1 and done, but like I was saying my expectations for the season were to miss the playoffs completely.

I think that if we do lose in the first round, it will be easier to accept for me this time though, because I do believe that will signal the start of Sean Payton in Dallas. And I'll be happy with that.

What will be hard is if we make it to the NFC Championship game and lose to the 49ers, which would probably be enough for Jerry to keep MaCarthy around.

And I am asking myself what I would rather have and I'm not sure what holds more weight. Some playoff wins or Payton.

Like would you rather go to the Super Bowl and lose but keep McCarthy or lose in round 1 and get Payton? I think I'd take a SB loss. But I'm not sure about an NFC Championship loss, that is kind of 50/50.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by linery88 » Wed Jan 4, 2023 6:05 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I think that is all Dallas fans including me. My expectations are 1 and done, but like I was saying my expectations for the season were to miss the playoffs completely.

I think that if we do lose in the first round, it will be easier to accept for me this time though, because I do believe that will signal the start of Sean Payton in Dallas. And I'll be happy with that.

What will be hard is if we make it to the NFC Championship game and lose to the 49ers, which would probably be enough for Jerry to keep MaCarthy around.

And I am asking myself what I would rather have and I'm not sure what holds more weight. Some playoff wins or Payton.

Like would you rather go to the Super Bowl and lose but keep McCarthy or lose in round 1 and get Payton? I think I'd take a SB loss. But I'm not sure about an NFC Championship loss, that is kind of 50/50.

Only way Payton ever comes here is if Jerry agrees to tone down his rhetoric,oh but wait...Jerry will never do that,feeling the way he has/does as the owner.If Payton could have all the control a good coach needs,we would be a much better team that way.
It would even have to made public,as to whether or not Jeery would agree to tone down certain things before the deal was even consumated.We can win with McCarthy if...
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#97 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 4, 2023 5:00 pm

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:I totally understand what you’re saying but at this point I need to see it (in the playoffs) to believe it.

Only way Payton ever comes here is if Jerry agrees to tone down his rhetoric,oh but wait...Jerry will never do that,feeling the way he has/does as the owner.If Payton could have all the control a good coach needs,we would be a much better team that way.
It would even have to made public,as to whether or not Jeery would agree to tone down certain things before the deal was even consumated.We can win with McCarthy if...

Not true and this is what a lot of people said about Parcells.

Payton definitely wants to coach in Dallas, and he already has coached in Dallas. If the job is open for him here he'll take it.

Jerry doesn't meddle in coaching nearing as much as most fans assume and the key area where it was problematic in the past was during the draft where Jerry and the coach would butt heads over who to take. That is basically the root of what happened to Jimmy and Jerry, the both wanted to draft and couldn't agree. Today things are different and the Cowboys draft is open to basically everyone (coaches, scouts, owners) with a final say given by Stephen who is being groomed to be the next GM.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#98 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 5, 2023 2:25 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think that is all Dallas fans including me. My expectations are 1 and done, but like I was saying my expectations for the season were to miss the playoffs completely.

Not true and this is what a lot of people said about Parcells.

Payton definitely wants to coach in Dallas, and he already has coached in Dallas. If the job is open for him here he'll take it.

Jerry doesn't meddle in coaching nearing as much as most fans assume and the key area where it was problematic in the past was during the draft where Jerry and the coach would butt heads over who to take. That is basically the root of what happened to Jimmy and Jerry, the both wanted to draft and couldn't agree. Today things are different and the Cowboys draft is open to basically everyone (coaches, scouts, owners) with a final say given by Stephen who is being groomed to be the next GM.

I have read,and heard that it was Jerry who was the instigator.He said "Anyone can coach this team",and that pissed Jimmy off.
I dont think we will ever see Payton here.Payton is smart,and wants a team that can win now.Nothing will happen until after the season,and coaches start getting fired,then we will hear about Payton,and he will be asked about it.All the coaches if not most,already know how Jerry feels about coaching,and his thoughts that anyone can do it.Jerry doesn,t have to meddle.All he has to do is talk to the press.All those times Jimmy was winning,while Jerry was jealous,and wanting more credit.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,982

Post#99 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 5, 2023 2:20 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Payton definitely wants to coach in Dallas, and he already has coached in Dallas. If the job is open for him here he'll take it.

I tend to agree with you here. The key factor with working for Jerry is knowing what goes into working for Jerry and Payton absolutely knows that. Another factor that gets unstated is the respect that Will McClay has within and outside of the organization. He has shown the ability to work with different coaches and craft his drafts boards around what the Head Coach feels is needed. I can see him and Payton being a really good match for each other along with making sure that Jerry and Stephen (He's a big part of all this as well) and they are all in sync.

Of course, if McCarthy has a nice, long playoff run then all of this is moot.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#100 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 5, 2023 3:07 pm

Something I just stumbled upon that's somewhat mind blowing to me.

Mike McCarthy actually has better playoff success than Sean Payton.

Return to Dallas Cowboys